Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I’m looking forward to this. JRJR has been doing some great work so far. Wells is doing B- level work but this has a great hook so I’m excited.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Scribble Man?!?

That's a TERRIBLE name. I may have a new favourite.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I feel like the better arcs of this run so far have been the Wells/JRJR joints and everything else there's less effort put in because Wells/JRJR are the main team and the actual important stuff is only gonna happen in those issues. I'd say only the Gwen issue with Wells/Dragotta is the only other issue that had anything really worthwhile happen lol. Maybe if the book came out once a month it wouldn't need to spin its wheels half the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I feel like the better arcs of this run so far have been the Wells/JRJR joints and everything else there's less effort put in because Wells/JRJR are the main team and the actual important stuff is only gonna happen in those issues.
    You're probably right, which is an insane viewpoint to hold for anyone working on Marvel's flagship book.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Amazing Member

I predict a Scribble Man movie coming from Sony sometime this decade. And probably sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    I predict a Scribble Man movie coming from Sony sometime this decade. And probably sooner than later
    And get a weirdly high profile actor to waste on playing him. Henry Cavill is free now. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    And get a weirdly high profile actor to waste on playing him. Henry Cavill is free now. Lol.
    Perfection.
    458c08c76355934df9361053e9b4c4e8.jpg Benjamin_Rabin_29_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_556_0001.jpg

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Some spoilers are out on 4chan

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Some spoilers are out on 4chan
    navigating that site is such a pain
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    navigating that site is such a pain
    /Co and look for a Spidey thread. There's always one for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    /Co and look for a Spidey thread. There's always one for some reason
    no I found it just venting how much of a pain it is. Well looks like Wells is using his own characters from the past so at least some continuity is there
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I’ve read the issue. Below are my non-spoilery comments.

-it’s okay, but it’s mostly set-up so still could go either way at this point (eg: I thought Dark Web might turn out okay after the first part… and then went downhill fast)

-the art… JRJr does not shine when he tries to draw kids. That’s all I’ll say.

-the timeline is confusing. The recap page says ‘a year and a half ago’ (which seems a bit nutty for such a span of time to take place off-panel when you consider it’s for a character who is supposed to age so slowly that one year in comics is sometimes a decade IRL), then later on in the book it says ‘one year ago’, and I also recall the amount of time in earlier issues being referred to as ‘six months’… maybe I’m just reading it wrong though.

-while still only publishing positive letters, Lowe mentions the Twitter furor over Dark Web… so the online negative reaction is obviously having some kind of effect

-questions asking for plot details will be ignored. Sorry, but gotta play by the rules. The issue does have some answers about some things that have been teased since the end of Beyond, but I’ll wait until Wednesday to go into detail.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’ve read the issue. Below are my non-spoilery comments.

-it’s okay, but it’s mostly set-up so still could go either way at this point (eg: I thought Dark Web might turn out okay after the first part… and then went downhill fast)

-the art… JRJr does not shine when he tries to draw kids. That’s all I’ll say.

-the timeline is confusing. The recap page says ‘a year and a half ago’ (which seems a bit nutty for such a span of time to take place off-panel when you consider it’s for a character who is supposed to age so slowly that one year in comics is sometimes a decade IRL), then later on in the book it says ‘one year ago’, and I also recall the amount of time in earlier issues being referred to as ‘six months’… maybe I’m just reading it wrong though.

-while still only publishing positive letters, Lowe mentions the Twitter furor over Dark Web… so the online negative reaction is obviously having some kind of effect

-questions asking for plot details will be ignored. Sorry, but gotta play by the rules. The issue does have some answers about some things that have been teased since the end of Beyond, but I’ll wait until Wednesday to go into detail.
    Damn, it seems they really muddled the timeline up even more lol. I figured it went:

Beyond -> 6 months -> ASM #1 -> roughly 6 months -> ASM #21

I wonder where the other half-year came from in the recap page

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    Damn, it seems they really muddled the timeline up even more lol. I figured it went:

Beyond -> 6 months -> ASM #1 -> roughly 6 months -> ASM #21

I wonder where the other half-year came from in the recap page
    Maybe Peter and MJ were gone for a year and half, not six months. Either that or they just retconned it that way.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Maybe Peter and MJ were gone for a year and half, not six months. Either that or they just retconned it that way.
    Given how enlightening the recap page has been this run, you may be on to something there