Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    You'd be almost a half a day or so ahead
    thats probably want I will do but Im still getting the physical books to support my LCS friend when I get back, athough I wonder if Amazing at this point will be worth the effort lol

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

spoilers:
    so MJ getting a mark as well for sacrifice makes sense now as where the storu is going. Another magic being causing the separation. can't almost exactly guess how the rest of this will go
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    spoilers:
    so MJ getting a mark as well for sacrifice makes sense now as where the storu is going. Another magic being causing the separation. can't almost exactly guess how the rest of this will go
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I bet the magic will eventually be undone at the cost of someone else's life, probably Paul or Norman or those kids.
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    I bet the magic will eventually be undone at the cost of someone else's life, probably Paul or Norman or those kids.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    As much as I hate Paul, I kinda also want it to be Norman because frankly, I'm tired of the Osborn family after Spencer's run
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    spoilers:
    As much as I hate Paul, I kinda also want it to be Norman because frankly, I'm tired of the Osborn family after Spencer's run
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have been tired of the Osborns ever since Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75, I am hoping Norman finally pays for his sins and takes Paul with him.
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

man the art isn't that impressive

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Just read it I’m very intrigued, without spoiling anything specific, we’ve finally picked back up where we left off at the end of Beyond

Those kids look like bobbleheads...it is very off-putting.

Astonishing Member

I don’t know what happened to JRJr. His Spider-Man is still okay (if a bit too slender), but his human figures are awful… especially how he draws kids. I can’t believe this is the same guy who graced classics like PP:SM#75 or the bulk of JMS’s run. It’s like a different… much worse artist. 90s/early 00s artists losing their magic touch seems to be a trend. Bagley has also declined in quality for that matter, but not as much as JRJr.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I don’t know what happened to JRJr. His Spider-Man is still okay (if a bit too slender), but his human figures are awful… especially how he draws kids. I can’t believe this is the same guy who graced classics like PP:SM#75 or the bulk of JMS’s run. It’s like a different… much worse artist. 90s/early 00s artists losing their magic touch seems to be a trend. Bagley has also declined in quality for that matter, but not as much as JRJr.
    Time passes for all of us, unfortunately.

spoilers:
    I have been tired of the Osborns ever since Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75, I am hoping Norman finally pays for his sins and takes Paul with him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would never stick, especially because no amount of heroic sacrifice can make up for all the terrible @#$% Norman's done and the Green Goblin is too popular.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    It would never stick, especially because no amount of heroic sacrifice can make up for all the terrible @#$% Norman's done and the Green Goblin is too popular.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess I will have to be content with Paul's death then.
    end of spoilers

Those kids look like bobbleheads...it is very off-putting.
    Yea, those heads are way too big for their bodies. It just feels unnatural. Hell Stephanie literally looks like they drew MJ’s head and face a second time and put it on a child’s body.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-08-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Sigh there is not much pulling me into this Wayep. I think there are several different reasons. He has no real connection to Spider-man. More of a villain one might see in Doctor Strange. Or he reminds me of the great beasts that alpha flight fights. But they are all Canadian and Sasquatch was on the team. Why is this a Spider-man story?

It’s easy to create an enemy to separate MJ and Peter. Easy to create one who beats up Peter.

This feels like Morlun without all the intriguing parts and the art is sadly not at the same level that it was back then.

So far I am wondering why. But not why as in story wise but why as in why did this story have to happen? A tragedy is very much in the reason why it happens, this so far just feels unconnected.

Astonishing Member

It was very kind of Rabin to glow yellow and levitate out of nowhere just to match the end of Beyond