Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    It was very kind of Rabin to glow yellow and levitate out of nowhere just to match the end of Beyond
    Hey he developed an entire new power set to justify this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sigh there is not much pulling me into this Wayep. I think there are several different reasons. He has no real connection to Spider-man. More of a villain one might see in Doctor Strange. Or he reminds me of the great beasts that alpha flight fights. But they are all Canadian and Sasquatch was on the team. Why is this a Spider-man story?

It’s easy to create an enemy to separate MJ and Peter. Easy to create one who beats up Peter.

This feels like Morlun without all the intriguing parts and the art is sadly not at the same level that it was back then.

So far I am wondering why. But not why as in story wise but why as in why did this story have to happen? A tragedy is very much in the reason why it happens, this so far just feels unconnected.
    They want to separate Peter and MJ in the more lazy way. Nothing more.

No one:
    Zeb Wells: hey kids remember than character I've written 15 years ago nobody cared about? How about I center my entire run around him?

Oh come on, I am still sick after Spencer's Kindred... also- damn. Almost 15 years have passed. Do I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    They want to separate Peter and MJ in the more lazy way. Nothing more.
    Basically One Moment In Time 2.0, huh? Because the first time wasn't enough!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

So...what I am inferring from this issue is that Peter and MJ can't be together because the world will end or some mystical mumbo-jumbo bull crap? That is dumb and lazy, I think that is even lazier than using Mephisto to break up their marriage. This comic blows. Also, those kids are Peters and MJ's, I am calling it right now! Also...Paul sucks, but you all already knew that.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-08-2023 at 12:28 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    So...what I am inferring from this issue is that Peter and MJ can't be together because the world will end or some mystical mumbo-jumbo bull crap? That is dumb and lazy, I think that is even lazier than using Mephisto to break up their marriage. This comic blows. Also, those kids are Peters and MJ's, I am calling it right now! Also...Paul sucks.
    But since this was supposed to last 2 years instead of 1 have to change it up for year 2. Might get more MJ in season 2

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But since this was supposed to last 2 years instead of 1 have to change it up for year 2. Might get more MJ in season 2
    One can only hope, but I am not feeling very hopeful right now.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Where are people getting the idea the mystery box was supposed to last two years?

In a podcast in August, Wells said the plan was to keep the mystery box going for a year, and then start his year two with the reader and the characters finally on the same space.

They have been remarkably consistent with what they’ve said and the outcomes, from Wells laying out that plan to Cebulski saying at C2E2 that Peter and MJ would not be together, true love doesn’t always win but they are best friends - and Peter called MJ his best friend in ASM 20.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 03-08-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Hey guys, kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey guys, kids?
    are ugly looking
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Where are people getting the idea the mystery box was supposed to last two years?

In a podcast in August, Wells said the plan was to keep the mystery box going for a year, and then start his year two with the reader and the characters finally on the same space.

They have been remarkably consistent with what they’ve said and the outcomes, from Wells laying out that plan to Cebulski saying at C2E2 that Peter and MJ would not be together, true love doesn’t always win but they are best friends - and Peter called MJ his best friend in ASM 20.
    But he also said he wanted to convey them trying to be together and something is in the way. Which would happen if seems in year 2. Granted if he makes it all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    are ugly looking
    Wonder if that'll prevent Paul from eating 'em, something like "Anything that ugly can't be considered food".
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey guys, kids?
    The kids haven't been eaten yet, but Wells said he had tears in his eyes when Wells pitched the story so fingers crossed!

But he also said he wanted to convey them trying to be together and something is in the way. Which would happen if seems in year 2. Granted if he makes it all the way
    Oh, I very much doubt this will end with Peter and MJ together. He'll still keep them apart. Betting the "tears" part is that MJ and Peter can never be together or the world will end, some nonsense like that. After all, this entire story is because a magic guy did some magic and forced some sort of magical curse on Peter and MJ. So anything can happen out of the blue, it's all just random magic.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 03-08-2023 at 01:21 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Reading the Black Cat and MJ mini today really sunk in how far removed the Wells run has been on having Pete and MJ actually have an adult conversation. This is now the second time we've gone down the rabbit hole of a big supernatural reason why Pete and MJ can't be together.

And the whole time I'm reading Amazing I just kept asking "why not have them just breakup like normal people?"

And people keep making these grand predictions for Paul secretly being an abusive creep or secretly Mephisto, or a time-displaced Peter from the future like Lars in Futurama. Honestly I think it's really as simple as Paul and the kids is supposed to be a rebutation of fans taking the One More Day story as literal that MJ is now retcon as being anti-marriage. It's there way of saying "Oh no, MJ would totally being willing to tie the knot. Just not with Peter." lol
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 03-08-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And the whole time I'm reading Amazing I just kept asking "why not have them just breakup like normal people?"
    This.
    It was handled pretty well in Spider-Verse movie. People do break up even if they love each other.
    They can't be together because she met someone else. That's it, there's no need for magic bs.

Still- people would be very mad (me included). You don't tease us with that wedding ring only to backtrack few months later.