Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd miss many, but I think it'd be entirely worth it. Fans put so much weight in how she sizes up to others that to be done with such comparisons would be a godsend.
    In this case the cure is worse than the disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I would miss her interactions with other heroes, but especially her relationships with the great variety of DC superheroines.
    Yeah, especially when you take into consideration interactions that don't happen often, but are quite interesting anyways. For example: Mera, Carol Ferris, They don't interact with WW often, but it's quite interesting.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In this case the cure is worse than the disease.
    Yeah, especially when you take into consideration interactions that don't happen often, but are quite interesting anyways. For example: Mera, Carol Ferris, They don't interact with WW often, but it's quite interesting.
    No it isn't. If the sxist at DC won't ever respect her as an equal powerhouse to the top male heroes of the DCU. Then she is better off in her owqn universe where she can be the best. Instead of being a middle of the road mess that doesn't excel at anything.

This is ridiculous. Wonder Woman wouldn't have a live action movie if she wasn't part of the DC Universe.

Bad things happen whether she's in other books or not. Being in other books is what makes many people pick her up. They see her in another characters story and then they like her ans wanna read her book

This whole thread is pointless and I'm not gonna bother respond to vitriolic arguments about how she's way too good for all those horrible writers in the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This is ridiculous. Wonder Woman wouldn't have a live action movie if she wasn't part of the DC Universe.
    And yet, none of her live action movies have anything to do with the shared universe at all. Batman, Blade and Spider-Man have had movies that weren't part of a shared universe.

Bad things happen whether she's in other books or not.

True, but most of the worst ones happen in other books. Injustice, Trinity, Infinite Crisis, just about any time she's written by Frank Miller.

They see her in another characters story and then they like her ans wanna read her book
    If that's the case, why do we keep hearing about how she's struggling in sales?

This whole thread is pointless and I'm not gonna bother respond to vitriolic arguments about how she's way too good for all those horrible writers in the DC universe.
    With all due respect, the vitriol in this thread seems to have come only from you. If you find this thread pointless, why post this response at all? This thread isn't even saying Diana shouldn't be in a shared universe.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-17-2023 at 05:13 AM.

Thread is pointless. Let now post in this thread about how pointless it is and get angry at arguments that weren't being made.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-17-2023 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Which is a pretty damning indictment that Wonder Woman was only able to finally have a movie because Superman, Batman and the Justice League already had one or were going to.

And it cuts both ways, because as we saw, she was denied a third movie because Superman and the rest of the DC movie-verse are getting rebooted. It's not a good look that Diana's evidently not allowed to have a franchise or trilogy unless the other guys have their movies along with her first.

It's no secret I'm of the mind Wonder Woman (along with other characters like Superman and Shazam among others) would be better off in their own respective universes.

But whenever the subject comes up, the pushback is often we would miss out on stories of Diana with other heroes. And I think it's a valid question to ask what exactly would be lost and who would fans really miss?

I explained who I would and wouldn't in the OP. Yeah, I like the friendship between Diana and Black Canary and Zatanna, but I can't say I would be sad if Batman or Superman never entered her life again. I don't think even the good moments she's shared with them are worth it.
    As said, I like her friendship with Aquaman...though that depends on the writer. And she would have to actually have moments with Flash and Green Lantern to actually miss them.

But that's also why I kept bringing up whether the other characters and their worlds complement Wonder Woman. Ideally, a shared universe should make each individual character and their world feel bigger. At worst, it makes them feel smaller.
    I think it's worth wondering just who really adds to Diana's character and world and who doesn't or (worse) diminishes it.

Also want to point out I asked about friendships and not villains. Because there are non-WW rogues she could contend with that might be interesting, but that's just speculation and fan fiction. And no one likes Max Lord.

So, yeah, Diana could have interesting and dynamic friendships that we haven't seen yet. She probably won't.

But I'm not asking about what could be. I asking what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    And she would have to actually have moments with Flash and Green Lantern to actually miss them.
    Now those ARE a thing! Depending on how you count it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Which is a pretty damning indictment that Wonder Woman was only able to finally have a movie because Superman, Batman and the Justice League already had one or were going to.

And it cuts both ways, because as we saw, she was denied a third movie because Superman and the rest of the DC movie-verse are getting rebooted. It's not a good look that Diana's evidently not allowed to have a franchise or trilogy unless the other guys have their movies along with her first.
    Tbf, I think 1984 getting an underwhelming response sealed the deal on her current trilogy being shelved. That being a factor and the shared universe getting rebooted anyway, it makes sense to just start fresh with everyone else.

It'll hopefully work out in the long run. Keep what worked in the DCEU (mostly from the first film), ditch what didn't. If this reboot gets us the clay birth, technologically advanced and powerful Amazons, and better depictions of Ares and Cheetah, the shared universe is pulling through for us for a change.