Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Appreciation 2023

For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Yay, Moondragon!

Thanks for starting this thread, seccruz!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

MoonDragon is up there for me. I'm more fond of her earlier appearances. Right now I'm not even sure if she is the old MD or more likely a clone or another universe's MD.
    My favorite version of her is Jim Starlin's from that 2 part annual around '77.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    MoonDragon is up there for me. I'm more fond of her earlier appearances. Right now I'm not even sure if she is the old MD or more likely a clone or another universe's MD.
    I have been wanting to talk all about Heather for a long time, so we finally have a new home for that here!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    She's a bit of both.

Alternate Heather merged with 616 Heather to become and even more powerful version of Moondragon. She's easily the premier cosmic psychic. I would love to see her go up against Jean

I was gutted when Ewings run on GOTG ended because we were just getting into what MD could actually do with her powers. And I'm equally gutted that she's not featured in the new series. The guardians are going for the "family" storyline for the 10 time in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    She's a bit of both.

Alternate Heather merged with 616 Heather to become and even more powerful version of Moondragon. She's easily the premier cosmic psychic. I would love to see her go up against Jean

I was gutted when Ewings run on GOTG ended because we were just getting into what MD could actually do with her powers. And I'm equally gutted that she's not featured in the new series. The guardians are going for the "family" storyline for the 10 time in a row.
    I agree with your post.

Moondragon is such a great character and should not be shelved.

I would love for a space story where Jean and Heather meet (again) and comapre/contrast their abilities as well as spar or even fight.

Some questions I have:
    1) Did not the other Heather beat off the Dragon? That would impy that she is more powerful than 616 Heather.
    2) DId our Heather (616) have some current Dragon power before the 2 merged?

Ultimate Member

Heather always appealed to me for her attitude (long before Emma Frost got famous for much the same 'Frosty' demeanor), as well as her power, which intrigued me because it was self-taught. Somehow, she trained with aliens, and became a psychic of near-Jean-Grey levels. Telepathy (and, to a lesser extent, telekinesis) appear to be something you can gain as part of mystical training (Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, Jennifer Kale, etc. were listed as having these powers as a result of training), or training by aliens (Bob/Marvel Boy, Heather/Moondragon and Mantis all gained psychic powers as a result of alien training. Heck, even Dr. Doom has a psychic power from alien training, to switch his mind with someone else!).

That's always intrigued me, and I wondered for ages if some mutants were mutant telepaths *or* telekinetics, but managed to *learn* the other, perhaps even being telepathically taught that psychic discipline the same way that a telepath can 'teach' someone a new language or skill with a quick psychic download. It would certainly be a scary development if mutant telepaths could train non-telepaths with psychic potential, like Heather, to be telepaths!

(And that's my assumption, that alien-trained folk like Heather, Marvel Boy and Mantis, all had some latent psychic potential and weren't just average schmoes! I'm not sure I like the notion that all six billion people on Earth could get a bit of training and all be like Moondragon!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree with your post.

Moondragon is such a great character and should not be shelved.

I would love for a space story where Jean and Heather meet (again) and comapre/contrast their abilities as well as spar or even fight.

Some questions I have:
    1) Did not the other Heather beat off the Dragon? That would impy that she is more powerful than 616 Heather.
    2) DId our Heather (616) have some current Dragon power before the 2 merged?
    The other Heather was never corrupted by the dragon of the moon. But I'm unsure if they ever faced off against each other. Maybe they did and the other Heather beat off the dragon.

And yes, 616 Heather was able to summon a dragon. But I'm not sure if this was just a tk dragon in the way other psychics summon weapons or if the power was some how related to the dragon on the moon.

The other Heather was clearly more powerful than 616 Heather. She even said she was the most powerful psychic in her universe.

Yeah, I think Mantis and Moondragon were not just average schmoes, as both were considered potential candidates as the Celestial Madonna (which Mantis won, due to her humility and humanity that Moondragon lacked. The Priests who trained Mantis, sent her out to live/interact with humanity, while Heather only left Titan after she had learned all she felt that she could).

Both sects of Priests who trained Mantis and Moondragon were from the same order, just in different locations, and they all possessed some level of strength, fighting proficiency and mental awareness. They taught all of these things to to the 2 young girls, and both achieved their potentials. While there are many similarities between Mantis and Moondragon, there are also physical and mental differences and the 2 are not interchangeable.

I think the current Moondragon is probably close to Jean in Telepathy and lesser so in Telekinesis, but closer in power levels than ever before.

The other Heather was never corrupted by the dragon of the moon. But I'm unsure if they ever faced off against each other. Maybe they did and the other Heather beat off the dragon.

And yes, 616 Heather was able to summon a dragon. But I'm not sure if this was just a tk dragon in the way other psychics summon weapons or if the power was some how related to the dragon on the moon.

The other Heather was clearly more powerful than 616 Heather. She even said she was the most powerful psychic in her universe.
    Thanks for the info.

This all makes me think that the current Heather/Moondragon might even be 3-4X more powerful than before the merge! This would be because the other Heather was more powerful herself and I think there is some Dragon of the Moon Power in 616 Heather.

Ultimate Member

Which is kinda terrifying, since 616 Heather is already crazy powerful, or at least, was, when amped up by the Dragon of the Moon.

Although, I kinda suspect that at least some of her feats were a bit oversold. (Mind controlling the entire Ba-bani planet? I suspect she might only have *directly* mind controlled their leaders to force the planetary cease-fire, and not 100% control everyone on the planet, 24/7, but, being Moondragon, she'd hardly admit that she wasn't 100% on top of everything, 'cause the only thing stronger than her psychic power is her ego!)

I am surprised that Jean and Heather have never interacted or met other than that one time during Infinity. That could have helped gauge each one.

A meeting today would be supurb as both women are at peak levels never personally reached before now (Jean at her highest levels without PF and Heather merged with the other more powerful Heather and some Dragon influence, but without the Mind Stone power).

Ultimate Member

I am surprised that Jean and Heather have never interacted or met other than that one time during Infinity. That could have helped gauge each one.

A meeting today would be supurb as both women are at peak levels never personally reached before now (Jean at her highest levels without PF and Heather merged with the other more powerful Heather and some Dragon influence, but without the Mind Stone power).
    Both of them are powerful and full of self-confidence. I could see them meeting at some cosmos-shaking event and one saying, "Everyone around us is thinking 'who is stronger?'" "Yes, I hear them also. But neither of has anything to prove to them, and it's far more relevant at this moment what we can accomplish *together.*" (Cue the two combining their powers to kick the event baddies butt!)

We also forget that Moondragon is also an expert in hand to hand fighting. She can kick the ass of most people!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

And yet, to make it a little interesting, I'd be ok if writers established that the type of psionic energies used by mutants and non-mutants worked like two magnets having the same charge -- they repel. Only for mutant and other psionically gifted folks, it's in the most excruciatingly painful way imaginable. Even to the point that they lose their powers while in one another's presence. (Let's add some more fuel to the mutant vs. human thing and have a little fun. )