Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Both of them are powerful and full of self-confidence. I could see them meeting at some cosmos-shaking event and one saying, "Everyone around us is thinking 'who is stronger?'" "Yes, I hear them also. But neither of has anything to prove to them, and it's far more relevant at this moment what we can accomplish *together.*" (Cue the two combining their powers to kick the event baddies butt!)
    I have always wanted this type of cosmic big-baddie that needed the Jean and Heather's powers to come together in order to defeat.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    We also forget that Moondragon is also an expert in hand to hand fighting. She can kick the ass of most people!
    Yes, Moondragon has all kinds of fighting--rated as a "5" of 7 by Marvel.

Jean herself has X-Men Multistyle fighting and rated as "4" of 7 by Marvel.

They make a good fighting team in all aspects!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And yet, to make it a little interesting, I'd be ok if writers established that the type of psionic energies used by mutants and non-mutants worked like two magnets having the same charge -- they repel. Only for mutant and other psionically gifted folks, it's in the most excruciatingly painful way imaginable. Even to the point that they lose their powers while in one another's presence. (Let's add some more fuel to the mutant vs. human thing and have a little fun. )
    I agree, their powers may work (slightly) differently, but I don't like the idea of their power painfully repelling each other.

We also really do not know if Moondragon is a mutant, latent mutant, mutate or "just" a human who has reached her ultimate potential.

I would rathter see these 2 finally meet and became fast friends. Jean needs a close psychic friend. And Heather needs friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yay, Moondragon!

Thanks for starting this thread, seccruz!
    You are quite welcome! Thought some love was overdue for Heather.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I agree with your post.

Moondragon is such a great character and should not be shelved.

I would love for a space story where Jean and Heather meet (again) and comapre/contrast their abilities as well as spar or even fight.
    There are parallels aplenty to be made with the relationships of Heather/Dragon of the Moon and Jean/Phoenix Force

My first exposure to MOONDRAGON was during her resurrection in SOLO AVENGERS where Heather was in the running for the most sinister toddler EVER.

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-06-2023 at 12:08 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Yes, Moondragon has all kinds of fighting--rated as a "5" of 7 by Marvel.

Jean herself has X-Men Multistyle fighting and rated as "4" of 7 by Marvel.

They make a good fighting team in all aspects!
    I would normally think that Moondragon is worlds away better at martial arts (since she's been generally shown using it more, at least in the old days), but also recall that the X-peeps can download skills willy-nilly, so every telepath can have the fighting skills and experience of Wolverine, Cyclops, Cable, etc. just by closing their eyes and wishing really hard...

I agree, their powers may work (slightly) differently, but I don't like the idea of their power painfully repelling each other.

We also really do not know if Moondragon is a mutant, latent mutant, mutate or "just" a human who has reached her ultimate potential.

I would rathter see these 2 finally meet and became fast friends. Jean needs a close psychic friend. And Heather needs friends.
    I've long wondered about Heather possibly having other genes (X, or Inhumans, or whatever) to account for the fact that her vast abilities really come from the training, mostly, then the things afters.

Even her time with the Mind stone or gem may have increased her though.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I like the idea of Heather somehow being blessed by the Dragon of the Moon with her psionic powers. That said, most humans have the aptitude for some degree of psionic abilities, so it's totally ok if her powers come from years of advanced training by adepts. It harkens back to all of the mystics who have telepathic and astral abilities after years of learning the discipline.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've long wondered about Heather possibly having other genes (X, or Inhumans, or whatever) to account for the fact that her vast abilities really come from the training, mostly, then the things afters.

Previous possessors of any of the Infinity Stones should retain some small percentage of the attributes of the stone to some degree. At least I think that's how I'd like it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would normally think that Moondragon is worlds away better at martial arts (since she's been generally shown using it more, at least in the old days), but also recall that the X-peeps can download skills willy-nilly, so every telepath can have the fighting skills and experience of Wolverine, Cyclops, Cable, etc. just by closing their eyes and wishing really hard...
    I am only stating what Marvel put out. All of the X-men, including X-woman Jean Grey has worked out from day #1. But back then, old stan lee came up with the idea that mutants were physically stronger than humans, so we didn't always see their might, because he did not want to show the superior mutants fighting those they knew were weaker then themselves.

Recnetly, Jean has slapped Nightmare and his horse, fought Cassandra Nova, slapped and belted maddie pryor twice. Don't mess with Jean, lol!

Of course, if Jean downloaded fighting techniques, she could be a "7". I think "4" is without downloading.

On the scale of 1-7, every level is quite a bit above the next. For example, a 1 could be a "0", while a 2 is the first step of ability. Heather is currently a "5" but maybe in the past when she fought more, she would have been a "6"?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Yep, we do not know and that is a good mystery.

I have always said that the usage of the Mind Gem might have improved Heather's powers, even if only a little bit, and left her with that improvement.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-06-2023 at 01:30 PM.

I like the idea of Heather somehow being blessed by the Dragon of the Moon with her psionic powers. That said, most humans have the aptitude for some degree of psionic abilities, so it's totally ok if her powers come from years of advanced training by adepts. It harkens back to all of the mystics who have telepathic and astral abilities after years of learning the discipline.
    All of the priests had their abilities achieved and taught Heather what they knew, which allowed Heather to reach her potential as Moondragon. But since Heather surpassed the priests by so much, we do not know what allowed that. The Dragon of the Moon had already known of Heather, and may have been secretly enhancing her abilities. We just do not know 100%. But it is a fun mystery not knowing. What we do know is that Heather is powerful!

MOONDRAGON costumes Appreciation

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Previous possessors of any of the Infinity Stones should retain some small percentage of the attributes of the stone to some degree. At least I think that's how I'd like it to work.
    Didn't she get her tk powers from the gem? I remember seeing a panel where Thanos mentions to Moondragon that she's "harvested" her tk powers from the gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    MOONDRAGON costumes Appreciation

Green is definitely her colour!