Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No Moondragon had TK from her training, just like her TP.

However, I am sure the Mind Gem enhanced her powers when she had it and probably a tiny bit after sshe gave it up.

Yes, that is another similarity she has in common with Jean. The 2 of them really need to team up in a new great cosmic adventure!
    I always agree with your points.
    I think the mind-gem probably restructured her mind to best use the abilities since they really expanded on what was there.
    Why wouldn't the training on Titan by Eternal types be of great enough magnitude, dietary or other supplements to create her potential?

A team up with Jean sounds great.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I always agree with your points.
    I think the mind-gem probably restructured her mind to best use the abilities since they really expanded on what was there.
    Why wouldn't the training on Titan by Eternal types be of great enough magnitude, dietary or other supplements to create her potential?

A team up with Jean sounds great.
    Oh, I did not know that, but I am pleased to hear it, my friend!

Yes, Moondragon was always shown as powerful on her own, and the Mind Gem definitely allowed her powers to expand.

I always wanted that team up to happen and I keep hoping we will get it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

However, I am sure the Mind Gem enhanced her powers when she had it and probably a tiny bit after sshe gave it up.

Yes, that is another similarity she has in common with Jean. The 2 of them really need to team up in a new great cosmic adventure!
    Ah that must have been a mistake in the infinity watch then.

I just saw an image of the page online where Thanos confronts Heather and says something along the lines of "you've always been a telepath, and now a telekinetic. What other powers have you harvested from the mind gem?"

She then proceeds to tk throw a rock at Thanos haha

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Ah that must have been a mistake in the infinity watch then.

I just saw an image of the page online where Thanos confronts Heather and says something along the lines of "you've always been a telepath, and now a telekinetic. What other powers have you harvested from the mind gem?"

She then proceeds to tk throw a rock at Thanos haha
    Lol, Heather probably wanted to show old Thanos what her TK could do to him.

But, yeah, Heather was always stated to be the TP/TK combo. I think her TK is a lot weaker than her TP. We also did not see Heather use her TK often, since she used to prefer to get in there for close-combat fighting and also do TP brain-blasts. TP brain blasts were mostly her big psionic stunt. I don't think I read all of the Infinity Watch, so not sure what she did in those issues.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Didn't she get her tk powers from the gem? I remember seeing a panel where Thanos mentions to Moondragon that she's "harvested" her tk powers from the gem.

Heather's reaction to being bestowed the Mind Gem in WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH #2 seems to suggest that she didn't have telekinetic abilities pre-gem/stone...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Heather's reaction to being bestowed the Mind Gem in WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH #2 seems to suggest that she didn't have telekinetic abilities pre-gem/stone...

Hmmnnnn! I never saw this before.

Perhaps that is why her TK nowadays is low-level, since it was not an existing power that got enhanced, but a new power granted by the Gem?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-12-2023 at 07:18 AM.

Perhaps that is why her TK nowadays is low-level, since it was not an existing power that got enhanced, but a new power granted by the Gem?
    I have little experience with Moondragon during her original run but it would seem so...or at least that was Starlin's take during INFINITY WATCH.

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-12-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Is she low level? I've never had that impression. She's not Jean or exodus by all means. But I wouldn't have called her low level?

I have little experience with Moondragon during her original run but it would seem so...or at least that was Starlin's take during INFINITY WATCH.

Ah that's the image I saw online. The one where she throws a rock at Thanos lol

Maybe Heather didn't have Teleknisis, but I do think she manifestated Pshycokinesis blasts (sort of like Vance Astro from the original GotG), in the New Defenders and other places, which is sort of an unrefined physical manifestation of mental energy. With the gem, my guess is that she learned to fine-tune this blunt ability into TK.

Peace

Is she low level? I've never had that impression. She's not Jean or exodus by all means. But I wouldn't have called her low level?
    Now, you know how much I like Heather, Kevlon. I would never say that.

Those are not my words, but what I found online when doing a recent search to solve the mystery of Moondragon's TK. I think it was the Moondragon Wiki page.

Super curious about the early identity as MADAME MACEVIL

Astonishing Member

MD was able to levitate before the Mind gem, but I don't think she ever manifested a force blast. In the past, both she and Jean Grey were able to fire psi-bolts which looked like they were physical, but were really mental attacks.

Have to say, I don't get why Gamora is the first lady of the Guardians. The only time I found her interesting was when she was written by Jim Starlin back in the 70s. I'd much rather see Moondragon on the team, but I guess with Mantis being there, she's redundant.

Now, you know how much I like Heather, Kevlon. I would never say that.

Those are not my words, but what I found online when doing a recent search to solve the mystery of Moondragon's TK. I think it was the Moondragon Wiki page.
    I know you're a big fan of Moondragon, like me

Super curious about the early identity as MADAME MACEVIL
    Was this before her past was explored?