Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Felicia almost getting herself and Peter's sister killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Felicia almost getting herself and Peter's sister killed.
    MJ is all like "Oh my God, they killed S'ym! You bastards!"

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Well, I do like how he is tying back to BC/MJ #1 during Beyond and tying up the inconsistencies here. A little exposition heavy but I guess it has to be to make up for ASM.

Also, "Betty and Veronica" of the Marvel Universe? I guess that's what they are now? Kind of made sense for Gwen and MJ, but now it's like Veronica and Criminal Veronica.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Well, I do like how he is tying back to BC/MJ #1 during Beyond and tying up the inconsistencies here. A little exposition heavy but I guess it has to be to make up for ASM.

Also, "Betty and Veronica" of the Marvel Universe? I guess that's what they are now? Kind of made sense for Gwen and MJ, but now it's like Veronica and Criminal Veronica.
    Sigh...Marvel is really trying to copy Archie aren't they?

In all seriousness, MacKay was probably under heavy editorial guidelines for this mini. And he had to do a lot of heavy lifting that ASM just failed on.

Since the last issue was solicited as the end of the first arc, hopefully the next arc, whenever it releases, will allow MacKay more creative freedom and a stronger status quo to work with than the Wells Mystery Box.

We now return to our regularly scheduled Black Cat mini guest-starring Mary Jane Watson and Sym that's a tie-in to an event that's already over .

MJ keeps whining about those kids. Which, okay, as a mom I get it, but under the circumstances and knowing what the kids represent...yeah, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

They actually addressed in the Beyond one-shot how they were both the Veronica in the context of their relationship with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We now return to our regularly scheduled Black Cat mini guest-starring Mary Jane Watson and Sym that's a tie-in to an event that's already over .

MJ keeps whining about those kids. Which, okay, as a mom I get it, but under the circumstances and knowing what the kids represent...yeah, no.
    If it makes you feel any better this mini will wrap up as ASM will be about four issues into the whole "What Did Peter Do" arc.

(What the hell happened behind the scenes that this was the schedule?)

If it makes you feel any better this mini will wrap up as ASM will be about four issues into the whole "What Did Peter Do" arc.

(What the hell happened behind the scenes that this was the schedule?)
    If they seemed smarter I'd half-assume there was something planned to come out at the end of this mini that would tie-in to that, but...

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    last we seen MJ, Felicia and Sym, they are trapped by the tentacle monster(cue jokes of I seen enough hentai to know where this is going), Felicia freed MJ and MJ screamed that she mad not because Felicia stole Peter but that she kept that info that could have saved them from the situation and MJ said she's happy for Peter and Felicia. Felicia tells MJ to tell Peter she loved him and MJ said "tell him yourself and use her powers, hit jackpot 777, turned into a being of blue fire destroyed the creature and revived a dead Sym, they reach sword and realized they better not take it out as they knew Belasco is up to know good which made Sym confess they are right, and decided not to take the sword and then as they open the gate, they confronted by a army of demons, punk girls, Hydra, who want the sword, issue ends
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    last we seen MJ, Felicia and Sym, they are trapped by the tentacle monster(cue jokes of I seen enough hentai to know where this is going), Felicia freed MJ and MJ screamed that she mad not because Felicia stole Peter but that she kept that info that could have saved them from the situation and MJ said she's happy for Peter and Felicia. Felicia tells MJ to tell Peter she loved him and MJ said "tell him yourself and use her powers, hit jackpot 777, turned into a being of blue fire destroyed the creature and revived a dead Sym, they reach sword and realized they better not take it out as they knew Belasco is up to know good which made Sym confess they are right, and decided not to take the sword and then as they open the gate, they confronted by a army of demons, punk girls, Hydra, who want the sword, issue ends
    end of spoilers
    So just like everyone predicted, spoilers:
    if the two women had been written as adult human beings who used their big people words and not as sexist catfighting over a boy stereotypes,
    end of spoilersthe wholly artificial and completely manufactured "conflict" woud have been over in issue 2.

This calls for infinite eye rolls.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 03-07-2023 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    So just like everyone predicted, spoilers:
    if the two women had been written as adult human beings who used their big people words and not as sexist catfighting over a boy stereotypes,
    end of spoilersthe wholly artificial and completely manufactured "conflict" woud have been over in issue 2.

This calls for infinite eye rolls.
    I don't care how many times she says it, Paul and those kids came out of nowhere, so I won't ever accept them as Mary Jane's family. Especially if they came out during just one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't care how many times she says it, Paul and those kids came out of nowhere, so I won't ever accept them as Mary Jane's family. Especially if they came out during just one year.
    They're probably going to leave the narrative soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    This reads like a bad X-Terminators. If only it were that fun.

Astonishing Member

They're probably going to leave the narrative soon.
    Pretty sure they are not even real.