Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Flash #794 Preview

The Flash #794 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artist: Roger Cruz

lol, these pages show Irey doing what Jai mentioned in the annual!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I genuinely like Superman even near frozen in place will go out of his way to rescue a child, even one with powers, in need.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That is lowkey one of the coolest things Superman has done. Always willing to help, no matter the odds.

Also what is Irey doing there? Its like she's kinda controlling Jai telekinetically.

Spotlight issue with a new costume debut! Those were the days!

I feel like they should've given that design a once-over though because it look way too much like a ____ Who Laughs character.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Also what is Irey doing there? Its like she's kinda controlling Jai telekinetically.
    They're tethered. Way back Wally could bring the kids along with his SF aura. When Jai lost his powers, Iris 2 started doing the same thing with him.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

I kinda love that it looks like Iris is lobbing Jai at them like a small grenade.

Incredible Member

We're going to get a costume reveal page with Iris screaming "My heart is full of THUNDER!", aren't we?

Also, unless there's something missing in the preview, the transition from "JAI!" to "Ugh/FWOOSH!" panel doesn't work at all. It crosses the line at least twice - somehow, Iris manages to throw Jai so hard he bounces off the Fourth Wall as it stands, since he's flying towards her. And what exactly did Superman grab? I thought it was the "dogs"' snouts (ugh) at first, but did they turn around or something?

Are they really going to call her Thunder and ignore Black Lightning’s daughter? I’m sure there are other names out there…
    But they did choose Surge for Jai, which was already taken by another Asian speedster at Marvel, and the terrible Burst for AU Ace, so naming is not Adams’ forté I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    We're going to get a costume reveal page with Iris screaming "My heart is full of THUNDER!", aren't we?

Also, unless there's something missing in the preview, the transition from "JAI!" to "Ugh/FWOOSH!" panel doesn't work at all. It crosses the line at least twice - somehow, Iris manages to throw Jai so hard he bounces off the Fourth Wall as it stands, since he's flying towards her. And what exactly did Superman grab? I thought it was the "dogs"' snouts (ugh) at first, but did they turn around or something?
    I thought Superman grabbed the creatures tails.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Are they really going to call her Thunder and ignore Black Lightning’s daughter? I’m sure there are other names out there…
    But they did choose Surge for Jai, which was already taken by another Asian speedster at Marvel, and the terrible Burst for AU Ace, so naming is not Adams’ forté I would say.
    Well, the Black Lightning daughters were called Thunder and Lighting, ignoring the Teen Titans that came before and Marv Wolfman also ignored the Superman villains with the same name when he created them.

So she would be the fourth person in DC Comics to be called Thunder?

I hope that's not the name for her, it's too simple and kinda boring.

Thunder heart is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

Yeah, that was a poorly executed sequence. It makes no sense unless that is a page before.

At first i thought she was bringing him to her "magnetically" kinda like Wally used to do to run fast with his kids when they were introduced, but looks like she just threw him.
    Last edited by Drako; 03-04-2023 at 06:09 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Would be funny if Adams got removed due to mediocre sales and his last arc ends up being a commercial hit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, the Black Lightning daughters were called Thunder and Lighting, ignoring the Teen Titans that came before and Marv Wolfman also ignored the Superman villains with the same name when he created them.

So she would be the fourth person in DC Comics to be called Thunder?
    Are we also ignoring the future Captain Marvel (a girl named for C.C. Beck) who was also called Thunder and was a member of the LSH?

Didn't know there was a Legionnaire version of Shazam. Makes sense that there'd be one though. If the Wizard Shazam can live from Black Adam's youth when Ancient Egypt was modern, all the way to the 1990s, then Billy inheriting his mantle as mentioned on that page would logically be able to survive to the Legion era (after all, Black Adam's origin is about 2000 years ago, Legion is only 1000 years in the future).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman