Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Surgeon General makes a case for Warning labels for social media

I saw some discussion about this on the news. It may be a good idea but implimenting it is going to be a challenge.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member

The pilot for New anti-woke cartoon series that'll only be available on Twitter/X.

The whole thing is just pro-noun and gay "jokes" plus simping for Elom Musk. And why are Larry Elder and Dave Rubin of all people doing voices? Why not get actual actors? Or at least right wing celebrities with some personality?

The pilot for New anti-woke cartoon series that'll only be available on Twitter/X.

The whole thing is just pro-noun and gay "jokes" plus simping for Elom Musk. And why are Larry Elder and Dave Rubin of all people doing voices? Why not get actual actors? Or at least right wing celebrities with some personality?
    Those guys who made this are sleeping something awful. Republicans, the party of Rip Van Winkle.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member

I started an account on Rumble to kind of get out of my bubble. I'm surprised that there aren't more official accounts there.

What's Rumble? I haven't heard of that one.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What's Rumble? I haven't heard of that one.
    It's like You Tube. The guy who started it saw it as a direct competitor to YT, but it's kind of become just "YT-lite for conservatives". I'm surprised there's not more serious news and family viewing and what not on there. There's some famous pundits but so far a lot of what's being recommended is gaming stuff. ( Maybe it'll take awhile for their algorithm to adjust to my particulars )

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

It's like You Tube. The guy who started it saw it as a direct competitor to YT, but it's kind of become just "YT-lite for conservatives". I'm surprised there's not more serious news and family viewing and what not on there. There's some famous pundits but so far a lot of what's being recommended is gaming stuff. ( Maybe it'll take awhile for their algorithm to adjust to my particulars )
    I have not been there, so I do not know a crowd, but I'm always curious when people are referred to as conservatives (something many MAGA clearly are not): What is the average rumbler trying to conserve?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I have not been there, so I do not know a crowd, but I'm always curious when people are referred to as conservatives (something many MAGA clearly are not): What is the average rumbler trying to conserve?
    Creators on YouTube, including those who aren't even political, have faced unfair censorship, demonetization, and deplatforming since the platform's inception. Sites like Rumble exist to be a free and open place for creators who wish to create without such oversight. Unfortunately it is not only populated by right-wing types, but because of those folks there is a narrative painted around it as a strictly right-wing platform like truth social or something. In actuality it is a response to YouTube's unfairness toward their creators.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Creators on YouTube, including those who aren't even political, have faced unfair censorship, demonetization, and deplatforming since the platform's inception. Sites like Rumble exist to be a free and open place for creators who wish to create without such oversight. Unfortunately it is not only populated by right-wing types, but because of those folks there is a narrative painted around it as a strictly right-wing platform like truth social or something. In actuality it is a response to YouTube's unfairness toward their creators.
    That is nice dear. But why were you quoting my question with your statement?

That is nice dear. But why were you quoting my question with your statement?
    You don't need to be sassy or condescend. My response was totally relevant to your post. We both are pondering the notion of people on the platform being referred to as conservative. I saw your question as rhetorical.
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    You don't need to be sassy or condescend. My response was totally relevant to your post. We both are pondering the notion of people on the platform being referred to as conservative. I saw your question as rhetorical.
    It was not what I asked. I did not make a "post", I asked a question. Your reply had nothing to do with what I wanted to know.

It was not what I asked. I did not make a "post", I asked a question. Your reply had nothing to do with what I wanted to know.
    That's really mean and unnecessary. I was contributing to the discussion you were opening up. As is the nature of most conversations. You made a post because we are on a forum where we post. I was engaging with the same topic you are. It's not that deep.
    They/Them

Invincible Member

I'm not sure. I imagined it would have a ton of republicans but there's less than I thought. I also would have thought corporate brands and e-celebs that wanted to reach out to a different demographic would have a greater presence as well, but I don't see as much as I would have guessed. But again, maybe it's me not having figured out how to navigate the site yet.

Invincible Member

Thinking about it though, I'm wondering if there's like licensing/exclusive rights reasons why there's not more big name content on Rumble.