Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #194 – Jordan D. White Answers X-Fan Questions… Created By ChatGPT

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/06/x-...white-chatgpt/
    Very unique questions, none really spoilery or hinting at whats next for the X-Men

ChatGPT: What are the potential consequences for the X-Men and the mutant community if Orchis succeeds in its mission?

Jordan: Their mission… to eradicate mutantkind? Death, it seems like.

AIPT: ChatGPT, can you generate a question X-Men fans may have about the upcoming “Fall of X” summer event?

ChatGPT: Will the “Fall of X” event have any lasting effects on the X-Men comics and continuity?

Jordan: Even Chatbots are asking spoiler questions. Yes, of course it will!

ChatGPT: How do you decide which X-Men characters to focus on in new storylines and events, and what kind of input do you get from the creative team and fan community?

Jordan:...I mean, look — yeah, that is a slight over-simplification. It does happen that sometimes someone will pitch a story in which six C- and D-list mutants get together for a new team… and I usually need to guide them to bringing in some heavier hitters in there. But it’s not like I am going, “No — they are lame, use my fave!” or even, “We’re looking to push Beast this quarter, so use him here.” It’s more like, “These are great characters, but we’re gonna need a few more folks guaranteed to get readers in the door. Can we talk about replacing half these characters with some more recognizable and famous ones?”

Last edited by Diammandis; 03-06-2023 at 06:14 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

She's A Lifebringer

ChatGPT: How do you decide which X-Men characters to focus on in new storylines and events, and what kind of input do you get from the creative team and fan community?

Jordan:...I mean, look — yeah, that is a slight over-simplification. It does happen that sometimes someone will pitch a story in which six C- and D-list mutants get together for a new team… and I usually need to guide them to bringing in some heavier hitters in there. But it’s not like I am going, “No — they are lame, use my fave!” or even, “We’re looking to push Beast this quarter, so use him here.” It’s more like, “These are great characters, but we’re gonna need a few more folks guaranteed to get readers in the door. Can we talk about replacing half these characters with some more recognizable and famous ones?”
    omg NOW can we put the conspiracy theories to bed please?

Those characters became famous and recognizable because they were used consistently and effectively. If you don't properly utilize the C- and D-list characters to the same degree (or forgo them in favour of characters that will supposedly guarantee "readers in the door") then they're obviously NOT going to garner the same interest or response that the characters with mass recognition do and then the cycle continues. DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    truly don't know why it was ever a conspiracy tbh. This is what else JDW had to say regarding the question.

And then it becomes a conversation — who of the bigger-name characters are they interested in? Who is available? Which stories about those obscure characters are core to the idea so we should keep them around to feature them and which can we afford to lose? Like I always say in these interviews — I am not here to put out MY X-Men, I am here to help the writers and artists do the best version of theirs they can do, and part of that involves helping make sure the book sells enough to keep going.
    She's A Lifebringer

Thanks for posting D! I’m legit scared to see what a sinisterized Jean can do. Vegetable races across the cosmos are shaking.

I’m so looking forward to the conversation about his answer to that question.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ngl, that Mystique question was pretty funny! Good job, AI overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

I'm really wondering why Gillen is focusing on these four original corrupted Council members. Do we know where Pryde and Shaw are ?
    (I really dislike these costumes and find them really unstylish).

Nightcrawlers looks again like the more interesting book.

I refuse to read a ChatGPT interview. That's a bit insulting to fans, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Those characters became famous and recognizable because they were used consistently and effectively. If you don't properly utilize the C- and D-list characters to the same degree (or forgo them in favour of characters that will supposedly guarantee "readers in the door") then they're obviously NOT going to garner the same interest or response that the characters with mass recognition do and then the cycle continues. DUH!
    I think a strong argument can be made that the Krakoa era has given a lot of less popular characters a chance to shine. We can look at the attempt they’re currently making with Escapade and it remains to be seen if she translates into sales. Half the cast of War College are obscure/new characters. So I don’t think it’s a matter of C/D characters not being given a chance but more that the heavier hitters must be included.

It’s a very difficult balance especially when fans of A list characters are unhappy with their faves’ lack of presence. I don’t envy the job of the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm really wondering why Gillen is focusing on these four original corrupted Council members. Do we know where Pryde and Shaw are ?

Yes, I think it's very insulting to fans. The last few X-Men Monday the fans seemed to have been asking spicy questions, so they're using this now.
    And this is the same Jordan D. White that said Beast is 'a character fans love to hate'. And I was like 'what?' We don't love to hate him, we just want him to be a hero again!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    He's saying there is a balance necessary to first get the book purchased, and then get the readership to fall in love with the cast. Even casual readers might gravitate toward or consider buying a title with a prominent character they recognize and love, like Storm, for example. He's of course speaking from a business stand point on this matter. Using a popular character to draw in readers and by extension (ideally) their monetary support, that popular character can usher in, and foster lesser mainstream-recognized characters and with time and TLC that character can gain prominence.

Let's call this the X-Men RED effect.
    Storm and Magneto were the "Big Names" attached to that title. And over time, Ewing introduced and developed unknowns.
    And now here we sit cheering for Craig of NASA and the Fisher King and his daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post

The good news is that at the end of the interview AIPT said ChatGPT failed lol. So hopefully they won’t do this anymore.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

What was with the Irrelevant Goofy Questions that had nothing to do with nothing? Sometimes I feel I’m wasting my time reading X-Men Monday’s.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

He's saying there is a balance necessary to first get the book purchased, and then get the readership to fall in love with the cast. Even casual readers might gravitate toward or consider buying a title with a prominent character they recognize and love, like Storm, for example. He's of course speaking from a business stand point on this matter. Using a popular character to draw in readers and by extension (ideally) their monetary support, that popular character can usher in, and foster lesser mainstream-recognized characters and with time and TLC that character can gain prominence.

Let's call this the X-Men RED effect.
    Storm and Magneto were the "Big Names" attached to that title. And over time, Ewing introduced and developed unknowns.
    And now here we sit cheering for Craig of NASA and the Fisher King and his daughters.
    Great point and the Arakkii are a great example. I mean when the Before the Fall one-shots were announced readers seemed to be most excited for the book about Apocalypse and his family. That’s pretty wild when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The good news is that at the end of the interview AIPT said ChatGPT failed lol. So hopefully they won’t do this anymore.
    They say fan questions will be back too. It was just a fun little experiment.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”