Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As far as the BEST stories:

X-23: Innocence Lost
    X-23: Target X
    Kyle/Yost New X-Men
    Kyle/Yost X-Force
    X-23 (Ongoing): The Killing Dream and Songs of the Orphan Child arcs (the first two arcs. The rest ignore important bits of continuity to force their plots to work, and also throw Hellion under a bus)
    All-New Wolverine
    Tbh I'd keep Misadventures in Babysitting. I know it's controversial, but the action is fun and the set dressing is pretty. Plus, this panel is really funny out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

It's been mentioned already but I second All-New Wolverine. It was my favorite series from the All-New, All-Different Marvel era.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the only feel good Wolverine run in existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Hell yea

I should reread Enemy of the State. I remember the art being rough, even tho Nik Virella is usually solid
    Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    It's been mentioned already but I second All-New Wolverine. It was my favorite series from the All-New, All-Different Marvel era.
    I am 100% sure that this run may be one of the only modern big TWO corporate superhero books that didn't get derailed by events, cancelled, or dropped in quality.

Marvel is poorer for letting Taylor going over to the Distinguished Competition

I'd say best 4 stories while also reading chronologically are:
    X-23 Innocence Lost
    X-23 Target X (both by her creators - Craig Kyle and Chris Yost)
    X-23 2010 series by Marjorie Liu - my favorite ongoing, her writing of Laura is simply the best, with beautiful art by Sana Takeda and Phil Noto
    All New Wolverine by Tom Taylor

Between Target X and Liu series she was in New X-Men (post decimation) and X-Force (2008 series), both are very good and interesting reads, with a bit darker theme.
    Also her issue (Issue 2) in Logan Legacy was nice read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I am 100% sure that this run may be one of the only modern big TWO corporate superhero books that didn't get derailed by events, cancelled, or dropped in quality.

Marvel is poorer for letting Taylor going over to the Distinguished Competition
    It was cancelled. The book was going to run for longer, but then Marvel brought Logan back and ended it, launching a new book under Tamaki instead.

It was cancelled. The book was going to run for longer, but then Marvel brought Logan back and ended it, launching a new book under Tamaki instead.
    I didn't know that, how long was the lead time on the cancelation because the final arc was pretty conclusive?

BANNED

I didn't know that, how long was the lead time on the cancelation because the final arc was pretty conclusive?
    The final arc was an AU that only tangentially connected to anything else in the book. Kind of hard for that to be conclusive about anything.

The final arc was an AU that only tangentially connected to anything else in the book. Kind of hard for that to be conclusive about anything.
    How so it's a potential ending for Laura and her crew?

BANNED

How so it's a potential ending for Laura and her crew?
    Because it's an AU.

Because it's an AU.
    I know but all endings are AU we'll never get an end for any corporate superheroes

The Innocence Lost and Target X miniseries (origin story), first X-23 ongoing (Liu), All-New Wolverine, and second X-23 ongoing (Tamaki). Laura was also a team member in the Childhood's End phase of New X-Men and Kyle/Yost's X-Force, which are worth reading if you're a fan of the character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

While All New Wolverine ended prematurely, it at least didn’t leave a spectacular number of plot threads dangling that no writer would ever try to follow up on. The Tamaki run at least tried to continue Orphans of X before it, too, got canned and mutants in general were no longer supposed to interact with the outside world outside the narrow confines of events. Compare that to the Liu run where the main antagonist never actually got a name and has never (and will never) shown up again.

EDIT: I also find it amusing how much people’s thoughts on ANW have improved with time. Including my own. A lot of Laura’s fans seemed to dislike it while it was ongoing because Gabby, ending most of her lingering threats, and Laura’s thoughts on everything never being well conveyed. Seems a lot of that has been forgiven with time. For me it was somewhere around Fallen Angels where I decided that ANW was pretty good, actually.
    Last edited by Persephone; 03-07-2023 at 08:52 PM.

I atill don't care for the majority of ANW and I doubt ai will ever like Gabby. Me and her will never be friends

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I atill don't care for the majority of ANW and I doubt ai will ever like Gabby. Me and her will never be friends

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    She's Scout now, so now she's obligated to care.