Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Cinematic Wonder Woman 2023

So it looks like we're getting two Wonder Woman cameos this year: one in the second Shazam movie and one in the Flash movie.

https://thedirect.com/article/gal-ga...azam-2-footage

The official Twitter account for DC's Japanese branch recently posted a new spot for Shazam! Fury of the Gods.

At around the 49-second mark, it appears that Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman can be seen pushing some sort of object into the ground before a blast of lightning is emitted from it.
    https://thedirect.com/article/gal-ga...dc-plans-photo

New Funko Pop! images have pointed to Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman potentially making an appearance in 2023's The Flash.

With DC Studios co-CEO James Gunn currently piecing together his new DCU, nothing from the original universe is safe, and it's unclear exactly which characters will be returning. Among those in peril is Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, who recently had her third solo outing canceled after a fallout between the studio and director Patty Jenkins.

Nonetheless, there have been some positive signals to indicate Gadot's Princess Diana may not be replaced. This comes as Gunn's DC Studios develops a new HBO Max prequel series telling the "origin story" of Wonder Woman's homeland of Themyscira, years before her birth.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I still can't believe we're getting Paradise Island before Diana.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

I seen that commercial before its definitely her boots are red & scene of Billy flirting

Fantastic Member

Shazam Fury Of The Gods Tv Spot | Wonder Woman Tv Spot | Thanks For Saving The World Kids

https://youtube.com/shorts/ynOGeiVG4tQ
    Last edited by HotBoy; 03-10-2023 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Shazam Fury Of The Gods Tv Spot | Wonder Woman Tv Spot | Thanks For Saving The World Kids

https://youtube.com/shorts/ynOGeiVG4tQ
    Guess this is their Hail Mary in the face of bleak box office projections, lol. It's probably too little, too late but man if they were gonna spoil it they should've just done it from day 1 and built up hype.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Gal Gadot will be missed by this Wonder Woman fan, she embodied the character to perfection. Whoever picks up the torch next will have big shoes to fill

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Gal Gadot will be missed by this Wonder Woman fan, she embodied the character to perfection. Whoever picks up the torch next will have big shoes to fill
    Agreed. I still wish we could have gotten one more film to end her trilogy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    So you're saying that Gal Gadot has big feet?

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Guess this is their Hail Mary in the face of bleak box office projections, lol. It's probably too little, too late but man if they were gonna spoil it they should've just done it from day 1 and built up hype.
    "Thanks for saving the world, kids"? I could swear she said "stick to saving the world, kid" (talking to just Billy)

Spectacular Member

Basically imo, he was asking her out, to which she replied_ Stick to saving the world kid

I watched Shazam 2 last night, and while I really enjoyed the movie, the ending is horrible. And I mean the whole ending including the pathetic and unnecessary WW cameo. I'm not saying it because of the Daddy Zeus thing, but because they take out of their pocket a deux ex machina, out of tune and very poorly executed that our heroine doesn't deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I watched Shazam 2 last night, and while I really enjoyed the movie, the ending is horrible. And I mean the whole ending including the pathetic and unnecessary WW cameo. I'm not saying it because of the Daddy Zeus thing, but because they take out of their pocket a deux ex machina, out of tune and very poorly executed that our heroine doesn't deserve.
    Ugh, Daddy Zeus is everywhere, what a great time to be a WW fan

Incredible Member

SPOILERS FOR THE SHAZAM MOVIE!

I also really didn't enjoy how WW was handled. They introduce this totally unnecessary 'Billy has the hots for Diana' subplot (As if the movie needed more of those!) and did a whole gag about him dreaming about Diana, only for it to turn out to be the Wizard on her body...which was funny for about 10 seconds. But no, they kept going with it.

Finally, Diana waltzes on at the end like a Surprise Guest! at a taping of a game show, and smugly reactivates Billy's dead body (how? I have no idea - the logic surrounding the staff's powers is pretty nonexistent) and then...gets hit on.

WE GET IT. WONDER WOMAN IS HOT. MOVE ON.

All anybody in the audience could talk about was "why didn't she help with the battle?" which is a VERY GOOD QUESTION.

...I'd foolishly assumed they'd weave Diana into the story somehow, but instead they plop her into one scene at the very end, on one set, with minimal camera work. You can tell Gal was paid for one day of shooting and that's it. In and out.

And you can also tell the only reason she's in the movie still is because they couldn't edit that scene out without heavy rewrites and reshooting with multiple actors, which would have cost more, and rendered the earlier WW cameo/dream sequence pointless as a tease for the character who's never going to appear.

So, basically, they didn't use her at all, as anything more than a male fantasy prop and a deus ex machina....and kept her only because it would have been more trouble to remove her. I do not take this as a sign that Gal is sticking around.

Amazing Member

SHAZAM 2 SPOILERS

I did not enjoy the movie. Helen Mirren was the only saving grace of the film and sadly, that includes the WW cameo at the end. I foolishly thought WW would actively be involved in the story. I kept waiting for her to show up and help with the fight. Instead, we get a poorly written scene at the end. While I realize this movie is first and foremost about the Shazam characters, it could have been an opportunity to open up potential stories with the gods in any future WW stories. Instead, we get more of the "WW is so hot" jokes and a big build up with her theme that leads to her touching a staff and walking away. If she wasn't going to join in the fight (which even with the dome plot device, still doesn't explain why she wouldn't show up at all), she could at least have had a moment where she mentors the Shazam kids.

I agree that this cameo is not a sign that Gal is sticking around. We'll have to see what they do with her in the Flash movie. (Unlike Cavill, I believe not all of her scenes were cut.) That will be the real sign. My preference would have been to reboot everything from scratch, but if Gunn gets to keep what he created, then there is no reason Gal shouldn't be able to stay as well. The first WW was vastly more successful and critically reviewed than any of his outings and WW84 is at worst on par.