Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Totally fair! Won't lie though, I would like to see you tackle a more heroic Ben Reilly , be it set in the past or after he gets set back to normal again (if he gets set back to normal, that is. )
    Careful what you wish for. The last time I got my grubby mitts on him I turned him into Jackal 2.0! :-O

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Careful what you wish for. The last time I got my grubby mitts on him I turned him into Jackal 2.0! :-O
    But then he got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I mean...yeah. But surely you wouldn't do it again right?

...right? D:

I just hope this isn't a Silk situation where you have Spidey primed in a mentor role only for the mentee to end up continually showing him up and acting abrasive towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that it's stopped them from depicting Miles as a sidekick-esque character at times, but point made.

I do remember that issue where Spidey teamed-up with Ms. Marvel which was probably one of the better issues of volume 3. I just hope it's more that and less like Spider-Verse team-ups or other recent Spidey team-ups.

They're really in a hard place for Peter and Miles because both characters, in the comics, generally operate better independently of each other.
    I think if you're going to go out of your way to put Peter and Miles in the same universe then it makes sense to do more with them and I don't think that's been given enough of a go to say definitively that they work better separately. Especially with how well ITSV and PS4 have handled them working together. It just feels like a shame that the comics insist on maintaining this weird middle ground of having them in the same universe but barely having them interact. If we want to have Peter mentor a young spider character who has been around for the last couple of years then I dont see the need to retcon in another new character when we have Miles right there.

Dan Slott has sold me on ideas that I didn't think I would like in the past so I'm willing to keep an open mind. I mean no disrespect. This is just my honest first impression as a fan who has been waiting for Marvel to do more with Peter and Miles.

the "boy" role is finally being used. Hoping Peter becomes the best mentor ever for this guy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

If Peter were to have a sidekick I would've preferred if it was Anya. The downside of adding this type of new characters is that the previous ones fade into obscurity (Julia only makes appearances during Spider-Verse stuff, it looks like Anya is going down that same road too and Kaine is nowhere to be seen). I'm curious what this Spider-Boy deal is and what makes it different enough to even be created. Now thinking about it, I kinda want to see a Spider-Family team-up book with all the 616 characters (not spider-verse related) so the previous heroes keep making appearances without being forgotten.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm getting flashbacks to the Superman sidekick Waid introduced in his World's Finest run.
    Didn't he turn out to be the younger version of Magog from Kingdom Come, which in retrospect explained Magog's motivation for killing the Joker beyond the Joker killing 93 people in one go on his last murder spree?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I'll give Spider-Boy a fair shot, the concept sounds intriguing and...to be honest...I was already getting Adjectiveless because of Mayday, Annie, MC2 Peter, Spinneret, Spider-Man 2099 and...because I am a Spider-Verse junkie. Okay, I fully admit it! I have a serious problem! I love the concept of the Spider-Verse, I can't get enough of it and I don't care who knows it!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    The character premise is that he always has been there, is extremely bad
    It’s just like Silk who was the other person the spider bite after Peter
    Using better written stories and ruined them to make a OC
    Geez, jump to conclusions much? Anytime someone definitively rejects an idea before getting any details or reads the story just tells me that they have no imagination. Or that their imagination can only come up with bad stories as they can't imagine good ones. (which is a good thing writers exist)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I'll give Spider-Boy a fair shot, the concept sounds intriguing and...to be honest...I was already getting Adjectiveless because of Mayday, Annie, MC2 Peter, Spinneret, Spider-Man 2099 and...because I am a Spider-Verse junkie. Okay, I fully admit it! I have a serious problem! I love the concept of the Spider-Verse, I can't get enough of it and I don't care who knows it!
    I blame Spider Wars, the series finale of Spider-Man TAS in the 90s, for that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I blame Spider Wars, the series finale of Spider-Man TAS in the 90s, for that.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. I do remember watching it right before I started getting into the 90's What If? comics that were about Spider-Man.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I think if you're going to go out of your way to put Peter and Miles in the same universe then it makes sense to do more with them and I don't think that's been given enough of a go to say definitively that they work better separately. Especially with how well ITSV and PS4 have handled them working together. It just feels like a shame that the comics insist on maintaining this weird middle ground of having them in the same universe but barely having them interact. If we want to have Peter mentor a young spider character who has been around for the last couple of years then I dont see the need to retcon in another new character when we have Miles right there.

Dan Slott has sold me on ideas that I didn't think I would like in the past so I'm willing to keep an open mind. I mean no disrespect. This is just my honest first impression as a fan who has been waiting for Marvel to do more with Peter and Miles.
    I mean even in ITSV and PS4 they were pretty insistent that both characters (especially Miles) had to do stuff on their own without Peter there.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Geez, jump to conclusions much? Anytime someone definitively rejects an idea before getting any details or reads the story just tells me that they have no imagination. Or that their imagination can only come up with bad stories as they can't imagine good ones. (which is a good thing writers exist)
    Volume 3 basically just broke me with this kind of stuff .

Not that it's stopped them from depicting Miles as a sidekick-esque character at times, but point made.

I do remember that issue where Spidey teamed-up with Ms. Marvel which was probably one of the better issues of volume 3. I just hope it's more that and less like Spider-Verse team-ups or other recent Spidey team-ups.

They're really in a hard place for Peter and Miles because both characters, in the comics, generally operate better independently of each other.
    I mean even in ITSV and PS4 they were pretty insistent that both characters (especially Miles) had to do stuff on their own without Peter there.

Volume 3 basically just broke me with this kind of stuff .
    That only proves to me that they can do their own individual thing but also team up. The beauty of the Tim Drake era in the 90s was that Batman and Robin could operate independently in their own books but also had a great mentor sidekick relationship. That is how I'd ideally see Peter and Miles. I just don't see the point of introducing another young Spider character when we have others that could fill this role well.

So, the big reveal -- the thing we were going to be all angry over -- is that they're going to try and give Spider-Man a Robin?

Can't stress how underwhelmed I am.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 03-31-2023 at 04:45 PM. Reason: changed mind r.e. text
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)