Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, the issue actually proved why Peter is the best Spider-Man. It's not the "Spider" what matters, but the "Man".
    Yep, loved the issue. This is kinda what I was hoping to get from the original Spider-Verse event, but better late than ever! I think Spider-Boy could be cool, but I just wish they didn’t do the time retcon thing with him. I guess we’ll just have to see how that’s handled.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Before you pre-condemn me for someone else's theory of what they think I might write in the future...

...why not wait for more stories to come out so you can see what stories I'm actually telling?
    At least wait until we see his origin, in, Edge of Spider-Verse #3, was it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Did the Spider-Verse end?

Maybe he's like SP-DR? You know, not a kid bitten by a spider, but a kid MERGED with a spider? You know, also like "We are Venom".

I don't know, seems logical to me that Marvel is willing to change things from its own history to fix its biggest "mistakes".

I mean, just take a look to the animated adaptations as an example.

- Back in the 90s TAS, the death of Gwen Stacy was still remarkable on Spider-Man's history, only they adapted it for a kid's show and with Mary Jane.

- "Spectacular Spider-Man" introduced Gwen Stacy and Captain Stacy, but we never reached a point where their deaths would be referenced.

- In "Ultimate Spider-Man" and "Marvel's Spider-Man", the classic version of Spider-Man was literally removed and instead they adapted her Spider-Gwen counterpart.

Sounds logical to me if the existence of this kid could cause in the Marvel Universe that both Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy survived, still something would be wrong with her relationship with Peter, and something around the Jackal would turn her into Spider-Gwen.
    Are they though? How far reaching will this change be? Will anyone outside a spider-man book even acknowledge it?

So Peter actually did something important?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't want to spoil it but compare to the ass beatings Peter been getting from villains in his own title. its refreshing to see him how easily and clever he took down Electro.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Did the Spider-Verse end?
    The joke\name is from Doctor Who. The end of universe it laterally at the end of the universe so....

You mean The End of Time?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean The End of Time?
    yeah the doctor literally went the the end of time which was a place

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes yes he did as he normally does
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yes yes he did as he normally does
    That's very vague especially in the context of how he's written these days but okay .

Spectacular Member

I knew the whole "big revelation" was going a disappointment, but this? THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!!

I mean, they don't stop making Peter the "youngster" hero by making him act like a teenager who is still at high school and deny him a marriage, and they come out with this?!! For Pete's Sake!!! Miles already has the title of a "sidekick" when he's not even a real "sidekick". And it goes against everything Spider-Man stands for to put in danger another kid, even one with superpowers. Spider-Man is not Batman! He has his own "spider-family", sure, but he's not a jerk who is willing to put them in danger unneccesary.

Even if it was his own kid, Spider-Man would never got a "sidekick".

Sorry to say it, but no. Change the colors, and you could see this suit is actually a mix between Miles' suit, mixed with the colors of Spider-Man's eternal suit. The pattern of the spider-legs is similar to Spider-Gwen's usual suit. And the "backpack" on the back seems like the same backpack from the Iron Spider's armor, where the waldos are kept.

By the way, the name may come from Amalgam's Spider-Boy (I miss those comics), but the looks actually reminds me "Spider-Kid", from "Fantastic Four: The End #2", where we see a kid who is apparently the son of Peter Parker. Alongside "Beetle Boy" and "Wasp", they call themselves "The Insect Squad".
    Miles was never a side kick because he always had his own book. Miles has been better written in comic's and film for years now.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least wait until we see his origin, in, Edge of Spider-Verse #3, was it?
    So his first appearance is in Spider-Man # 7, and then his first cover appearance is soon appearing in the main book but I have to buy a completely different comic for an explanation of who this guy is?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I have to say...this kind of reminded me of the final fight in Crisis on Infinite Earths with the Anti-Monitor, which isn't a bad thing, I like that fight. Peter losing Uncle Ben again totally sucks but I am really glad that Mayday found her Dad and that MJ presumably found Annie and her Peter. The art was fantastic.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-05-2023 at 04:37 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Celgress and I weren’t talking about the specific issue.

We were speaking to the idea of a pilot device that rewrites continuity as a story engine. Celgress specifies in their post the discussion is about the trope.
    Yup, I hate this trope. I hated it in Star Trek 2009 and I hate it today.

PS Keep in mind Dan I'm one of the few people who consistently and passionately defends Superior Spider-Man (as one of the greatest Spidey story arcs of all time) on this forum. So, I am open to bold new ideas but I still think retroactive timeline changes are lazy writing. The only time travel stories in sci-fi/fantasy I like are Back to the Future and the Trunks Saga in Dragon Z. I used to like the Terminator franchise until the recent movies ran that concept into the ground.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-05-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."