Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Dan Slott suggests something big is coming in Spider-Man #7

Dan Slott recently recommended fans preorder Spider-Man #7 with a secret Humberto Ramos variant cover.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1632876960387854337

The spider is slightly out of the bag.

Tonight's the Final Order Cutoff for SPIDER-MAN #7...

...so Marvel has leaked out a *tiny* bit of information about it to retailers and news outlets.

*SPOILER* - Read on at your own risk.

SPIDER-MAN #7 will be the 1st official appearance of a new character...

...an all-new hero, who we'll see more & more of in the Spider-Man side of the Marvel U.

This character already means the world to me! Can't wait for you to meet 'em!

When I started reading comics, I remember the thrill of meeting a new hero and starting with them as *they* were introduced into the MU.

For me, that was Nova.
    For other generations it's been Darkhawk, Miles Morales, or Kamala Khan.

I hope this new character might become yours!

We're still a month away until (REDACTED) shows up!
    (Tho I'm plotting out a scene w/ them *right now* in the pages of SPIDER-MAN #9!)

But tonight IS the Final Order Cutoff. So if you wanna be sure to own a copy of their 1st ever cover, please check in w/ your comic shop TONIGHT.

AHH! Last thing:

I'm SUPER-EXCITED about this!
    This was me, saying to Marvel,
    "I wanna do THIS!
    I wanna create THIS character!
    And have them run around the Marvel U!"

As long as I'm writing for Marvel, I'm gonna tell stories w/ this guy! So please start on their journey w/ me!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/06/ma...ret-superhero/

He hyped up the cover earlier on Twitter.

Also...

@Marvel
    ?

Is there a chance of us getting a POSTER of this cover?
    Because I would like to have one.
    Frame it.
    And have it lovingly up on my wall forever and ever.

Please and thank you.

(You think I'm joking, but I know-- if we do our job right-- I'm gonna be at conventions for the rest of my life signing *this* issue, and specifically *this* cover. Probably with witnesses from CGC looking on.)

The one, big downside of this cover:

Once it's out, it does spoil something inside the issue.

But it'd feel weird if we didn't have a cover featuring the (redacted) (redacted) of (redacted).

And I'm also 100% certain that many news and gossip sites will spoil it ASAFP anyway.
    He suggests that this is a card he doesn't play often.

Retailers have reached out to me on multiple social media sites to ask me if I’m serious about this.

YES. I AM.

I did this for ASM #698.

And for when there was confusion on retailer orders for ASM vs Clone Conspiracy (retailers were ordering ASM like it was the main title instead of CC, cause we weren’t clear enough in solicits).

And I’m doing it again here. Big development in SM#7.

As a Marvel creator, I am 100% committed to… what happens in SPIDER-MAN #7.
    Any guesses? I was thinking it might be a film version of Spidey, either from the MCU or the Spider-Verse film, but the way he describes it is a bit different.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spider-Stan.

The first one feels like another Alpha type situation. A new hero called Omega?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-06-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

See I saw Dan doing his showmanship on twitter and honestly did not know what to think of it. Leaving aside everything, this story has largely been in a vacuum and not acknowledged by either Peter or Miles' book. It's as if it takes place in its own universe. So, it's kind of hard to take his "this is going to have lasting ramifications and change Peter going forward" at face value when it's not actually the main book.

Maybe things will change going forward though, who knows?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spider-Stan.
    Spider -Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spider-Stan.
    Not a bad guess.

This would be a new character who immediately gets media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    See I saw Dan doing his showmanship on twitter and honestly did not know what to think of it. Leaving aside everything, this story has largely been in a vacuum and not acknowledged by either Peter or Miles' book. It's as if it takes place in its own universe. So, it's kind of hard to take his "this is going to have lasting ramifications and change Peter going forward" at face value when it's not actually the main book.

Maybe things will change going forward though, who knows?
    He does back it up by mentioning two specific times when he was correct to alert store owners.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Aged up Benjy Parker?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Pre-OMD Earth-616 Spider-Man as we saw him in The Other, hence the "new" powers.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Dan Slott recently recommended fans preorder Spider-Man #7 with a secret Humberto Ramos variant cover...Any guesses? I was thinking it might be a film version of Spidey, either from the MCU or the Spider-Verse film, but the way he describes it is a bit different.
    I'm getting flashbacks to when Marvel had the buildup to the surprise announcement that turned out to be the J.J. Abrams miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Pre-OMD Earth-616 Spider-Man as we saw him in The Other, hence the "new" powers.
    Well, that would be worth the hype.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So probably this character will only appear in Slott's book?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So probably this character will only appear in Slott's book?
    Guess that will depend on whether Slott is right on the money that the character is going to be a big deal or not long term.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

ngl, I'm getting Kal-El's supernova powers from the new 52 from this

Octavius takes control over Silk's body, Slott's dream character

Spectacular Member

yay ANOTHER spider-hero, but still no room for Ben of course!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I've always felt that SM#7 wasn't going to be the end of the Spider-Verse story and that it was likely setting up a larger story, so I'm not surprised by the announcement.

Will this be the next big thing?

I mean, ASM #698 led to one of the biggest and most important Spider-Man stories of the last decade but that was very different. It took place in ASM, which immediately makes it more important. It was then excellent hook issue and start point to the ASM#700, and a great/exciting issue in itself. But it wasn't THE issue, ASM #700 was.

The Clone Conspiracy example was just Marvel failing to promote correctly. As much as I like it, Clone Conspiracy didn't really make a massive impact going forward.

I expect it'll be important to people who value comics based on rarity (because Marvel do love putting out a rare 5th alternate cover as they've never met a shitty business practice they don't love) but I can't see how this is going to be something game changingly huge to someone who just reads the books.

I hope I'm wrong and it's something awesome!
    Last edited by exile001; 03-07-2023 at 06:05 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!