Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    As a big fan of the ''spider-verse'' concept i gotta be honest, i can't take any more ''main spiders'', for pete's sake. After Silk jumped the shark and made everybody else look cheap, i'm of the mind they should stick to bringing back spiders from the huge list of fan favorites that already exist, like Mayday, Kaine, Ultimate Pete etc. Then retire them and bring them again when ppl miss them. Whoever this new spider is i just pray that they don't stick it in 616 for whatever reason and have them be another reason for in story characters to joke about how ''there are so many spider-people running around''.

If this is just a new concept for Dan to play around with in some stand-alone book and/or eventually feature in spider-verse crossovers i'm ok with it
    I do not care who the new Spider character is. I would just like a good story and good art.

I just can't see "new character" and not think "how is this character going to show up Peter or make him look bad?"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not care who the new Spider character is. I would just like a good story and good art.
    100% agree. If this character is awesome and Slott writes awesome stuff for him/her i'll be the first to pick it up and support it, i just dont think thats really so probable, do you?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    100% agree. If this character is awesome and Slott writes awesome stuff for him/her i'll be the first to pick it up and support it, i just dont think thats really so probable, do you?
    No the other side of the coin is how long till someone else will be writing or use them in a book in the future?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just can't see "new character" and not think "how is this character going to show up Peter or make him look bad?"
    My favorite thing about the *new* CBR is how wonderfully optimistic, impartial, and supportive the... *checks notes*... MODERATORS are.

Fantastic Member

Good question, if it tanks i guess we can just pretend it never happened like alpha or mostly Silk, if not... i guess we have to wait and see what kind of character it will be and what stories would be cool to tell

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    My favorite thing about the *new* CBR is how wonderfully optimistic, impartial, and supportive the... *checks notes*... MODERATORS are.

I find it refreshing.
    People giving honest opinions rather than just singing praises no matter how good or bad a idea is.
    Maybe if more people had been honest in the last ten years, Manga would not be killing comics in sales now.

I guess it is rough when you can't just block dissenting opinions like on Twitter.

Fantastic Member

Light criticism!! My….one…..weakness

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Okay, so we know it is an all-new, all-different character with no preestablished ties to other characters who is a human male which only leaves me with one recourse! To keep throwing out ideas until I hit it big!

World War 2 Spider-Man
    Spider-Thug
    "Super" Spider-Man
    Old Man Spidey
    Spider-Fitness Trainer
    Spider-"Mozart"
    The Spectacular Spider-Mobster!
    Digital Spidey
    Teen Spidey
    Spider-Plant-Man
    Wolf Spider
    Goliath Bird Eating Spider
    Huntsman Spider
    Corporate Spidey
    Spider-Clone
    Not Brand Ecch! Spidey

I...am totally wrong on all accounts, aren't I? Oh well, guessing games are fun.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Light criticism!! My….one…..weakness
    I think it's fair to say that criticism only comes *after* someone's experienced what something *is*.

As opposed to someone presupposing how bad something *might* be.

You don't find it weird that a moderator on a fandom's board would try to tee something up for failure... when it's not even out yet?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    I guess it is rough when you can't just block dissenting opinions like on Twitter.
    Hi, Steven. What's your Twitter screen name. I'd be more than happy to unblock you if I can look at your past tweets and double check that they weren't at all rude or insulting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I think it's fair to say that criticism only comes *after* someone's experienced what something *is*.

As opposed to someone presupposing how bad something *might* be.

You don't find it weird that a moderator on a fandom's board would try to tee something up for failure... when it's not even out yet?
    Respectfully, you wrote Spider-Man for 10 years. There was a pattern in them of Spider-Man needing to be bailed out by other characters. He’s just extrapolating from his previous experience with your writing and expressing worry that it’s going contain more of something he didn’t care for in the past. If you found out Micheal Bay was going to direct a movie adapting one of your favorite comic book characters you’d be in your rights to say something like “Dang. I bet this will have more explosions than it does character development” because you’re familiar with his work and know how it tends to go.
    Whether he’s a moderator or not, nothing he said was inappropriate. He expressed worry that something that was in a lot of your previous comics would be present in this one. He wasn’t insulting. He wasn’t rude. He wasn’t offensive in any way. Just because someone becomes a moderator I don’t see how they’re forced to not express their opinion, as long as they’re not inflammatory about it. I think you’re being a little ridiculous here.

Incredible Member

Cambridge English Dictionary defines a moderator as:

Someone who controls and leads a discussion between a group of people, but does not take any side in it.

Hey Mr. Slott, is the new character related to Paper Doll in any way? If not, what steps will you do to correct this in the future? We need our girl back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hey Mr. Slott, is the new character related to Paper Doll in any way? If not, what steps will you do to correct this in the future?
    I second this question