Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spider-Stan.
    Time to dust off that old Stan2099 suit.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Time to dust off that old Stan2099 suit.
    LOL, that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spider-Stan.
    I think they already did Spider-Stan in Spider-Geddon:

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-07-2023 at 08:58 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

A Dan Slott version of Spider-Man and his horde of clones saving the day.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    LOL, that's funny.

And then they all got eaten in End of Spider-Verse . . . shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    Octavius takes control over Silk's body, Slott's dream character
    Thankfully we know nothing's happening to Cindy, as she has her own mini coming up (in which, like Gwen and Miles before her, she meets her own counterparts from the multiverse).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thankfully we know nothing's happening to Cindy, as she has her own mini coming up (in which, like Gwen and Miles before her, she meets her own counterparts from the multiverse).
    Keeping the theme going .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    LOL, that's funny.

That wasn’t actually Stan, it was a visual joke based on a gag that PS4 Spider-Man had in the game where he’d pretend to be Spider-Cop. Here, he meets a real one and feels vindicated.

Edit: Disregard that, I just spotted him in the crowd.

So his other new characters were Silk, Alpha and Superior Spider-Man. Hmmm. Well two out of three of those weren't fantastic, and SSM was not exactly original. Guess we shall see.

I'm personally hoping its Mr. Spider-Paper Negative Doll-Man! The hero New York deserves.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-08-2023 at 11:52 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    Octavius takes control over Silk's body, Slott's dream character
    I heard that Spidey got stabbed and that created an universe where Cindy perfectly took his place, or something like that, so wouldn't a Superior have happened with Cindy anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I heard that Spidey got stabbed and that created an universe where Cindy perfectly took his place, or something like that, so wouldn't a Superior have happened with Cindy anyways?
    quite possible unless Man in the Chair Peter did something to prevent it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    quite possible unless Man in the Chair Peter did something to prevent it
    If you follow the logic of the original stories, there was probably not a Superior Silk moment. Silk wouldn't have defeated Otto the same way in ASM 600 because she isn't the science-y one. She'd have either defeated him differently or Peter would have outsmarted Ock the same way, but she'd have never put on the golden helmet thing and succeeded identically to Peter in ASM 600. That changes Spider Island (which would have been changed, anyway, since there would be no Kaine), so no opportunity to use the golden helmet thing to do the mind swap between ASM 697 and 698.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    If you follow the logic of the original stories, there was probably not a Superior Silk moment. Silk wouldn't have defeated Otto the same way in ASM 600 because she isn't the science-y one. She'd have either defeated him differently or Peter would have outsmarted Ock the same way, but she'd have never put on the golden helmet thing and succeeded identically to Peter in ASM 600. That changes Spider Island (which would have been changed, anyway, since there would be no Kaine), so no opportunity to use the golden helmet thing to do the mind swap between ASM 697 and 698.
    I mean I heard that Cindy perfectly replaced Spidey, how much that makes sense is another story lol.

I mean shit Spider-Island itself couldn't happen to begin with, even if we assume that Cindy defeated Spider-Queen the same way as Spidey, Spider-Island it only reached that point because of Jackal, and Jackal would be much less likely to be a super-villain without Spidey cock blocking him from being a creep on Gwen, and hell, Gwen would probably still be alive because she wouldn't date Cindy too (Unless they became best friends, Cindy didn't get a lover, and Norman went after Gwen anyways, and that's assuming Norman would do the same things).

So basically a huge domino effect would prevent a lot of things from happening, both the good and the bad ones, but if what I heard about Cindy perfectly replacing Spidey is true, then that's the universe Slott came up with, even if it makes no sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Honestly a part of me wonders if this isn't meant to prop up Silk in time for the Amazon show.

"Look how awesome Silk is! She can do and accomplish pretty much everything Spider-Man can!"

Watch them have a Peter stand-in as her guy in the chair on the show.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, the waiting for the next issue is killing me.

I hope the next issue will stop showing Peter as a "pack of meat" without any value, and prove that what makes Spider-Man especial is not the Spider part, but the Man part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Honestly, the waiting for the next issue is killing me.

I hope the next issue will stop showing Peter as a "pack of meat" without any value, and prove that what makes Spider-Man especial is not the Spider part, but the Man part.
    But...but then how will we show off how important and awesome Silk is !?