Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

An easy way to make a character seem important: they're the AU/future timeline child of important and popular characters. I wouldn't be surprised if the new character is the child of Paper Doll, Peter, Hellion or even Osborn. Inagine how dramatic it would be if we got a Spider-Normie during the era of the Red Goblin. It actually wouldn't be that dramatic or exciting, so it might just be Leter's future kid
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    An easy way to make a character seem important: they're the AU/future timeline child of important and popular characters. I wouldn't be surprised if the new character is the child of Paper Doll, Peter, Hellion or even Osborn. Inagine how dramatic it would be if we got a Spider-Normie during the era of the Red Goblin. It actually wouldn't be that dramatic or exciting, so it might just be Leter's future kid
    Mary Jane and Paul's daughter is really a reborn Mayday that Paul somehow saved from her timeline after her Peter was severed from the "Web of Life". There you go.

I think Benjy Parker would be cool, so we can automatically discard that idea xD

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    It's been said elsewhere...

This will be the first appearance of a new character.

Also...
    I wouldn't go by that partial solicit for the 2nd SPIDER-MAN trade. Our next ARC is three issues, not the trade. SPIDER-MAN #8-#10 will be in that trade ALONG with more of Bagley & my ongoing SPIDER-MAN title.
    Hopefully it doesn't land with a thud like Chasm

Annie gets ported to the 616 universe as the new Spider-Girl ?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Hmm...I bet it is going to be Peter Palmer in a new costume or something.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Okay, new character, first appearance throws out everything I thought it might be. I still stand by my position that "Spider Uncle Ben" or "Spider Jonah Jameson (the Exciting Spider Editor)" wouldn't generate this much excitement, nor would another scion of Peter and MJ. I suppose a son of Peter and someone else *might* be interesting, but honestly, that's less interesting when Peter and MJ aren't together (one assumes that was among the things JMS was thinking about with his original pitch for Sins Past).

Is there an "Old Man Peter" character in the Spiderverse yet? Although it doesn't appeal to me that much, I could see it meeting the criteria for a big deal and a fun character for Dan to play with in future installments.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Okay, new character, first appearance throws out everything I thought it might be. I still stand by my position that "Spider Uncle Ben" or "Spider Jonah Jameson (the Exciting Spider Editor)" wouldn't generate this much excitement, nor would another scion of Peter and MJ. I suppose a son of Peter and someone else *might* be interesting, but honestly, that's less interesting when Peter and MJ aren't together (one assumes that was among the things JMS was thinking about with his original pitch for Sins Past).

Is there an "Old Man Peter" character in the Spiderverse yet? Although it doesn't appeal to me that much, I could see it meeting the criteria for a big deal and a fun character for Dan to play with in future installments.
    Another prediction. It's Ben, but a young version of him who was bit

It's May from Trouble .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

Technically, there is, if you count Spider-Man: Reign. Alas, I think he got beaten to death with Mary Jane's gravestone in the original Spider-Verse saga, one of the anthology tales.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope this isn't another attempt to build up a "Spider-Family."
    That ship sailed years ago. Certainly by the time of Spider-Verse, but you could argue it's been a thing since the 90s, when Scarlet Spider and Spider-Girl debuted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Annie gets ported to the 616 universe as the new Spider-Girl ?
    That name is vacant in 616 now that Anya has reverted to Arana. I'm actually surprised this storyline didn't introduce a new Spider-Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That ship sailed years ago. Certainly by the time of Spider-Verse, but you could argue it's been a thing since the 90s, when Scarlet Spider and Spider-Girl debuted.
    That name is vacant in 616 now that Anya has reverted to Arana. I'm actually surprised this storyline didn't introduce a new Spider-Girl.
    Yeah, but never really handled all that well.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I am pretty sure they gave the Spider-Girl title back to Mayday rather than transfer it to a new character.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I'm going with Hot Dog Vendor Guy. He's here to kick ass and spread condiments, and he's all out of condiments.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I am pretty sure they gave the Spider-Girl title back to Mayday rather than transfer it to a new character.
    part of me wants to have a daughter of Mayhem be the new Spider-Girl, but that's SUPER unlikely.