All.
    New.
    Character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    All.
    New.
    Character.
    I can't stop thinking this is actually a lie and the new character is not going to be something "new". I mean, after all the spiders I have seen through the multiverse, the only one that could surprise me is the 616's version of Mayday Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I can't stop thinking this is actually a lie and the new character is not going to be something "new". I mean, after all the spiders I have seen through the multiverse, the only one that could surprise me is the 616's version of Mayday Parker.
    Well, Slott is a known Doctor Who fan and Rule One is "The Doctor Lies"...
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, Slott is a known Doctor Who fan and Rule One is "The Doctor Lies"...
    I'm afraid I'm not fan of Doctor Who. Never saw any series or movies in my country.

Mighty Member

All.
    New.
    Character.
    Yeah. It's not the main title, they can't make huge change, it's just a new character.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member

I'm afraid I'm not fan of Doctor Who. Never saw any series or movies in my country.
    I have never seen it either. I am not into sci for unless it is action first like Independence Day or had a star I like such as Kim Basinger in My Stepmom’s An Alien

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah. It's not the main title, they can't make huge change...
    Jean DeWolff died in the pages of PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN.

Cloak & Dagger made their first appearance in PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN.

Harry Osborn died in PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN.

Miles Morales made his first appearance in ULTIMATE COMICS: FALLOUT.

Spider-Gwen made her first appearance in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE.

Spider-Ham made his first appearance in MARVEL TAILS.

Spider-Man Noir first appeared in SPIDER-MAN: NOIR.

Spider-Man revealed his secret I.D. to J. Jonah Jameson in SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN.

Major Spidey events and reveals *can* happen outside the main title.

Fantastic Member

Make fetch happen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Make fetch happen.
    If you want something to fail, the best way to accomplish that is to not try at all.

If I had that attitude, I can think of a number of things that wouldn't be out in the world right now: Mr. Negative, Screwball, Spider-Island, Horizon Labs, Max Modell, Superior Spider-Man, Anna Maria Marconi, Spider-Verse, Silk, Renew Your Vows, Red Goblin, etc.

When I came back to Marvel in 2004, I pushed hard for Squirrel Girl to be in my books. People thought I was crazy. The character had only appeared in one story, hadn't been used in 13 years, and was relegated as a joke. I repeatedly told staff and fans, "I am going to make Squirrel Girl happen." I *used* that MEAN GIRLS line on purpose. I was going to own it. Used her in every GLA mini and special I worked on. Put her in issues of THE THING and SPIDER-MAN. And within 7 years the EIC was asking Bendis to put her in Marvel's flagship title, other creators wanted to put her in regular books, and she was showing up in Marvel video games and cartoons. And, thanks to Ryan and Erica's stellar award-winning run of her book, Squirrel Girl is now a regular fixture in the Marvel U.

You can take shots. Be as snarky as you want. But I've got a pretty good track record for this kind of thing. And I'm already psyched with how much love and care my co-creators have been putting into this new character. I'm all-in for them and am going to put in the time, energy, effort, and craft to make it work for this character-- and am going to do my best to tell interesting and exciting stories with them.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 03-22-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

If you want something to fail, the best way to accomplish that is to not try at all.

If I had that attitude, I can think of a number of things that wouldn't be out in the world right now: Mr. Negative, Screwball, Spider-Island, Horizon Labs, Max Modell, Superior Spider-Man, Anna Maria Marconi, Spider-Verse, Silk, Renew Your Vows, Red Goblin, etc.

When I came back to Marvel in 2004, I pushed hard for Squirrel Girl to be in my books. People thought I was crazy. The character had only appeared in one story, hadn't been used in 13 years, and was relegated as a joke. I repeatedly told staff and fans, "I am going to make Squirrel Girl happen." I *used* that MEAN GIRLS line on purpose. I was going to own it. Used her in every GLA mini and special I worked on. Put her in issues of THE THING and SPIDER-MAN. And within 7 years the EIC was asking Bendis to put her in Marvel's flagship title, other creators wanted to put her in regular books, and she was showing up in Marvel video games and cartoons. And, thanks to Ryan and Erica's stellar award-winning run of her book, Squirrel Girl is now a regular fixture in the Marvel U.

You can take shots. Be as snarky as you want. But I've got a pretty good track record for this kind of thing. And I'm already psyched with how much love and care my co-creators have been putting into this new character. I'm all-in for them and am going to put in the time, energy, effort, and craft to make it work for this character-- and am going to do my best to tell interesting and exciting stories with them.
    Dan: There are certain characters and storylines I did not like ( but even Babe Ruth, Tom Brady and Michael Jordan messed up at times) but you certainly hit on a few. Number one might be Mr. Negative who in my humble opinion is the best Spider-Man villain this Century. Why? Not only is he a good villain but he is original. Not a variation of Otto, Norman Kraven or Electro.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-22-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Incredible Member

Dan Slott kept me reading comics, and spicifically Spider-Man comics, a lot longer than I would've otherwise.

Currently, the only books I buy, via mail-order direct from Marvel/Midtown, are the main Spider-Man book and Dan's Spier-Man book. Can't even recall the last time I picked up a "satellite" before Dan's book.

And, yep, I'm enjoying Dan's book just a bit more than the main!

Say all that to say, if Dan is on a Spider-Man book, I'm sticking along for the ride cuz I know it'll be a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Dan Slott kept me reading comics, and spicifically Spider-Man comics, a lot longer than I would've otherwise.

Currently, the only books I buy, via mail-order direct from Marvel/Midtown, are the main Spider-Man book and Dan's Spier-Man book. Can't even recall the last time I picked up a "satellite" before Dan's book.

And, yep, I'm enjoying Dan's book just a bit more than the main!

Say all that to say, if Dan is on a Spider-Man book, I'm sticking along for the ride cuz I know it'll be a good one!
    Hell yea, dude. The man's a defining voice for XXI Century Spider-Man for a reason imho

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

You mean Neil Gaiman or defalco?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have never seen it either. I am not into sci for unless it is action first like Independence Day or had a star I like such as Kim Basinger in My Stepmom’s An Alien
    I don't watch either, just a line I know came from the show. The point is, I do think it's very possible that Slott is misleading us as to the exact nature of the "big thing" in question, to make it a bigger surprise. Not saying that's a fact, but not going to rule it out either until we see what this twist actually is, big or otherwise.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

When I came back to comics in college, I bought an issue of GLA simply because of a Prodigy cameo, and I ended up loving all your GLA work, including the big push you have to Squirrel Girl! Can we get more, even if just as guest stars in another book? It's been far too long since you've written the team!

-Pav, who would buy a GLA omnibus immediately...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details