Mighty Member

Default Ever WON ANYTHING in a contest?

Lived with my sister as an 80's teen. She came home with 100 packets of washing powder she won at the local mall.

Won some classic Shaw Bros. kung fu DVDs at a local video arcade in 2007. Didn't even visit the place that much.

Won some SOLO funko-pops at the multi-plex for seeing that movie twice. Didn't even know they had a contest on...

and you?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I won Prince's Batman soundtrack on vinyl from a contest in a magazine.

When I was a child, I participated in a drawing contest about festivals and I won a vinyl 33 with a bandaged face with forks on his eyes on the cover.

More recently, I won a good purchase in a sport shop after drawing an artwork for a marathon.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Back in 2009, I won a PS3 in a raffle at work. Admittedly, I rarely played games on the machine, using it to play DVD's/Blu-Rays, and it was my first streaming device. I still have it though I haven't used it in years.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I won a couple call in contests. The first was Win a Gameboy and Mario game from a local tv station. of course after I called and was the right number caller I had to hand it over to my dad to do the legal work.

I won a couple of Creed Concert Tickets at a radio call in. I gave them to my sister as she was a huge fan.

And I won the morning show 9 90's at 9 contest. They played 9 songs from the 90s at 9am. Then you had to be the 9th caller and list the 9 songs in order for them. I won 90 bucks for the cool weekend ahead!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

I won some trades from a comic website some years ago. The contest was sorta an essay on a comic that moved you and trades they sent me were a Hellblazer, Elektra reprints, and John Byrne FF reprints.

Extraordinary Member

I technically won the Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce Tour Contest of 2011-ish, and got a free trip to San Antonio out of the deal.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I won a movie and dinner for two from a contest this one time. Took the opportunity to go on a first date with it. The movie was Fire with Fire (1986) and the dinner was at Popeyes.

Worst date ever. I learned though that it was bad to be a cheap bastard on a date.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-07-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I once won a radio which I sold to my cousin, as I already had one much smaller and didn't need another one that I wouldn't even have a space for.

I also won a Dance with Dragons book in a trivia quiz about ASoIaF. Why some people think that the best prize is a book you have to have read to win the quiz, I don't know.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I won $250 donating platelets at a blood center.