Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    The Punisher's family wasn't killed by Spidey's arch nemesis, though. Nor did he ever have a homoerotic relationship with Doc Ock.

Harley's connection to the Bat-verse runs pretty deep.
    I think you are really splitting hairs. Both character became popular after appearing multiple times in other peoples books. There is nothing wrong with that.

It is epic to see Kirkman's The Walking Dead show up in the top 10. Just epic!

I think Kirkman needs to contact someone in Hollywood to try and get an Invincible TV show or movie. That way Invincible starts to creep up the charts.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think you are really splitting hairs. Both character became popular after appearing multiple times in other peoples books. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Harley's origin (and much of her continued story) is deeply rooted in the Batman-mythos. Punisher's is not related to the Spider-Man world at all.

BANNED

DC has had one line wide event since the new 52. ( forever evil). Marvel has probably had 5 since then.
    When huge chucks of your line are divided on three properties (Bats, GL, Superman), those events there affect your bottom line almost as much as a line-wide event. And in between Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Rage of the Green Lanterns, Green of the Rage Lanterns, Superdoom of Krypton, etc etc, they had events pretty much non-stop since about a year or so after the relaunch (which basically was a line-wide event as well, they even had Pandora cameo in ever single Nu52 title).

Astonishing Member

Harley's origin (and much of her continued story) is deeply rooted in the Batman-mythos. Punisher's is not related to the Spider-Man world at all.
    LOL so what? I dont get your point? Are you saying that maybe the black cat should have a solo title because she is directly associated with spidey and her book would do as well? Maybe silver sable? Or madam web? Its Harleys own book. Its doing well. Better than anyone expected. Catwomen isnt doing as well.

Astonishing Member

When huge chucks of your line are divided on three properties (Bats, GL, Superman), those events there affect your bottom line almost as much as a line-wide event. And in between Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Rage of the Green Lanterns, Green of the Rage Lanterns, Superdoom of Krypton, etc etc, they had events pretty much non-stop since about a year or so after the relaunch (which basically was a line-wide event as well, they even had Pandora cameo in ever single Nu52 title).

I think you are incorrect. GL has inline events all the time. Most people who buy those are people who are interested in GL. Marvel and DC linewide events make the top 10. Marvel has an event as soon as the last event is over. I am sure they will have another one by the end of the year. Maybe starting next month I dont know. A marvel event crosses into multiple titles across the marvel universe thereby boosting sales that have tie ins to that event.

BANNED

LOL so what? I dont get your point? Are you saying that maybe the black cat should have a solo title because she is directly associated with spidey and her book would do as well? Maybe silver sable? Or madam web? Its Harleys own book. Its doing well. Better than anyone expected. Catwomen isnt doing as well.
    I am saying her book shouldn't really be considered a non-Batman book in the top 10 if it's pretty much a Batman spin-off.

Astonishing Member

I am saying her book shouldn't really be considered a non-Batman book in the top 10 if it's pretty much a Batman spin-off.
    Sigh ok. Not that it means anything anyway. If you want to call it a bat book be my guest. Its still selling better than any other bat book except batman. Batwing is a bat spin off. It didnt sell. Birds of prey is a bat spin off it didnt sell. This one is selling and people seem upset about it or something. Then they want to call it a bat book when other bat books have failed. Well call it a bat book. Its doing great. Every avengers book is an avengers spin off. Every book staring an x-men, Magneto, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine is an x-men spinoff. They aint selling as well.

BANNED

I hear that Palmiotti secretly buys double copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Yeah, it basically means that the book was never a big hit to begin with; just overinflated first issue retail orders.
    Which would be a shame, since the book is actually a ton of fun and very different from any other comic currently on offer from Marvel or DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Yeah, it basically means that the book was never a big hit to begin with; just overinflated first issue retail orders.
    Yeah, I remember a lot of posts on the old forum about it, essentially forcing retailers to order a lot of first issues by giving them the variants based on how many issues they buy.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Her book has nothing to do with Batman. Every promotion and solicit has been completely centered on the fact that she's Harley Quinn, not that she's a Batman character.

That's plenty of Slott
    I'd rather see how many copies were sold instead of seeing Item Code

Nothing related to Guardians of the Galaxy in the top 10 this month? July sales estimated nearly 300k copies of Rocket Raccoon issues
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 09-06-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Her book has nothing to do with Batman. Every promotion and solicit has been completely centered on the fact that she's Harley Quinn, not that she's a Batman character.
    She does not need to be associated or marketed with Batman, everyone already knows they come from the same corner of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Yeah, I remember a lot of posts on the old forum about it, essentially forcing retailers to order a lot of first issues by giving them the variants based on how many issues they buy.
    The system only sustains itself because there are collectors out there who are willing to fork over big bucks for rare covers. I worry what will happen if there is a hiccup in that market.

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    I continue to be amazed and more than a little mystified at Harley's sales, month after month.

I knew the character had a fanbase, but I always figured she was just a cult favourite.
    Harley is popular for many reasons. She's a female character, she has a great creative team, her comic is not grim dark and DC is giving the creative team a lot of leeway to do fun things. This is very different from a lot of other DC titles (and is probably the chief motivator in creating all the new books/directions come October).

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    That's plenty of Slott
    I'd rather see how many copies were sold instead of seeing Item Code

Nothing related to Guardians of the Galaxy in the top 10 this month? July sales estimated nearly 300k copies of Rocket Raccoon issues
    100k of those units were sold to Loot Crate. They did not buy the second issue. Knowing that, Rocket had a base total of 200k. Assuming Harley sells about as much as last month (76k), that means Rocket dropped off 124k units! That is massive drop!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post

100k of those units were sold to Loot Crate. They did not buy the second issue. Knowing that, Rocket had a base total of 200k. Assuming Harley sells about as much as last month (76k), that means Rocket dropped off 124k units! That is massive drop!
    If the sales for RR#2 don't show up in next month's list after all (at least partly), I predict we'll see massive re-orders from tens of thousands of Lootcrate customeros who loved the book and who'll be storming comic book stores to get the rest of the story.