Mighty Member

Default Appletv+ underrated?

I was browsing this yesterday and it's interesting to me. To me I feel like this streamer has an advantage that the other streamers don't. They can basically go all out and create anything. A couple who's not sure about their relationship and gets transported into a musical? Sure. A movie about the Tetris creator? Why not? A Will Smith slavery movie directed by Antoine Fuqua? Knock yourself out. They can make these series or movies and can take the loss and stream these movies directly because? Their trillion dollar Apple products. I'd say their closest comparison as far as content is Netflix and I think Apple+ is ahead of them as far as content creation. Plus their interface seems pretty good and gives you a big list of what's coming. So, I think they're underrated. The only disadvantage I feel is they don't have a big IP that can draw more subs which is why they fall in the cracks compared with Disney+ HBO/DISCOVERY and Paramount+. I feel like if there's going to be a merger someday I'd say get Paramount+ which has Yellowstone and Star Trek which fits nicely into their niche market.

Just a point. Paramount+ does not have Yellowstone. They have the Spin offs but they do NOT have Yellowstone. Peacock and Paramount Network (The cable channel and not the streaming channel) have Yellowstone.

As for Apple TV. I love it. Some quality shows/movies on there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I had it for two years via my cell phone plan.
    I admit to not using it too much. There were a few things, given time, I'd have watched.
    My kids got use out of the Peanuts. I watched the show SEE with Jason Mamoa. A few nature/space documentaries.
    For All Mankind and Dickinson(with Hailee Steinfeld) are the other two I would've tried. Ted Lasso had just started but not yet had any buzz. I have a few friends who rave about it now.

I don't know that its underrated so much as it is under the radar. I don't know where they advertise but I don't see it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime