Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    from there. Peter has no notable sons in comics everyone is obsessed with his daughters so give him a son. He can be the Damian Wayne to whatever Mayday/Annie nightwing
    Ahem...Peter has a son, his name is Benjy Parker. He's Maydays brother and as of the Infinity Comic is pretty much now her sidekick.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Ahem...Peter has a son, his name is Benjy Parker. He's Maydays brother and as of the Infinity Comic is pretty much now her sidekick.

yeah my idea sounds cooler
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

yeah my idea sounds cooler
    In your dreams, maybe.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

from there. Peter has no notable sons in comics everyone is obsessed with his daughters so give him a son. He can be the Damian Wayne to whatever Mayday/Annie nightwing
    All right, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Peter had 3 son's from MJ from au stories.
    Benji from Mc2,, life story and this Abraham's mini

Felicia had a kid with flash in mc2
    And Felicia's daughter with Flash really, really wanted to be Mayday's sidekick. Even took up the Scarlet Spider alias.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My instinct is that it might be better to abandon satellite books, and just have a mostly weekly Amazing Spider-Man, but the current schedule is promising.

It makes sense to have Amazing Spider-Man twice a month with a main creative team. The main issue is that Ed McGuiness and John Romita Jr have different styles, so I might aim for greater consistency with artists who pair better together. It's fine to have occasional stories with different art, but they don't seem to pair as well together as Ottley and Ramos did, or Stegman and Camuncoli.

I'd check sales on the adjectiveless Spider-Man with Slott to see if it justifies a satellite book. I'm inclined to go for it. Slott bleeds Spider-Man, seems to work well with others and having a top writer on this book makes it seem more important than a generic satellite book.

I might try for a fourth book each month with a 12-15 issue mini-series. The satellite books tend to end at that point anyway, so we might as well lean in to the curve for something meant that will be an evergreen TPB. A model for this might be Mark Millar's run of Marvel Knights Spider-Man, or Bendis' Ultimate Marvel Team-Up (which wasn't meant to be 16 issues from the beginning, but it did have a refreshing approach with new artists for each arc that could definitely be copied.)

If Wells has good plans going forward, I'd keep him on ASM. My guess is that he wants a 2-3 year run, but he won't stick around as long as Slott or JMS, especially with the schedule.

I would try to go for someone younger for the next writer. The mini-series might work as auditions.

If sales of adjectiveless and the mini-series are mediocre, I'd try to switch to a new schedule of roughly 38 issues a year. One approach would be to make it weekly with intermissions of several months. I'd aim to have three writers, with a rotating showrunner approach, to avoid the sense that one writer matters more. I might hire Paul Jenkins for evergreen standalone issues, since that's something he was quite effective at.

I explained the rotating showrunner idea a few years back. Basically, there's always one personsetting the direction of the larger storylines, with a greater awareness of issue to issue continuity. But a problem with showrunners is that savvy comics readers might start ignoring the work of other writers. So with rotating architects, there is the sense that something that isn't written by the current showrunner could still be important later, because it could seed the next guy's run, or deal with the aftermath of the previous architect's work. Let's imagine the Amazing Spider-Man writers are Dan Slott, Matt Fraction and Jason Aaron. Dan Slott's the main writer for Amazing Spider-Man #950-967. Matt Fraction writes five of the issues, and Jason Aaron writes three. Matt Fraction becomes the main writer for Amazing Spider-Man #968-984. Nick Spencer writes six of the issues, and Jason Aaron writes three. Jason Aaron then has a six issue arc from Amazing Spider-Man #985-990, paying off plot threads he had set up earlier. The main writer makes sure issue to issue continuity remains tight, that Peter Parker feels the consequences of recent events, and we don't have a Brand New Day situation in which many stories could have been told in a different order with no impact whatsoever.

As for bad guys, I think it's a good idea to have more stories where Spider-Man has new enemies, either villains he hasn't faced before (the first half-year of Brand New Day and JMS's run are examples) or villains from other titles (a feature of Stern's great run.)

However, it would also make sense to have another Gauntlet arc. I described how this could work a few years ago. Amazing Spider-Man would feature a few stories by Zeb Wells (or if you prefer- a new writer) with major villains roughing up Spider-Man as part of a larger plot. The Slott/ Bagley ongoing can tie into this, since they could easily do a tie-in story focusing on their preferred bad guy(s). If there's another ongoing monthly title, it could easily connect to this as well. Standalone 40 page stories by respected creators could be published as annuals for any ongoing Spider-Man title.
    A really impressive creative team might get a one-shot that connects to this, kinda like the Batman "One Bad Day" projects. There could be a Miles Morales connection. Maybe an A-list villain targets Miles just to make Peter feel guilty, so there could be a Miles Morales TPB connecting to it all. The story could be resolved in a crossover to make it so that it's not just an Amazing Spider-Man story. If we're going to have monthly titles, crossovers make sense as a once a year thing.

When it comes to spinoffs, Miles Morales and Venom are no-brainers. Web of Spider-Man could make sense as a team book for Spider-Man allies. I think Ben Reilly would work on a completely different team book, letting him develop his own identity. Beyond that, we get potential overexposure problems.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    If you were in charge of the Spider-Man comics, what would you like to see?
    I'd like to see Peter's life be on track and stable. Go back to being a science editor and the Bugle. He can be respected, but deal with struggling sales, taking care of employees and workers he's responsible for, dealing with personal issues, and Hellion. Also, he's with Mary-Jane; that's the sole mention you'll alot me, and I'm using it.

What type of writers and artists would you seek out?
    Me. Failing that, Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Wier.

What books would you publish?
    Amazing Spider-Man (main), Spider-Man & The X-Men, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (side-book), and some spider characters get their own books idk w/e

What approach would you take to villains?
    I'd actually like to see each villain get a 3-6 issue arc focusing largely on them as a threat. Show off how scary they can be on their own, remind people about what makes them so appealing, and add more weight to them existing. It always bugged me how people used to treat Mysterio as Sinister Six filler. Many people still don't respect the Vulture. And where is Paper Doll?

There could be a bigger villain behind the scenes, helping villains set up their plans or recruiting them after the aftermath. They'll have some big, nebulous plan that will be executed in the book's final arc. I know it's been done before, but let's have Peter and friends go through a whole boss rush with everyone he's fought in the run, showing just how far all of them have come since the run started.

Should the book connect to what's going on in the rest of the Marvel Universe?
    How often would there be guest-stars?

Putting these together. I think it'd be fun to have an issue or two between the big arcs, where Pete teams up with other heroes or address big changes. Maybe a villain might be such a big threat this time around, Spidey might need help - or maybe a villain is targeting Krakoa and Spider-Man wants to help out his friends, like Hellion.

The Amazing Friends title will have Peter team up with other heroes each issue. The X-Men book will be the same, but with mutants. The goal with these books is to highlight various characters, but also show off how they bounce off Peter. Some characters come out of this admiring him, some come out hating him. And during those down-time issues in the main book, the consequences of their meetings could be brought up when they meet up again

What would you like to see in the supporting cast?

Hellion
    What makes Hellion a good fit for a Spider-Man comics, and what are some stories you'd recommend with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like your ideas, Rift. Here's some of mine.

I would like to see Peter/Spider-Man treated with a greater modicum of respect and appreciation moving forward, as he's been around way too long, since practically the beginning of the modern Marvel Universe, for him to still be as consistently underrated and underestimated as he is in-universe. I would say that in both of his identities, though Peter preferring to keep something of a lower profile as himself and not be as "out there" as he is as Spider-Man would make sense, even if others can recognize and appreciate or respect his capabilities. With regards to that, I'd see Peter working a combination of science and contemporary online media, putting out "viral videos" where he breaks down the (super-)science behind superheroes and supervillains, demystifying them so the public will be less afraid of superheroes, insofar as how people fear what they don't understand.

Artists with a kinetic approach to art that can more than adequately depict how fast and agile Spider-Man in action can be. Writers who appreciate where the character has been, but aren't so beholden to the past that they can't come up with new ideas or at least remix old ideas in new and compelling ways.

Amazing Spider-Man, as the flagship title. Bring back Avenging Spider-Man for team-ups between the web-slinger and various other Marvel superheroes, with more recurrent team-ups involving the X-Men and the Fantastic Four based on his historical closeness or camaraderie with both teams. A new series called Legendary Spider-Man, to resolve past plot threads left hanging by previous creative teams. Those are just the Peter Parker-related books, though. Miles Morales would still have his Spider-Man solo; however, I would rename it as Spider-Man Unlimited to reflect the unlimited possibilities of him as a character and successor to Peter. Speaking of, I would bring back Tangled Web of Spider-Man for stories featuring lesser-known or less successful Spider-Heroes and test the waters for them to spin off into limited or ongoing series. That would be about it.

Spider-Man is not a joke, and neither are his villains. The only reason a good number of them aren't threats to the wider Marvel Universe is that they're often so psychotically fixated on killing Spider-Man that they disregard the other superheroes. Let's bring that into play, especially in the Avenging Spider-Man stories.

Sometimes. It should be able to stand on its own, though it can recognize that it's also part of a larger universe and occasionally comment on or address that.

Contained to Avenging Spider-Man unless it's a major event or circumstance.

Mary Jane knows, and as much as she fears for Peter, she loves him too much to stop him from being who he is, as that's who she fell in love with in the first place. Aunt May also knows, and after reading Peter the riot act for holding back the truth from her all those years, she, too, loves him too much to stop him from being who he is, as that's the kind of man she and Uncle Ben raised. J. Jonah Jameson is still a cantankerous, pompous @$$ a lot of the time, but he is also a true and loyal ally of Spider-Man ever since Spider-Man unmasked to him as Peter Parker, so I'd keep that going. Robbie Robertson isn't quite in on the secret yet, at least not openly, but at this point, it wouldn't be surprising if he did know. Flash Thompson and Randy Robertson are still around as friends and allies, too, and Flash occasionally joins Peter as (Agent) Anti-Venom, while actually being a big fan of Peter's "super-science" viral videos. Speaking of allies, Hobie Brown, the original Prowler, and currently the Hornet, brings back the Slingers as a kind of backup crew for Spider-Man should he need it, with Cardiac often providing medical assistance off the books, since he, like Spider-Man, is technically still a vigilante.
    Spider-Man Unlimited is a great title for a Miles Morales monthly. It fits his connection to the multiverse without diminishing him in any way.

I remember suggesting Legendary Spider-Man as a title years ago. I don't know if it works at the moment with Wells and Slott both on different books.

Stable job once and for all. leader of one the Avengers team
    writer would be chip artist make it Murata from One Punch-Man manga or any great current artist in Marvel
    Asm spider-man, Marvel Team-up
    give his least serious villains a chance to step up. Rise of the Shocker
    yeah considering he leads the avengers now
    one of his avengers teammates show up occasionally
    black cat due to her having his son, Jonah, Robbie, Flash, Liz no Aunt may cause she is dead
    It would be interesting to have Spider-Man and Black Cat co-parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Peter would be a scientist for a company like Horizon Labs. Working on his own projects and stuff for being Spider-Man. Stories would include both heroics by Spider-Man and Peter Parker's personal life.

If I were in charge, I would want to write it. How good that would go? I don't know. Someone who understands and appreciates Spider-Man, and a kinetic artist who has a stylish approach to comic layouts.

Amazing Spider-Man, Miles Morales: Spider-Man and Venom as ongoings. As well as a Spider-Man Team-Up 12-issue mini-series.

Depends on the Villains and the story. Most villains should be serious threats with depth and Spider-Man should take them seriously. But some Spider-Man villains are sillier and I would not mind these stories being lighter.

Sometimes. But Spider-Man and his world should be the main focus.

How often would there be guest-starrs?
    Whenever a story genuinely needs one.

I would like everyone in the main supporting cast (Including Aunt May) to know Peter is Spider-Man.
    You could write the satellite mini-series as an audition for ASM when Zeb Wells leaves.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

*I'd keep Silk and Ghost Spider as semi-ongoings (5-issue minis continuously relaunched), but encourage writers to include spider guest stars, especially Arana, Mayday, and Annie in the hopes of drumming up support for "Spider-girls"
    *ASM twice a month and Spider-man once a month - Peter works at Horizon or something similar, no serious girlfriend, depending on the writers, one book is very pro-science (Horizon experiments, thefts of Horizon equipment, conferences/conventions, and the villains are all scientists) and the other is more gang focused - whichever sections of organized crime that aren't in Daredevil are here.
    *Miles once a month, no notes
    *A monthly Spider-verse Team-up series - a mix of team-ups and new concepts
    *Split the difference between the JMD clone era or Peter David Symbiote minis and the Batman One Bad Day one shots: a series of villain-focused minis that are not set in present day. My early pitches would be asking Roger Stern to write about Kingsley between Gang War and Hobgoblin Lives or between Goblin at the Gates and his return during Big Time (or both!), JMD writing a lost Harry Osborn story, getting Phillip Kennedy Johnson to write anything he wanted, I bet Greg Rucka has a great Chameleon story in him, etc. - long lead time for any artist they want to work with, the intention is these are the TPBs we put on the shelves whenever these villains show up in the next Spider-man movie

Mix up villains amongst the various Spider-folk - Peter has MANY good villains, so let's bounce them off Cindy, Miles, Gwen, etc. and vice versa. Have them communicate back and forth about strategy (there should be a Spider text thread that appears in the books regularly)

Plenty of guest stars, very interconnected to the rest of the 616 (or whichever universe we're in), but more done as extended supporting cast.

Aunt May infrequently via FEAST or family dinners. Flash is back as Anti-Venom as a regular in ASM. I'd bring back Carlie, but maybe for Cindy or Miles as a contact in the police. Jonah would be a mainstay for both Cindy and Peter.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would be interesting to have Spider-Man and Black Cat co-parenting.
    that kid would be a very responsible thief
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

What makes Hellion a good fit for a Spider-Man comics, and what are some stories you'd recommend with the character.
    Peter was already his teacher once, and their mini together ended with them fighting crime together. There's precedence for them hanging out. Beyond that, Hellion is good at providing conflict, and he has a good, caring heart. As a recurring sidekick-type character, he could butt heads with Peter and have moments where he needs to be humbled by him. Or Hellion's perspective and strategic expertise could help Peter out - especially when dealing with mutant- or machine-related threats.

If you're asking about stories Hellion has already been in? New Mutants vol 2 (2003), New X-Men vol 2 (2004) and Spider-Man & the X-Men are the big books. The latter has Pete and Hellion meeting, and the basis of my argument comes from their dynamic in that book.

If you mean stories that I'd want to tell? Hellion could remind Peter that mutants go through different trials and issues than humans, and Pete can show him that he (Spider-Man) has his own hurdles. Hellion could side with him on many missions, but also turn against him if he thinks he's doing the right thing. For example: Peter wants to handle a trafficking ring with nuance, investigation and stealth, because they can save more people in the long run. Meanwhile, Hellion is more concerned with helping people here and now, so he wants to rush in and beat up the bad guys, even if it means they lose evidence that could lead them to more people. Both characters want to do the right thing, but one is motivated by passion instead of logic.

Basically, their dynamic would be like two bickering brothers who clash over ideals, but help each other out when the chips are down. Peter is meant to come off as an expert teacher who inspires great changes in others, to kind of contrast the loser manchild image he's been saddled with as of late. And also, Hellion makes out with Felicia.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I know I am not the most eloquent but I'll give it a shot.

I would have Peter in a stable job as a teacher at Midtown High, he would definitely be with MJ and they would have had Mayday, ASM will have a whole Mr. & Mrs. Spider-Man/Spider-Girl Silver Age-esque vibe going on, in which we will see them take civilian life head on and face whatever struggles come their way, if that makes sense. There would definitely be a lot more street level action, with a big villain arc here or there to help spice things up, maybe do an overarching subplot involving a big bad type to keep things interesting. Ben Reilly would also be back to normal and, alongside Janine, have worked hard to become a part of Peter's life again. Miles is also part of Peter's life as well, after all...those Spider-Men got to stick together in a world that is growing ever more dangerous for them to live in.

Patrick Gleason on writing and art duties with other artists (Ryan Ottley, Mark Bagley, Humberto Ramos, etc.) alternating in case he needs a break. Really anyone who understands and appreciates where Spider-Man has been while not being afraid to bring in new and exciting ideas is welcome.

Amazing Spider-Man (Main Title), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Secondary), Venom, Slingers (Team Book), Spider-Man Family (Spider-Verse Anthology)

I would like to take rogues like the Shocker and give them a major overhaul, make them deadlier than ever before, really allow them to reach their true potential as super villains and then unleash them upon our unsuspecting heroes. Make those super villain story arcs really stand out against the street level Spidey arcs and the quiet moments with his family that help break up the tension. I believe that it is equally important that Peter have a reason to both put on and take off the mask.

Slingers will do the heavy lifting in that regard, but the main focus should be on Spider-Man's little corner of the world.

Captain Universe will pop up from time to time to bring a fantastical cosmic dynamic to a very "down to Earth" book, other guest stars will mostly be contained to events or if the story requires one.

Mary Jane Watson-Parker, Mayday Parker, Ben Reilly, Janine Gdobe, Anna Watson, Black Cat, Randy Robertson, Janice Lincoln, Miles Morales, Billie Morales, Rio Morales, Jefferson Davis, Aaron Davis (Hornet), Dusk, Ricochet, Prodigy, Eddie Brock, Dylan Brock, Flash Thompson and Liz Allan. Aunt May has passed on but knew he was Spider-Man, everyone else in his supporting cast is also aware of his true identity.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-09-2023 at 11:51 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Peter was already his teacher once, and their mini together ended with them fighting crime together. There's precedence for them hanging out. Beyond that, Hellion is good at providing conflict, and he has a good, caring heart. As a recurring sidekick-type character, he could butt heads with Peter and have moments where he needs to be humbled by him. Or Hellion's perspective and strategic expertise could help Peter out - especially when dealing with mutant- or machine-related threats.

If you're asking about stories Hellion has already been in? New Mutants vol 2 (2003), New X-Men vol 2 (2004) and Spider-Man & the X-Men are the big books. The latter has Pete and Hellion meeting, and the basis of my argument comes from their dynamic in that book.

If you mean stories that I'd want to tell? Hellion could remind Peter that mutants go through different trials and issues than humans, and Pete can show him that he (Spider-Man) has his own hurdles. Hellion could side with him on many missions, but also turn against him if he thinks he's doing the right thing. For example: Peter wants to handle a trafficking ring with nuance, investigation and stealth, because they can save more people in the long run. Meanwhile, Hellion is more concerned with helping people here and now, so he wants to rush in and beat up the bad guys, even if it means they lose evidence that could lead them to more people. Both characters want to do the right thing, but one is motivated by passion instead of logic.

Basically, their dynamic would be like two bickering brothers who clash over ideals, but help each other out when the chips are down. Peter is meant to come off as an expert teacher who inspires great changes in others, to kind of contrast the loser manchild image he's been saddled with as of late. And also, Hellion makes out with Felicia.
    Sounds spectacular. Kind of like what they did (or tried to do) with Spider-Man as a recurring ally, friend, and would-be mentor for Nate Grey in the post-Age of Apocalypse X-Man comics. Would be interesting if Nate popped back in for a bit to see how things were going and found Spidey and Hellion getting along like a house on fire, though I'd hope he would take it better than Eobard Thawne did when he found Barry Allen in the present befriending and mentoring Wally West after having rejected Thawne (for being so eager to prove himself a hero and run in Barry's footsteps that he resorted to staging incidents so he could "save" people from them).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I know I am not the most eloquent but I'll give it a shot.

I would have Peter in a stable job as a teacher at Midtown High, he would definitely be with MJ and they would have had Mayday, ASM will have a whole Mr. & Mrs. Spider-Man/Spider-Girl Silver Age-esque vibe going on, in which we will see them take civilian life head on and face whatever struggles come their way, if that makes sense. There would definitely be a lot more street level action, with a big villain arc here or there to help spice things up, maybe do an overarching subplot involving a big bad type to keep things interesting. Ben Reilly would also be back to normal and, alongside Janine, have worked hard to become a part of Peter's life again. Miles is also part of Peter's life as well, after all...those Spider-Men got to stick together in a world that is growing ever more dangerous for them to live in.

Patrick Gleason on writing and art duties with other artists (Ryan Ottley, Mark Bagley, Humberto Ramos, etc.) alternating in case he needs a break. Really anyone who understands and appreciates where Spider-Man has been while not being afraid to bring in new and exciting ideas is welcome.

Amazing Spider-Man (Main Title), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Secondary), Venom, Slingers (Team Book), Spider-Man Family (Spider-Verse Anthology)

I would like to take rogues like the Shocker and give them a major overhaul, make them deadlier than ever before, really allow them to reach their true potential as super villains and then unleash them upon our unsuspecting heroes. Make those super villain story arcs really stand out against the street level Spidey arcs and the quiet moments with his family that help break up the tension. I believe that it is equally important that Peter have a reason to both put on and take off the mask.

Slingers will do the heavy lifting in that regard, but the main focus should be on Spider-Man's little corner of the world.

Captain Universe will pop up from time to time to bring a fantastical cosmic dynamic to a very "down to Earth" book, other guest stars will mostly be contained to events or if the story requires one.

Mary Jane Watson-Parker, Mayday Parker, Ben Reilly, Janine Gdobe, Anna Watson, Black Cat, Randy Robertson, Janice Lincoln, Miles Morales, Billie Morales, Rio Morales, Jefferson Davis, Aaron Davis (Hornet), Dusk, Ricochet, Prodigy, Eddie Brock, Dylan Brock, Flash Thompson and Liz Allan. Aunt May has passed on but knew he was Spider-Man, everyone else in his supporting cast is also aware of his true identity.
    Pretty solid, all things considered. Especially liking your "open door" policy for anyone who actually wants to take a shot at pushing Spider-Man forward as a character and a franchise. To go back to the Distinguished Competition for a moment, if DC can finally right the ship with Superman and The Flash (Wally West) while taking them in exciting new directions, there's no reason Marvel can't do the same with Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

One point on the supporting cast is that it seems important to have a core cast who appears relatively frequently. The best supporting cast was probably in the Lee/ Romita days, and one thing that worked was multiple connections. For example, Captain Stacy was the father of Peter's girlfriend and the best friend of Robbie Robertson. Mary Jane was the niece of Aunt May's best friend, and got to know his classmates. So it would be a good idea to focus on 6 or so core support members who are interconnected. Because of Spider-Man's history, former supporting cast members could pop up for one-off stories, if Carlie Cooper is framed for murder, or if Max Modell's husband goes missing.

I'm not familiar with Hellion as a character, so I was asking about recommendations. I'll have to check that out.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 03-10-2023 at 04:45 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Sounds spectacular.
    Thank you. I think it works because Hellion is just such a versatile and fun character.

I'm not familiar with Hellion as a character, so I was asking about recommendations. I'll have to check that out.
    You really should. One of Marvel's best characters. He has a surprising amount of depth once you look beyond his attitude - which, in itself, is hilarious. His jerk tendencies would add a lot of comedic value and bounce off of Pete's snark.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sounds spectacular. Kind of like what they did (or tried to do) with Spider-Man as a recurring ally, friend, and would-be mentor for Nate Grey in the post-Age of Apocalypse X-Man comics. Would be interesting if Nate popped back in for a bit to see how things were going and found Spidey and Hellion getting along like a house on fire, though I'd hope he would take it better than Eobard Thawne did when he found Barry Allen in the present befriending and mentoring Wally West after having rejected Thawne (for being so eager to prove himself a hero and run in Barry's footsteps that he resorted to staging incidents so he could "save" people from them).
    You fools! Giving Rift opportunities to talk about Hellion only makes him stronger and more likely to conquer this forum with Hellion talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You fools! Giving Rift opportunities to talk about Hellion only makes him stronger and more likely to conquer this forum with Hellion talks.
    GASP...you just talked about Hellion! Oh no, it's already started! We are doomed!