Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Part-Time Pen Monkey

Gotham Central while Batman is running around the city would be fine too. Just turn down the power level on a few baddies, have Bruce early in his career so he might still need a bit of police backup at times. "The Bat" is still a urban legend on the streets, not some headline making vigilante yet. Still lots of corruption in the city's police force and the mafia in addition to the random super-powered menace for Gordon and his team in the Major Crimes Unit. They can have Bats running off to deal with the bomb on the ferry, Joker toxin ready to release into the water system, random evil scheme, and the cops can still be the main people to take down the main baddie of the week. Bats still does the heavy lifting of saving the city from turning into a crater, but the cast of the show don't become second rate characters in their own show.

Sadly WB/DC seems to have this odd anti any actual live-action Batman on TV mindset.

BANNED

Looks okay. The trailer did it's job. I'll check it out mostly for the cast and if it's good, I'll stick around.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Yes like possibly seeing him without the helmet on and getting more development of the character such as a real name and background.
    That sounds like a bad idea. The beauty of the Joker is knowing less about his background, not more.

Part-Time Pen Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by xJ25x View Post
    That sounds like a bad idea. The beauty of the Joker is knowing less about his background, not more.
    Agreed for the most part. Now I'd be interested if they did something along the lines of having several different origins all presented. You could have several different actors that look similar, or even the same actor with slightly different makeups. You run arcs with the whole Joe Chill, Red Hood, etc background ideas. All are left opened ended that the guy could be headed towards the Joker route but clearly played as if they are all completely different people. Which one is actually the Joker? We have no idea. The audience can pick for themselves, or blow them all off as desired.

If this had been announced two years ago, I would be skeptical. But after seeing the success of Agents of SHIELD, I think it could work. It still bothers me that a TV show about Gotham got approved while two Wonder Woman shows didn't, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Unless Fox brings in another season of 24, it needs something to fill the action void and this could be just what it needs.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I was excited for this until I realized it was on FOX. Thirteen episodes may be all it gets.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

dwarf planet pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I was excited for this until I realized it was on FOX. Thirteen episodes may be all it gets.
    Oh, come on. Fox does not cancel shows more or faster than other networks and the only reason they cancelled genre shows is because for the longest time they were the only ones airing them in the first place.

Incredible Member

I am really looking forward to this. Count me in!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Looks okay. The trailer did it's job. I'll check it out mostly for the cast and if it's good, I'll stick around.
    Agreed. I'm ready to give the show a shot.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrStatham View Post
    But then exactly what are you supposed to do without some of the core Batman villains? There's only so many times you could do, say, a Carmine Falcone story or a Sal Maroni story. They're keeping it fresh and relatively interesting by invoking these characters without a Batman around to handle them, really.
    Maybe they could, I don't know, create some new characters.

The character I'm most intrigued by is Fish Mooney, horribly named as she is, because I don't know anything about her. I already know where everyone else ends up and I don't find their origins intriguing enough to warrant prominent features. I also hope that they keep Bruce out of the show as much as possible.

Looks good, will check it out.

dwarf planet pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Maybe they could, I don't know, create some new characters.

The character I'm most intrigued by is Fish Mooney, horribly named as she is, because I don't know anything about her. I already know where everyone else ends up and I don't find their origins intriguing enough to warrant prominent features. I also hope that they keep Bruce out of the show as much as possible.
    You know what they should do? Kill off Bruce! Batman will never appear in this show unless it runs for more than a decade or does a big time jump, so just put a bullet in his head to get him out of the way. Let this be an alternate universe, if there will never be a Batman the writers don't have to bother with preserving the Batman rogues for when he actually shows up.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Okay, first off, really with that soundtrack? Really? It feels like it's reaching self-parody levels.

Overall, it looks okay, though I'm hesitant on the inclusion of Poison Ivy. Riddler and Penguin are fine, but I don't really want to see the more exotic villains. The inclusion of Bruce and Selina seems a bit unnecessary to me. I mean, I thought they were going to be very rare guest appearances, but it doesn't seem like that's the case. I like the concept of using Selina, at the very least, but I was hoping for more of a pickpocket, or mugger. A young Selina wearing the leather fetish outfit looks wrong.

I thought they'd include Harvey Dent as a supporting character like Lex in Smallville. Like, build up the friendship between him and Gordon with a bunch of heartwarming moments, and make the two seem like they think they're gonna be bestest friends for eva before stomping the relationship into the ground

Calling it now, if it doesn't have a time skip, the show, or at least a season, will end with Bruce leaving Gotham. Also, while stupid, I can just picture a Smallville-sequence series finale where Gordon emerges with a moustache in the last episode
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 05-06-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Looks very good and should have a little something for everyone.Really loved that Crime Alley scene.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Hopefully the storylines are well put together enough that it lasts longer than one season. It is a little hard for me to see gordon without a mustache and glasses, but I'll get used to it.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online