Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Trailer is better than I thought it was going to be so that's good at least. Hopefully it works out even better when the actual episodes start to air.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Yes like possibly seeing him without the helmet on and getting more development of the character such as a real name and background.
    no. no no no no no. no.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this concept. But the grief in young Bruce's scream as his parent laid at his feet broke my heart.

BANNED

The Crime Alley scene always looks wrong without the pearls falling from the broken necklace. That always seems so powerful, with Bruce on his knees after the shooting, surrounded by red blood and white pearls. The rest of the trailer looks damn good, though. I hope the keep the part where Gordon is a transfer from Chicago, and not be Gotham born.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The Crime Alley scene always looks wrong without the pearls falling from the broken necklace. That always seems so powerful, with Bruce on his knees after the shooting, surrounded by red blood and white pearls. The rest of the trailer looks damn good, though. I hope the keep the part where Gordon is a transfer from Chicago, and not be Gotham born.
    Yes! I have always wanted to see more story/flashbacks/etc to Gordon's time in Chicago and how it changed/defined him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Just saw the trailer during 24 live another day. I didn't realise Pamela Isley was going to be in this.
    Well, according to the pilot script that was talked about a while ago, she's actually called Ivy. I really, really hope they rectified that before shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham_Lord View Post
    Gotham Central while Batman is running around the city would be fine too. Just turn down the power level on a few baddies, have Bruce early in his career so he might still need a bit of police backup at times. "The Bat" is still a urban legend on the streets, not some headline making vigilante yet. Still lots of corruption in the city's police force and the mafia in addition to the random super-powered menace for Gordon and his team in the Major Crimes Unit. They can have Bats running off to deal with the bomb on the ferry, Joker toxin ready to release into the water system, random evil scheme, and the cops can still be the main people to take down the main baddie of the week. Bats still does the heavy lifting of saving the city from turning into a crater, but the cast of the show don't become second rate characters in their own show.

Sadly WB/DC seems to have this odd anti any actual live-action Batman on TV mindset.
    This. This. This! I'd want this so damn much! The show they're doing however? It has potential (albeit not as much as the above would have) but looks like a minefield just waiting to blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agreed on both accounts.

This looks so good.

Spectacular Member

Looks really good! Gordon needs a mustache.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Alright, I finally saw the extended trailer on YouTube. It looks good. Not sure why people are freaked out Pamela Isley is in it since she had a life before Poison Ivy and it could be interesting (since she too is a child). I'm curious what background they go with or if they add in their own as media adaptions have made changes that carry over (Dini/Timm's Mr Freeze for instance.)

I hope the keep the part where Gordon is a transfer from Chicago, and not be Gotham born.
    I thought I read he's was going back to Gotham. I think they did say he's a new recruit though, so not sure he's transferring while on the force.

Wiki says they will have Renee Montoya on the show, wonder how old she will be?
    As for Joker, to me what would be cool is doing all the Joker back stories as characters. Have a comedian that looks like the flashback in Alan Moore story, maybe have a criminal who's the Red Hood, and maybe have a Jack Napier as a part of Mooney's crime gang. That way nobody know's who will be Joker.

Skandranon

Ugh, I hope the baby bat-villains are kept to a minimum.

Not once in my life have I ever wondered what Pamela Isley was like in 3rd grade, and I don't find myself caring now. I'ts all gonna be broken homes and absent parents and abuse with zero resolution.
    I mean, what's the payoff? Unless there's a timeskip, we'll never get to see them become villains, so what we have is a bunch of kids becoming resentful and evil, which is basically any random teen angst drama.
    What's baby Bruce gonna do? this is before training so he's not gonna beat up anything, and he's like 10, so all that's really gonna happen is him sitting around being morose.

The only one I have hopes for is young Penguin, who i can actually see some decent development arising out of.

Very curious about how they will age Bruce in this series. If by season say...4 he becomes Batman I think that could be the coolest progression of a TV show ever.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Alright, I finally saw the extended trailer on YouTube. It looks good. Not sure why people are freaked out Pamela Isley is in it since she had a life before Poison Ivy and it could be interesting (since she too is a child). I'm curious what background they go with or if they add in their own as media adaptions have made changes that carry over (Dini/Timm's Mr Freeze for instance.)

I thought I read he's was going back to Gotham. I think they did say he's a new recruit though, so not sure he's transferring while on the force.

Wiki says they will have Renee Montoya on the show, wonder how old she will be?
    As for Joker, to me what would be cool is doing all the Joker back stories as characters. Have a comedian that looks like the flashback in Alan Moore story, maybe have a criminal who's the Red Hood, and maybe have a Jack Napier as a part of Mooney's crime gang. That way nobody know's who will be Joker.
    I'm not freaked out about it I just wasn't aware until the trailer that she was a part of this. I like the idea of multiple Joker histories being explored.

Penguin has me the most excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Very curious about how they will age Bruce in this series. If by season say...4 he becomes Batman I think that could be the coolest progression of a TV show ever.
    He's like eleven when this starts. Maybe 14. So by season four he would be 15-18.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    He's like eleven when this starts. Maybe 14. So by season four he would be 15-18.
    Unless they jump ahead 2 years like say in Mad Men. Either way I'd be more intrigued if we see Batman age instead of what it appears to be doing which is just focusing on Gordon.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Unless they jump ahead 2 years like say in Mad Men. Either way I'd be more intrigued if we see Batman age instead of what it appears to be doing which is just focusing on Gordon.
    It's not about batman though. It's about Gordon.