Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Wow you guys have made up some great teams. This one is tough for me as I am a big fan like you all.

Gotta have Sand in my team no matter what.

So I will start there and get back to ya.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Id read both these projects for sure.
    Character driven stories like this beat the hell out of unending cosmic crises.
    Both are retool of other projects. The Superfriends plot was called "Forgotten Heroes" and dealt with the Superfriends being forgotten by the DCU. So that would probably the angle for this one.

Both are the side effects of the crises so don't worry I got both angles covered.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Both are retool of other projects. The Superfriends plot was called "Forgotten Heroes" and dealt with the Superfriends being forgotten by the DCU. So that would probably the angle for this one.

Both are the side effects of the crises so don't worry I got both angles covered.
    ^^^LOL! Stop toying w. us’

This is JSA adjacent, an infinity Inc. line up using the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans formula; 4 returning/3 new members.

I juggled the individual character archetypes, but kept it four guys three gals.
    SKYMAN (Robin)
    Well, it was gonna be either Skyman or Silver Scarab as my team leader, and I never liked Hector Hall as SS (he was awesome as Dr. Fate). Anyway, Dick Grayson was the original sidekick, and Sylvester Pemberton (as far as I know) was the original kid hero w. an adult sidekick. So there’s an odd synergy there.

FURY (Wonder Girl)
    Lyta Trevor’s history is easily as convoluted as Donna Troy’s, and both are Warrior women w. Amazonian ties. This look for Lyta is really cool, so going w. that one.

OBSIDIAN (Raven)
    Both are spooky characters who constantly fight to keep their dark natures in check. Speaking of dark, both weild darkness, move through/teleport through shadows, and can draw ppl into their billowy capes to put a hurting on them.

JADE (Starfire)
    Green skin instead of gold, space connections, and both women can be passionate and fierce by turns. Jade blasts away w. emerald energy instead of starbolts.

My “new” characters aren’t new of course, but they were never part of Infinity Inc. and fit the remaining archetypes I need.
    JUDY GARRICK (Kid Flash)
    A brand new character, but she’s exactly what I needed; a young female speedster (who’s not Jesse Quick) w. ties to the JSA.

TOMCAT (Changeling)
    Tomcat’s the team’s young, often snarky comedy relief, and an animal shapeshifter.

CITIZEN STEEL (Cyborg)
    He doesn’t have a mechanical skeletal structure like his grandfather and uncle before him, but the liquid metal that accidentally infused Nate Haywood’s body has made him incredibly dense, and so unbelievably strong he has to wear a high tech skin suit to keep him from destroying everything (and everyone) he touches.

^^^LOL! Stop toying w. us’
    Just spitballing here but glad to know I'll have a fan if DC let's me do an Earth 2 Imprint.
    This is JSA adjacent, an infinity Inc. line up using the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans formula; 4 returning/3 new members.

I juggled the individual character archetypes, but kept it four guys three gals.
    SKYMAN (Robin)
    Well, it was gonna be either Skyman or Silver Scarab as my team leader, and I never liked Hector Hall as SS (he was awesome as Dr. Fate). Anyway, Dick Grayson was the original sidekick, and Sylvester Pemberton (as far as I know) was the original kid hero w. an adult sidekick. So there’s an odd synergy there.

FURY (Wonder Girl)
    Lyta Trevor’s history is easily as convoluted as Donna Troy’s, and both are Warrior women w. Amazonian ties. This look for Lyta is really cool, so going w. that one.

OBSIDIAN (Raven)
    Both are spooky characters who constantly fight to keep their dark natures in check. Speaking of dark, both weild darkness, move through/teleport through shadows, and can draw ppl into their billowy capes to put a hurting on them.

JADE (Starfire)
    Green skin instead of gold, space connections, and both women can be passionate and fierce by turns. Jade blasts away w. emerald energy instead of starbolts.

My “new” characters aren’t new of course, but they were never part of Infinity Inc. and fit the remaining archetypes I need.
    JUDY GARRICK (Kid Flash)
    A brand new character, but she’s exactly what I needed; a young female speedster (who’s not Jesse Quick) w. ties to the JSA.

TOMCAT (Changeling)
    Tomcat’s the team’s young, often snarky comedy relief, and an animal shapeshifter.

CITIZEN STEEL (Cyborg)
    He doesn’t have a mechanical skeletal structure like his grandfather and uncle before him, but the liquid metal that accidentally infused Nate Haywood’s body has made him incredibly dense, and so unbelievably strong he has to wear a high tech skin suit to keep him from destroying everything (and everyone) he touches.
    Cool choices.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-14-2023 at 09:46 PM.

Just spitballing here but glad to know I'll have a fan if DC let's me do an Earth 2 Imprint.
    ^^^its only a matter of time!

Cool choices.
    ^^^It got me through the afternoon!

^^^its only a matter of time!

^^^It got me through the afternoon!
    Hopefully you're right.

I'd probably have a Young All-stars book as a government run super team of young heroes focusing on Stargirl and friends. So they would be foils to Infinity Inc who are older heroes going their own way. Their differences are more akin to being a teen and being a 20 something.

There are some conflicts as Courtney is dissapointed by Skyman and Tomcat is ignorant of wildcat's legacy which pisses Yolanda off. But it's meant to be a lighter book than the other entries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-15-2023 at 03:05 PM.

^^^THAT is good!!!

I'd probably have a team titled Vanguard. They are a covert ops team of Fortune, Guardian, Ragman and Brainwave Jr. They are a covert ops team of heroes for the government and do behind the scenes jobs the other heroes can't get involved in.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-18-2023 at 08:50 PM.

Thinking about I want to make some alterations to the line-ups.

Golden Age Earth Prime would be Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Flash (Jay Garrick), Wonder Woman (Hippolyta, Sue me I liked the idea), Hawkman (Carter Hall), Hawkgirl (Sheira Sanders), Sandman (Wesley Dodds), Black Canary (Dinah Drake), Atom (Al Pratt), Red Tornado (Android, interesting idea from YJ), Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson), Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloane), Wildcat (Ted Grant), Starman (Ted Knight), Dr. Mid-Nite (Charles McNider), Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester Pemberton), Spectre (Jim Corrigan), & Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt.

WWII Earth-2 Same as Golden Age Earth Prime with Diana replacing Hippolyta, also replacing Red Tornado with Robot-Man & add Kal-L's Superman and Bruce's Batman.

Earth-2 Justice Society Infinity Members: Superman (Kal-L), Powergirl (Kara/Karen Starr), Huntress (Helena Wayne), Robin (Dick Grayson), Boom (Judy Garrick), Jade, Obsidian, Nuklon/Atom II (Al Rothstein), Fury (Lyta Trevor), Dr. Fate (Hector Hall), Dr. Midnight (Beth Chapel), Wildcat (Yolanda Montez), Hourman (Rick Tyler), Starman (Sylvester Pemberton instead of calling him "Skyman"), Northwind, & Brainwave (Henry King Jr.).

Modern Day JSA Earth Prime Members: Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt), Sand (Sandy Hawkins), Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders), Wildcat (Thomas Bronson), Jade, Ion/White Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Cyclone, Jesse Quick, Dr. Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross), Atom-Smasher (Al Rothstein), Shazam (Billy Batson), Hourman (Android Matthew Tyler), Citizen Steel (Nathan Heywood), Stargirl and Stripes, Jakeem Thunder and Thunderbolt, & Dr. Fate (Either Khalid Nassour or Khalid Ben-Hassin, but definitely Ben-Hassin's Costume).

All-Stars JSA Covert Team that doesn't care about Borders or Legalities: Amazing Man (Markus Clay), Spectre (Crispus Allen), Damage, Judo-Master (Sonia Sato), Mr. America (Jeffrey Graves), King Chimera, Anna Fortune, & Red Beetle (Sara Butters).

Modern Day JSA Earth Prime Reservist: Black Canary (Dinah Lance, Member of Justice League) & Hawkman (Katar Hol, Reincarnated Carter Hall Justice League Member).

Modern Day JSA Advisory Board: Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Flash (Jay Garrick), & Wildcat (Ted Grant).

Prime Earth Modern Day JSA Allied Teams with WWII Connections

Prime Earth Modern Day Freedom Fighters (Who WWII Incarnation fought alongside original JSA with All-Star Squadron & Young All-Stars): Uncle Sam, Phantom Lady (Delilah Tyler), Ray (Ray Terrill), Human Bomb (Roy Lincoln), Miss America (Joan Dale), Black Condor (John Trujillo), Red Bee (Jenna Raliegh), & Dollman (Dane Maxwell).

Seven Soldiers of Victory (Brought together for special missions): Shining Knight (Justin Arthur) and Winged Victory, Crimson Avenger (Jill Carlyle), Arsenal (Roy Harper), Bulleteer (Alix Harrower), Vigilante (Adrian Chase), Spy Smasher (Katrina Armstrong), & Starman (Jack Knight).
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-19-2023 at 09:11 AM.