Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have a weird feeling one of my choices is gonna get me a look.

Jade
    Obsidian
    Atomsmasher
    Powergirl
    Stargirl
    Damage
    Cyclone
    Khalid Nassour
    Judy Garrick
    Yolanda Wildcat
    Beth Dr. Mid-nite
    Jessie Quick
    Rick Hourman
    Jakeem Thunder

And finally, Kyle Rayner green lantern. So I wanted an all legacy JSA but I’ve kind of always thought about Alan and Jay’s mentorship relationship and I thought what if Alan went to Kyle to replace him as Green Lantern of the JSA?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Jade
    Obsidian
    Atomsmasher
    Powergirl
    Stargirl
    Damage
    Cyclone
    Khalid Nassour
    Judy Garrick
    Yolanda Wildcat
    Beth Dr. Mid-nite
    Jessie Quick
    Rick Hourman
    Jakeem Thunder

And finally, Kyle Rayner green lantern. So I wanted an all legacy JSA but I’ve kind of always thought about Alan and Jay’s mentorship relationship and I thought what if Alan went to Kyle to replace him as Green Lantern of the JSA?
    Not a bad list with a new generation. Power Girl being the only 'old-timer' and the rest are all the youth movement.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Not a bad list with a new generation. Power Girl being the only 'old-timer' and the rest are all the youth movement.
    I view Powergirl with the Infinity Inc generation not really the old guard.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Kyle Rayner green lantern. So I wanted an all legacy JSA but I’ve kind of always thought about Alan and Jay’s mentorship relationship and I thought what if Alan went to Kyle to replace him as Green Lantern of the JSA?
    ^^^Personally I’d love this, as Kyle’s status is completely screwed up considering he upheld the GL legacy for YEARS.

Kyle and Alan’s interactions during those years always seemed like it was leaning into your direction, too.

Kyle being folded into Alan Scott’s/the JSA’s world would give him a new lease on life AND the respect he deserves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Personally I’d love this, as Kyle’s status is completely screwed up considering he upheld the GL legacy for YEARS.

Kyle and Alan’s interactions during those years always seemed like it was leaning into your direction, too.

Kyle being folded into Alan Scott’s/the JSA’s world would give him a new lease on life AND the respect he deserves.
    If Kyle Rayner had managed to put together a group of GLs before REBIRTH (his best moment being post-Emerald Knights), then he would have my respect. As it was, I consider John Stewart in the JL cartoon to have been the real torchbearer for the GL Corps. And Kyle cozying up with Alan always felt like missed opportunities for Scott's true successor, his daughter Jade.

^^^Eh, agree to disagree; it’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    These days, Brainwave Jr. would be redundant, what with PG now sporting those powers as well as her own.
    Yeah. Replace him with Hourman - how does it make sense for Jesse to be there without her husband?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I always thought what would be a fun storyline would be a JSA book through the ages.

You start with the JSA in the 1940s. The storyline would go about 25 issues or so, perhaps more or less, nothing set in stone. Then we would jump ahead 10 years. Have another storyline. Continue to do that until you reach modern time. So you would have the children of children of superheroes.

I would do my best to avoid falling for tropes, Captain Nazi being the surprise villain for every storyline would get old fast. As would subverting expectations. The happy couple get married and then jump 10 years and it turns out during that time they got a divorce and married other people only to decide they belong together again.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Mr. Terrific as team leader and resident smart guy.

Dr. Midnite is pretty smart, too. She can blind opponents w. Blackout Bombs and move among them unseen.

Amazing Man can attain a Rocky exterior (or any other kind) thanks to his matter absorption power.

Jakeem Thunder’s the young hero who activates his power w. a signature exclamation of “SO COOL”!

I was fond of Helena's team of villians and villian's kids trying to turn over a new leaf.

So I'd set a spinoff around them called "JSA Rebels".

Helena Wayne, Mist (Kyle Knight), Tigress II (Artemis Crock), Icicle, Harlequin II and Solomon Grundy.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Carte Blanche, you say?

Superman: Been around since 1938. Basically the Earth 2 version except he stopped aging in his mid fifties.

Power Girl: Superman's cousin. Came to Earth in the mid-seventies.

Green Lantern: Alan Scott. His ring has kept him from aging.

Flash 1: Jay Garrick. Access to the speed force has slowed his aging down to a crawl.

Hawkman and Hawkwoman: Thanagarians. They age much slower than humans.

Huntress: Granddaughter of the Batman. Catwoman is her grandmother. Her mother never wanted her to know who her biological grandparents were.

Hourman

Stargirl

Jesse Quick

Wildcat: Yolanda Montez

Sandy

Cyclone

Fury: Wonder Woman's daughter taking over for her mother who retired.

Atom Smasher

Dr. Fate

Dr, Midnight

Nightwing: Dick Grayson's grandson.

Mr. Terrific

Amazing Man: Grandson of the original

Jade & Obsidian: Due to their parentage, their aging also stopped the moment their powers developed.

Silver Scarab: Son of the Hawks. Due to his Thanagarian DNA, he also ages much slower than humans. Engaged to Fury.

Jakeem Thunder.

Flash 2: Barry Allen. Successor to the original.

Red Tornado: Lois Lane's brain implanted into a robot so she could live forever.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was fond of Helena's team of villians and villian's kids trying to turn over a new leaf.

So I'd set a spinoff around them called "JSA Rebels".

Helena Wayne, Mist (Kyle Knight), Tigress II (Artemis Crock), Icicle, Harlequin II and Solomon Grundy.
    ^^^Loooooove it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Replace him with Hourman - how does it make sense for Jesse to be there without her husband?
    I figured on a seven-man baseline. If expanded to 14 then Jesse's hubbie would definitely be included, but I felt Brainwave's telepathy and telekinesis were better-needed variety. Let's see...

POWER GIRL (Burgeoning leader)
    BLUE BEETLE (Ted Kord bringing a new but Golden Age namesake to the Society)
    AMAZING-MAN (Will Everett III from Extreme Justice)
    MANHUNTER (An all-new operative/spook)
    JADE
    LIBERTY BELLE (Jesse Chambers bringing both her parents' abilities to bear)
    BRAINWAVE JR.

MR. TERRIFIC (Secondary leader)
    SANDMAN (Sandy Hawkins with his expanded powers)
    STARWOMAN (of the 801st century who died exiling Solaris)
    HOURMAN (Rick Tyler)
    DR. MIDNIGHT (Beth Chapel)
    WILDCAT (Yolanda Montez)
    HAWKWOMAN (Shayera Thal as the Thanagarian reincarnation of Earthwoman Shiera Sanders)
    Last edited by bat22; 03-09-2023 at 09:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I view Powergirl with the Infinity Inc generation not really the old guard.
    She was around long before Infinity Inc. I think she showed up in the late 1970s.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 03-10-2023 at 07:41 AM.