Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I feel the same as you, I would give the issue 2.5 stars. The twist with nightmare was good.
    And once again Duggan writing Emma in an x-men issue, SHOCKING. Give the man a team with Emma, he just love to write her.
    I know, right? How dare he use relevant characters as guest stars in the flagship X-Men book, and tie up loose ends from other X-related storylines!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Agreed. To me, there are pretty clear differences: Fisk has no reason to have loyalty to mutants or benefit Krakoa. Fisk isn't a mutant himself so his amenity would not fulfill the original point from HoXPoX, which is that it's unfair tu judge people for what they did under human rule and human laws while persecuted. And perhaps most importantly, Fisk is under active threat of capture from the government -- he needs the amnesty in a way Apocalypse, Mystique, and Sinister didn't. For those characters it was more of a choice between they're loose causing trouble or they're under Krakoa's control hopefully causing less trouble.
    Reminds me how in Children of the Atom the Hell's Bells jumped at amnesty if it meant getting sprung from prison.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I know, right? How dare he use relevant characters as guest stars in the flagship X-Men book, and tie up loose ends from other X-related storylines!
    I think its also safe to say whatever hes doing with Emma and Fisk is going to end up being connected to his X-Men team/book
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    By far the best issue of year 2 and one of the best of the run, though I'd like to see a little more character focus on the members of the team who haven't gotten much. Surprised the X-Office was allowed to be the first to pick up Fisk and Mary but wow that was such an exciting way to tie to larger Marvel continuity and to really use the Krakoan concept in a fun interesting way.
    100% agreed. This is the kind of Krakoa usage that excites me as well and Kingpin is a huge name. I'm here for more mixing it up with the wider MU.

Mary cartwheeling out of the frame is everything.
    Last edited by JB; 03-08-2023 at 03:05 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I think its also safe to say whatever hes doing with Emma and Fisk is going to end up being connected to his X-Men team/book
    Wonder if it will involve his Iron Man series

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    In the minority here, but felt like this issue was low key terrible.

Things just happen, without any build up. Duggan is juggling 3.5 different storylines (X-men, Forge, Emma Frost, and the slightly separate Jean events), which each one yada yada'ing so much scenes.

Monet and Forge just handwaves aside the plot point of separate bodies in favor of skipping ahead to piloting Knowhere.
    X-men just skips ahead to have the team on a random new alien planet piloting a ship. Where was the scene where Cyclops convinces Iceman that species extinction is reasonable?
    Jean's story just skips ahead to having Nightmare out himself for no reason other than an ego trip.

Essentially, it felt like there was an issue missing between 19 and 20.

Emma Frost just randomly pops into this issue on the basis of Jean worrying about monsters coming through the gate to Sage talking about (different) monsters coming through the gate (okay, this was a pretty clever transition)
    I did feel like I missed an issue while reading a couple scenes. However I really liked how the story just kept moving along with a bunch of subplots all crammed in. The pacing makes it feel like a lot is happening and story is moving forward, and let's the brain fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I did feel like I missed an issue while reading a couple scenes. However I really liked how the story just kept moving along with a bunch of subplots all crammed in. The pacing makes it feel like a lot is happening and story is moving forward, and let's the brain fill in the gaps.
    I donr feel like i missed an issue so much as it felt like stuff was happening on other books. In that sense this felt like it was a part of a bigger MU which most of the Krakoa era books have lacked (SWORD/Red being notable exceptions)

Hmm, so Nightamre came back for Jean and Fisk for Emma...so does this mean we can expect the High Evolutionary and the CotV to make a return as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Hmm, so Nightamre came back for Jean and Fisk for Emma...so does this mean we can expect the High Evolutionary and the CotV to make a return as well?
    At the very least, I think HEvo is coming back. That Synch plot's been in the air for almost two years now, and nothing's been done with it outside of the setup. We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The Cotv are DEFINITELY coming back. There's something with Talon.
    Darwin being uploaded in Cerebro plot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, this reminds me of the time teen Jean punched Galactus, and he came back years later with his silver surfers to jump her for revenge lmao.
    Lets see;
    Embarassed Nightmare
    Punched galactus
    Told phoenix to *#$& off
    Got salty at a celestial and tried to kill it
    Attacked an Innocent Knull and tried to make him bleed

I wonder which cosmic being she'll piss off next.
    lol

That's a good CV for Jean Grey actually. Would love to see her go a little bit more cosmic again in the future. I feel like it is forever her birthright to piss off cosmic-level threats.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-09 um 08.15.51.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    At the very least, I think HEvo is coming back. That Synch plot's been in the air for almost two years now, and nothing's been done with it outside of the setup. We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Omg I FORGOT he got some of Ev’s blood. Honestly kudos to this book if I can successfully bring back and satisfyingly conclude all these plot threads.

This issue was such a treat. I'm just loving all the plot threats starting to pay off. Jean "I wasn't Asking" Grey was great this issue. Very interested to see what the council will say about Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This is one of my favorite things in this era: The intertwining among the titles. I love when a plot thread gets tugged from one book into the next, and doubly so if it brings in characters from those other titles, however briefly that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is one of my favorite things in this era: The intertwining among the titles. I love when a plot thread gets tugged from one book into the next, and doubly so if it brings in characters from those other titles, however briefly that may be.
    It's really fun. I feel rewarding if you're keeping up.