Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Did anyone else notice that probability drop? Could we be seeing a return to her and Pietro’s mutant status?
    I'm not sure, could you elaborate?

Also, MORE...

art is beautiful,

BEAUTIFUL ART!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I'm not sure, could you elaborate?

Also, MORE...

art is beautiful,

BEAUTIFUL ART!!
    It’s been awhile since anyone’s brought up her ability to alter probability, it’s primarily been witchcraft and chaos magic. It’s a line that just popped while reading todays issue. If I’m wrong, please let me know.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This issue was absolutely gorgeous. The best of the 3 so far for sure, I loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a fun issue and felt like a fairy tale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Chef's Kisses perfection.
    Loved the narration style of this issue...an interesting change that really suited the story being told. And allowed Pichelli to really flex with those splash pages.
    Indeed, the level of how hard the flexing Pichelli did with her artwork here keeping going to a New Level with each issue, when you think you seen the best of her, she just upgrades it by next Issue, We are truly blessed as Wanda Fans to have this Masterpiece of a Team both Pichelli & her ink team heading this book, we are at classic levels already!

As for the Full page panels, this is like classic Folklore/Questing storytelling out of any high fantasy game or classic folklore tale.

It is like we are be woven a New-Age Folklore and Mythos with this book alone, that the team is trying to create something truly special that will stand out for the test of time while being comparable to the classics we have see in classis Folklore and Fair Tale books as well as High Fantasy Adventure storytelling like in D&D and Warcraft!

Truly we need to Stop to realize just how lucky we are as fans and luck for our Wanda getting something THIS Special for her! ;_;
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

OK, fellow Magnus Sisters fans, I'm FINALLY goin' in! But before I do, in the meantime, a li'l...

REINFORCEMENT.
    We got another official review to add: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/3

I put the spoiler tags on so I can bring it over to the HoM thread, which is where the OG quote came from.

Also, we'll have...

And have to agree on Wanda's introspection, it was enlightening, both as to where her character's head is currently at & honestly... on a personal level. I gained insight & learned some new ways of looking at things, when it comes to those pesky, existential questions we all find ourselves often asking, during those troubled times filled with heightened emotion & conflicted feelings. In fact, I wanna read it again, just to make sure I got the gist of it right.

Lastly, Wanda & Lorna really do make for a STRIKING PAIR, in all respects. In both an aesthetic sense & when it comes to their innate chemistry, I feel they actually could be...

MARVEL'S
    Dynamic
    DUO!!
    I am glad you are here PolarIceFire, I always love the highly detailed work & clear love you put into each of you posts with great vibrant colors, it is truly special especially for a book like this we as fans have SO Needed for So Long!

The level of Amazing these issues keep getting in ratings is remarkable, BUT at the same time is not either. We knew if we got the right team and it was a labor of love, Wanda would smash the world with her character and with the characters that mean the most to her.

Seeing the Sisters at something of this level shows they get what needed to be written and what fans have longed to behold.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    What a stunner!

Wanda's book feels like a nice fit for a story like this. Hope we get them semi-regularly, maybe as glue between arcs. Also a clear opportunity here to let Sarah relax a bit and let fill-in artists play.
    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Loved it, the art was really nice and I liked the sisters bonding
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Seeing Wanda and Polaris bonding is cute, nice to see Wanda's relationships with her family are currently fine
    Indeed, well said, I think that has been some of the greatest things about this book.

It 1st most is about a humanistic approach to storytelling and character development, it is about people and caring for people when they need it the most, that is power storytelling cause you now have a deep human element that matters to many people in the story on a personal level.

Then you put into that context with upping it with the context of Wanda’s biggest care and love in the world, her family and friends with the depth and beauty of character Wanda can show in her action in her heroics, Orlando is truly hitting this out of the park.

Beautiful still, the story is both episodic but has clearly been leading to bigger over-arcing story arcs that will test Wanda Bigger and Deeper with each issue and they bar has already been shattered so majorly, this is truly a special book Indeed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s been awhile since anyone’s brought up her ability to alter probability, it’s primarily been witchcraft and chaos magic. It’s a line that just popped while reading todays issue. If I’m wrong, please let me know.
    Ooh, that is interesting & okay, I will. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am glad you are here PolarIceFire, I always love the highly detailed work & clear love you put into each of you posts with great vibrant colors, it is truly special especially for a book like this we as fans have SO Needed for So Long!

The level of Amazing these issues keep getting in ratings is remarkable, BUT at the same time is not either. We knew if we got the right team and it was a labor of love, Wanda would smash the world with her character and with the characters that mean the most to her.

Seeing the Sisters at something of this level shows they get what needed to be written and what fans have longed to behold.
    Thank you too, CJ, that's very kind of you to say. Yes, it's been a long wait & we're finally gettin' movement on the fam after all this time, and the troubles that prevented it before. It sure does feel good, now we just need more of it, A LOT MORE!!!

Speaking of that great critical response the series has received,
    here's another:
    ... from Lorna's:
    ... the latest review for SW3: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/3
    9.0 Comic Book Revolution - Kevin Lainez
    Mar 9, 2023

FINAL THOUGHTS: With each passing issue Steve Orlando and Sara Pichelli are getting better and better at telling one-shot style stories that build up Wanda Maximoff and the new life she has built for herself. Scarlet Witch #3 is the best issue so far with the Polaris team-up providing us with a fun journey through Sub-Atomica. Along the way we get great moments between Wanda and Lorna Dane that taps into their relationship as sisters. It all comes together to further establish Scarlet Witch as one of Marvel's best series right now. Read Full Review
    I AGREE that this series seems very promising for the HoMagnus Fam's future, so HOPEFULLY we're reading things right, and THIS IS...

JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    This is something I have envisioned for Wanda. She has the power to end so much conflict in peopleÂ’s lives, but in doing so she understands that she would deprive them of their own growth. She doesnÂ’t turn them away if their problem can be easily solved, but she serves as a temporary guide so that the persons own inner strength is found so they can grow. Just as she is still growing
    Are you also on Reddit? I swear I read a similar opinion to yours on there.
    But yeah that's a really good way of going about it. She will help you not getting stomped by giant space robots or stuff like that but more personal problems are still up to the individual to solve. It's also a good explanation for the age-old "why don't all these heroes simply solve every single problem imaginable?"
    "This is me being reasonable"

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Catch me ousside on Twitter. Same name there as with my comic watch name.

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...-la-laaa-la-la
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Are you also on Reddit? I swear I read a similar opinion to yours on there.
    But yeah that's a really good way of going about it. She will help you not getting stomped by giant space robots or stuff like that but more personal problems are still up to the individual to solve. It's also a good explanation for the age-old "why don't all these heroes simply solve every single problem imaginable?"
    I’m not on Reddit, but it’s neat that someone else also came to a similar observation
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Definitely really loved getting to see Wanda and Lorna getting some sisterly time together for the first time since All-New X-Factor. If I had to have one complaint when it came to the art though, it’s that Lorna felt a bit too stone faced once the adventure started. Due to her constantly wearing the sunglasses, emotions that would normally be conveyed through the eyes couldn’t be seen and really only in the beginning and at the end in her moments with Wanda did she lower her sunglasses to be more expressive. Not really a big knock against the issue, just a minor nitpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Definitely really loved getting to see Wanda and Lorna getting some sisterly time together for the first time since All-New X-Factor. If I had to have one complaint when it came to the art though, it’s that Lorna felt a bit too stone faced once the adventure started. Due to her constantly wearing the sunglasses, emotions that would normally be conveyed through the eyes couldn’t be seen and really only in the beginning and at the end in her moments with Wanda did she lower her sunglasses to be more expressive. Not really a big knock against the issue, just a minor nitpick.
    That is an interesting topic because it applies to much more than just this specific comic. There are people who complain about how often characters take off their helmets in the MCU for example.

The reason is of course obvious. Actors want to act so seeing their face is preferable. But that is often times contrary to what the actual character would do. There is no in-universe reason to constantly take off your helmet. Especially on a battlefield.

Now Lorna just wanted to wear sunglasses and there is nothing strange about it either. A lot of people wear them but it leads to the problem that you described.

What's the solution for it? I honestly don't know.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I just found out about this issue and I am so hyped! Wanda brought back The Sword in the Star! The mystical blade wielded by the time-traveling Prince Wayfinder that turned him into The Enigma Force, created The Microverse and gave rise to Captain Universe! If anyone has ever read X-23, it goes into the basics about Wayfinder and the Sword but if you guys ever want to know more you'll have to seek out The Micronauts comics.

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-12-2023 at 11:23 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just found out about this issue and I am so hyped! Wanda brought back The Sword in the Star! The mystical blade wielded by the time-traveling Prince Wayfinder that turned him into The Enigma Force, created The Microverse and gave rise to Captain Universe! If anyone has ever read X-23, it goes into the basics about Wayfinder and the Sword but if you guys ever want to know more you'll have to seek out The Micronauts comics.

Oh wow. Orlando really is a continuity nut. I didn't even know it was an already existing sword. Good to know. I really need to read that X-23 run again. Last time has been a long time ago.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Oh wow. Orlando really is a continuity nut. I didn't even know it was an already existing sword. Good to know. I really need to read that X-23 run again. Last time has been a long time ago.
    Oh yeah, it's been around since...the mid-70's, I think? Well...Prince Wayfinder was in a series called The Sword in the Star that was never completed until the writer, Bill Mantlo, incorporated the story elements such as the Sword in the Star and Prince Wayfinder into his Micronauts run as part of the mythology surrounding Arcturus Rann of the Micronauts, Captain Universe and The Enigma Force.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Oh yeah, it's been around since...the mid-70's, I think? Well...Prince Wayfinder was in a series called The Sword in the Star that was never completed until the writer, Bill Mantlo, incorporated the story elements such as the Sword in the Star and Prince Wayfinder into his Micronauts run as part of the mythology surrounding Arcturus Rann of the Micronauts, Captain Universe and The Enigma Force.

Wow, this is more in-depth and involved than I expected...