Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Josh Keaton voiced Spider-Man in the video games of the time: Marvel Super Hero Squad, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man: Edge of Time and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
    He did Ultimate Peter, didn't he? He did great--went the gamut from snarkilly funny to dead-serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    He did Ultimate Peter, didn't he? He did great--went the gamut from snarkilly funny to dead-serious.
    Yes, Keaton voiced Ultimate Peter.

Neil Patrick Harris (who voiced Peter in the MTV series after the Raimi movie opened) voiced The Amazing Spider-Man.

Christopher Daniel Barnes (from the 1990s animated series) voiced Noir.

And Dan Gilvezan (from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends) voiced Miguel.

Let's not forget that time he played evil 2099 Peter in Edge of Time .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's not forget that time he played evil 2099 Peter in Edge of Time .
    That was the best part of Edge of Time, in my view. To me, he competed well with Christopher Daniel Barnes (the voice of Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 in that same game) for a rather compelling portrayal of a fallen, twisted Peter Parker. His line to his past self twisting their Uncle Ben's famous "great power, great responsibility" motto into a remark that responsibility was actually to seize every and any opportunity to get all the power he could was quite chilling to hear, though in light of what (or who) he was implied to have lost that led him to that mentality, it was also quite heartbreaking.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, in MSM Harry becomes the Hobgoblin. We never actually got the Green Goblin in the show.
    So we got a Goblin King and no Green Goblin? Damn, that's surprising lol.

The only executive mandate I can think of is that some characters were off-limits to them in season 1 and I got the sense it was part of the reason Cassandra Cain wasn't Batgirl.
    Honestly, I wonder how much this screwed up Donna's and Wonder Woman's representation in YJ.

Like, Donna was meant to be among the sidekicks in season 1, but there were rights issues that prevented her from being added, only late into production they allowed her to be used, but by then they couldn't just add her.

And I feel this hurt her and Wonder Woman's representation in YJ a lot, because as we can see with Dick, and Conner, the characters from their setting only ever show up when those characters are being relevant in some way.

It's at its most noticeable in season 4, because that season might as well be a season about Superman's setting, and it's all because of Conner being basically the emotional center of the story.

Batman also only tends to be relevant when it's affecting Dick in some way, with season 3 being somewhat of an exception since he gets to do more, but even then it's not that much since him and others just tend to say their plans worked in some way lol.

Of course, Donna being around since season 1 doesn't mean Wonder Woman's world would get that much of a representation, even when Wally was around we didn't see a lot of Flash villains, the most we see is Captain Cold, and his appearances are infrequent, and there are even two episodes he showed up without Wally around (The prison one, and another in season 2 with some heroines hanging out with him randomly deciding to rob a bank)... But still, being in season 1 is better than not being there, because season 1 characters are the favorites, so her being around since the beginning could've helped, instead, she's this useless UN member who got in one fight, and all she did was be knocked out for most of it, then throw one punch (Though, one that hit Lady Shiva at least)

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Let us never forget that Countdown was "52 done right.” Lol.
    Well, 52 is an overrated story that deserves all of DiDio's contempt, meanwhile, Countdown has classic moments everyone loves like Donna's "ReTodd" joke, so yeah, I'd say that take is accurate.

Also, remember when Supergirl randomly decided to join the Amazons when they decided to attack America? What a time to be a DC fan. Batman was almost killed by bees.
    Reminder that during Amazons Attack, Batman managed to use a spell that fucking nulifies magic:

(Amazons Attack#5)

So fucking absurd lol.

PS, I was going to do a bit about being insanely angry about your joke take but didn't know if it'd come off tongue in cheek in text. The flaws of an all text forum. Lol.
    Whenever I feel like my sarcastic takes aren't obvious enough, I end messages with the ":P" emote (Not using it 'cause of the image limit), that usually makes the joke obvious lol.

Let's not forget that time he played evil 2099 Peter in Edge of Time ;D.
    Well not surprising, he does play the main Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was the best part of Edge of Time, in my view. To me, he competed well with Christopher Daniel Barnes (the voice of Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 in that same game) for a rather compelling portrayal of a fallen, twisted Peter Parker. His line to his past self twisting their Uncle Ben's famous "great power, great responsibility" motto into a remark that responsibility was actually to seize every and any opportunity to get all the power he could was quite chilling to hear, though in light of what (or who) he was implied to have lost that led him to that mentality, it was also quite heartbreaking.
    It's funny that both this game, and the Sensational Spider-Man story right before OMD, where Spidey met The One Above All, show Spidey getting a company as a bad thing, which makes the Parker Industries era look a bit funny by comparison.

Not that I'm saying Spidey getting a company has to be a bad thing, it depends on what he does with it, it's just funny that two shits showed it as a bad thing and then when it happens in 616, it's suddenly good lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So we got a Goblin King and no Green Goblin? Damn, that's surprising lol.

Honestly, I wonder how much this screwed up Donna's and Wonder Woman's representation in YJ.

Like, Donna was meant to be among the sidekicks in season 1, but there were rights issues that prevented her from being added, only late into production they allowed her to be used, but by then they couldn't just add her.

And I feel this hurt her and Wonder Woman's representation in YJ a lot, because as we can see with Dick, and Conner, the characters from their setting only ever show up when those characters are being relevant in some way.

It's at its most noticeable in season 4, because that season might as well be a season about Superman's setting, and it's all because of Conner being basically the emotional center of the story.

Batman also only tends to be relevant when it's affecting Dick in some way, with season 3 being somewhat of an exception since he gets to do more, but even then it's not that much since him and others just tend to say their plans worked in some way lol.

Of course, Donna being around since season 1 doesn't mean Wonder Woman's world would get that much of a representation, even when Wally was around we didn't see a lot of Flash villains, the most we see is Captain Cold, and his appearances are infrequent, and there are even two episodes he showed up without Wally around (The prison one, and another in season 2 with some heroines hanging out with him randomly deciding to rob a bank)... But still, being in season 1 is better than not being there, because season 1 characters are the favorites, so her being around since the beginning could've helped, instead, she's this useless UN member who got in one fight, and all she did was be knocked out for most of it, then throw one punch (Though, one that hit Lady Shiva at least)

Well, 52 is an overrated story that deserves all of DiDio's contempt, meanwhile, Countdown has classic moments everyone loves like Donna's "ReTodd" joke, so yeah, I'd say that take is accurate.

Reminder that during Amazons Attack, Batman managed to use a spell that fucking nulifies magic:

(Amazons Attack#5)

So fucking absurd lol.

Whenever I feel like my sarcastic takes aren't obvious enough, I end messages with the ":P" emote (Not using it 'cause of the image limit), that usually makes the joke obvious lol.

Well not surprising, he does play the main Spidey.

It's funny that both this game, and the Sensational Spider-Man story right before OMD, where Spidey met The One Above All, show Spidey getting a company as a bad thing, which makes the Parker Industries era look a bit funny by comparison.

Not that I'm saying Spidey getting a company has to be a bad thing, it depends on what he does with it, it's just funny that two shits showed it as a bad thing and then when it happens in 616, it's suddenly good lol.
    Let's not forget, either, that TAS's finale, which I just rewatched today on Disney+, showed an armored alternate Spider-Man (MK I Spider-Armor) that was a multibillionaire who owned a number of companies which had funded the design and construction of the armor he wore, and while he was still heroic, he was also a jack@$$ whose recklessness and arrogance put the mission of saving reality from another alternate Spider-Man gone apocalyptically bad (Spider-Carnage) in jeopardy due to getting himself and one other alternate Spider-Man knocked out of the fight. Of course, when "our" Spider-Man went to his reality, he saw that the reason for his armored alternate's arrogance was that he'd never actually lost anything (or anyone) and was a beloved, publicly known and recognized hero --- which led him to the epiphany that Uncle Ben was still alive in that world, and the only person who could talk Spider-Carnage out of annihilating reality itself in a fit of existential pique over possibly being a clone on top of everything (and everyone) he'd already lost before bonding with the Carnage symbiote.

spider-man needs that batman wank i would take that sacrifice
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah, but do you want Spider-Man to end up where Batman is now, with much of the DC fanbase resenting how DC's (over)use of him and his allies/rogues/spinoffs has resulted in less spotlight going to other (potentially) great characters in the DCU stable?

Fantastic Member

If it meant Spider-Man got to be a competent super hero in his own damn comic again, I’d make that deal

Let's not forget, either, that TAS's finale, which I just rewatched today on Disney+, showed an armored alternate Spider-Man (MK I Spider-Armor) that was a multibillionaire who owned a number of companies which had funded the design and construction of the armor he wore, and while he was still heroic, he was also a jack@$$ whose recklessness and arrogance put the mission of saving reality from another alternate Spider-Man gone apocalyptically bad (Spider-Carnage) in jeopardy due to getting himself and one other alternate Spider-Man knocked out of the fight. Of course, when "our" Spider-Man went to his reality, he saw that the reason for his armored alternate's arrogance was that he'd never actually lost anything (or anyone) and was a beloved, publicly known and recognized hero --- which led him to the epiphany that Uncle Ben was still alive in that world, and the only person who could talk Spider-Carnage out of annihilating reality itself in a fit of existential pique over possibly being a clone on top of everything (and everyone) he'd already lost before bonding with the Carnage symbiote.
    Oh yeah, had forgotten about that Spidey lol.

That Spidey mustve stolen the luck of every Spidey in existence, 'cause damn, his life was fucking perfect before Spider-Carnage came around.

I don't understand takes like this.

Once in a while it's complained that everyone else takes stuff with Spidey, and once in a while there's a complaint that X-Men nowadays are too overspread, to the point I've seen the current ASM being called a sequel to Wells' Hellions comic, why would anyone want Spidey to start doing that? It's bad when someone else does it with Spidey but it's okay if it's Spidey's turn to be a parasite?

Come on...

Yeah, but do you want Spider-Man to end up where Batman is now, with much of the DC fanbase resenting how DC's (over)use of him and his allies/rogues/spinoffs has resulted in less spotlight going to other (potentially) great characters in the DCU stable?
    Don't forget everyone else jobbing to him becuse Batman is the most special hero of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    If it meant Spider-Man got to be a competent super hero in his own damn comic again, I’d make that deal
    He doesn't have to **** over everyone else to look good.

I understand prefering him looking good over him looking bad, but this really shouldn't be about "us vs them" kind of thing, pointless animosity between fanbases is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Deal, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Deal, you say?

Lol that link's name, even I heard how people were finding Mephisto references in, everything about WandaVision.

Either way, all things considered, Mephisto did an alright deal with Spidey back in OMD, maybe he's not so bad .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Oh yeah, had forgotten about that Spidey lol.

That Spidey mustve stolen the luck of every Spidey in existence, 'cause damn, his life was fucking perfect before Spider-Carnage came around.

I don't understand takes like this.

Once in a while it's complained that everyone else takes stuff with Spidey, and once in a while there's a complaint that X-Men nowadays are too overspread, to the point I've seen the current ASM being called a sequel to Wells' Hellions comic, why would anyone want Spidey to start doing that? It's bad when someone else does it with Spidey but it's okay if it's Spidey's turn to be a parasite?

Come on...

Don't forget everyone else jobbing to him becuse Batman is the most special hero of all time.

He doesn't have to **** over everyone else to look good.

I understand prefering him looking good over him looking bad, but this really shouldn't be about "us vs them" kind of thing, pointless animosity between fanbases is toxic.
    If animated armored Spidey from TAS's finale stole all the other Spider-Men's luck . . . that kind of makes him the catalyst for nearly ending all reality, in a way, because the crap luck of that one reality where both Uncle Ben and then Aunt May died, leading to Spider-Man being cloned and one of the Spider-Men having a Carnage symbiote-influenced psychotic breakdown that drove him to wipe out existence itself out of spite for how badly he'd had it would be kind of his (Armored Spidey's) fault. Granted, I'm probably overanalyzing a joke, but still. That said, I do agree with your last point in particular; fandom should be something that unites us in love for the fictional media and characters that we all enjoy, not something that drives us to lash out at each other because we can't (or, in some cases, won't) engage in good faith with differences of opinion.

Yes It’s time for Spiderman or the very least an event
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yes It’s time for Spiderman or the very least an event
    An event that builds on and elevates Spider-Man as a hero and a character in the vein of what Dark Crisis (on Infinite Earths) ultimately did for Nightwing/Dick Grayson . . . that would be something to behold.