View Poll Results: * being lowest and ***** highest, how much do you trust news outside mass media?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

11 91.67%
  • NA

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you trust Alternative media?

Wondering about confidence in alternative narrative around these parts. Including not just YouTubers and the like, but state sponsored media like RT and CGTN too.

lol.

lmao.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i put NA again for similar reasons as other thread, although i will say i know less about alt news sources as a whole (just based on name recognition alone)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's generally garbage, propaganda or fear-mongering...often all three at once.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

RT? It's pure unabashed Russian propaganda

Why start a thread like this when you asked about mainstream media already.

But I will answer. I dont trust it at all. The youtubers and I will include Fox News in the Alternative News are so full of lies and and misinformation it is not funny. Fox News is being exposed for the fruads they are who will do anything for rating and rile up their base though their viewers dont hear it and wouldnt believe it if they did.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    Wondering about confidence in alternative narrative around these parts. Including not just YouTubers and the like, but state sponsored media like RT and CGTN too.
    Them?! God, no. Goodness, no.

Extraordinary Member

Why would you? It's kind of an easy question to answer, honestly.

Alternative media has the most chance of being false and has the least accountability, I don't trust it much at all. "State Sponsored" sources like RT are among the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    I don't know if I even trust posts that speak in acronyms/abbreviations and assume EVERYBODY immediately knows what they're talking about . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know if I even trust posts that speak in acronyms/abbreviations and assume EVERYBODY immediately knows what they're talking about . . .
    There is a point. I THINK RT means something like "Russia Times" or "Russia Today", but I'm not sure, and I don't have a clue as to what CGTN is.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    There is a point. I THINK RT means something like "Russia Times" or "Russia Today", but I'm not sure, and I don't have a clue as to what CGTN is.
    I'm going to assume it's Cartoon Gators Tickling Nightly.

... and I don't trust them.

It depends on the source and definition.

Are we talking about anyone who is on Substack, even if they had mainstream credentials? Matthew Yglesias seems to be arguing from a place of good faith, and tries to support his views with evidence. Some youtubers and podcasters have good points, and spotlight interesting stuff.

But this doesn't mean we should trust any rando, or state media outlets from countries invading their neighbors.

In general, the alternative media is less reliable than the mainstream media. But there is some good stuff. Too many people look for whatever fits their priors, rather than considering the process, which is the best way to determine what's reliable.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's generally garbage, propaganda or fear-mongering...often all three at once.
    This is the correct answer.

No. .......
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred