Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wednesday Actress May join Beetlejuice 2 with Keaton and Burton Returning!

That came out of nowhere.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-2-1235342774/

Tim Burton, who helmed the 1988 film starring Michael Keaton, is expected to direct, with Keaton returning as well, according to sources. Production is eying a late May or early June shoot in London, but budget has not been set, resulting in a back and forth. If a deal is made, sources say Ortega would play the daughter of Lydia, the character played by Winona Ryder in the original.

Sure - I'll watch about anything with Keaton in it, and I love Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice Beetlejuice! Dang it didn't work) so I'll definitely give a sequel a try, no matter how late.

Can't think of a more worthy successor to Winona Ryder.

Until they actually start filming I won’t get excited about this. There’s been talk about a Beetjuice sequel happening since 1988.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jenna Ortega will be the newest member of Burton's production posse.

So, her being the daughter of the daughter could go a few ways. Hopefully not just a slightly different version of Wednesday, as no actor/actress likes being typecast. But a zillennial and Beetlejuice? So much to work with there.

I would be very surprised if Ortega would want to play another Wednesday type character. And odds are Lydia's daughter would end up being something totally different from her.

So looks like its set to start filming in the next few months! That means pre post is done and they are ready to start filming!

And we just now found out about this?

Production is eying a late May or early June shoot in London,

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So looks like its set to start filming in the next few months! That means pre post is done and they are ready to start filming!

And we just now found out about this?
    Really snuck up on us didn't it? At first I had assumed it was just in talks, but instead they're actually much further along. Rare thing these days we get surprised like this.

Good. These days it seems like by the time a movie comes out, I'm already sick of hearing about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would be very surprised if Ortega would want to play another Wednesday type character. And odds are Lydia's daughter would end up being something totally different from her.
    Ortega expanded her survivor character in her sequel Scream movie that has been even more successful so I'm not pessimistic about this or her growing footprint.

CinemaCon confirmed beetlejuice 2. It's official.

Looks like beetlejuice 2 will include Danny Elfman.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/beetlej...rt-1235355363/

Who will Jonny and Helena play in it?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Al Gough and Miles Millar are writing, which they mentioned on a recent Talkville Podcast.

I will be deeply disappointed if it doesn't start with Beetlejuice having taken a shockingly uneventful 30+ year holiday in Hawaii, making fun of the development helled sequel.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!