Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CBR Home Page no longer links to Community

The CBR Home page has changed again. First you had to click the "More" button to find the link to the Forum. Now that is gone. If there is a link, I could not find it after looking for several minutes.
    Why is CBR hiding this Forum from it's viewers? Is this Forum in danger of disappearing?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I certainly hope not. Message boards like this are by far the best way to form communities online.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The CBR Home page has changed again. First you had to click the "More" button to find the link to the Forum. Now that is gone. If there is a link, I could not find it after looking for several minutes.
    Why is CBR hiding this Forum from it's viewers? Is this Forum in danger of disappearing?
    I don't think the forum has been "officially" part of CBR for a while. It hasn't been supported by the parent company for some time, i.e. at least since Jonah sold it.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I obviously don't know anything about the fate of the forum but I know that I haven't been able to read articles on any Valnet sites like CBR in a while now. I don't know if it's my adblocker or if chrome just isn't supported but when I click on a link to read an article the resulting page just mashes all the content together(ads and all) making it unreadable. No real loss though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I obviously don't know anything about the fate of the forum but I know that I haven't been able to read articles on any Valnet sites like CBR in a while now. I don't know if it's my adblocker or if chrome just isn't supported but when I click on a link to read an article the resulting page just mashes all the content together(ads and all) making it unreadable. No real loss though.
    Sounds like a problem with JavaScript. You can try another browser and see if it still happens.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I don't normally visit the CBR site itself, so no idea.

Only thing I use non-Forum CBR for is the solicitations, and those I find via google searches.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Sounds like a problem with JavaScript. You can try another browser and see if it still happens.
    It's literally only valnet sites which are mostly clickbate so I'm not that concerned
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I’m not super surprised.

The forum now only allows someone to make an account one of the thirty days in a month. If they treat new people who want to join like Pandas who are trying to make offspring this forum will die.

I find this new development extremely annoying. The forums are my favorite part of CBR, and now the only way I can get in is by going to my history and clicking on a thread I've previously read. That or bookmarking a thread so I can recover it.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Yeah, that was annoying. I used to go through the main CBR page on my way to the forum and see if there was a new article, etc. but considering how often I visit the forums v. the regular page, now that CBR has forced me to have a bookmark for each guess which one I'm going to use a lot more. CBR is just losing multiple hits a day from me, and I guess I won't be the only one now.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope it's nothing sinister like suddenly closing the forums. They are pretty unique IMO. I don't use Twitter, TicToc or whatever and prefer this kind of format. Conversations are easier to conduct in a forum like this. It will be a shame if it disappears.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-10-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I find this new development extremely annoying. The forums are my favorite part of CBR, and now the only way I can get in is by going to my history and clicking on a thread I've previously read. That or bookmarking a thread so I can recover it.
    Just bookmark "https://community.cbr.com/" and that should bring you to the main Forum page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ready Eddie View Post
    I’m not super surprised.

The forum now only allows someone to make an account one of the thirty days in a month. If they treat new people who want to join like Pandas who are trying to make offspring this forum will die.
    That system was put in place to counter spammers/spambots, it's not a part of some fictional plot to eliminate the forums.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    That system was put in place to counter spammers/spambots, it's not a part of some fictional plot to eliminate the forums.
    I am just concerned they are, based on the fact they no longer have any link on the CBR site. I have seen this dance before.

Then consider my record scratch an effort to keep the unnecessary addition of a twerk to the routine.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)