Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i think they will announce the forums being phased out soon. either that or one day they just won't be here. you don't make a foundational aspect of your site invisible and hard to join if you're planning on maintaining its long-term existence. just ask comixology.
    But I didn't think the Forums section was "a foundational aspect" of the CBR site any longer. I thought it was more of a loose affiliation these days?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

i think they will announce the forums being phased out soon. either that or one day they just won't be here. you don't make a foundational aspect of your site invisible and hard to join if you're planning on maintaining its long-term existence. just ask comixology.
    If Conn says things are fine then they are, why make a conspiracy out of it?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    If Conn says things are fine then they are, why make a conspiracy out of it?
    i don't do conspiracy theories, thanks.

i predicted what happened to comixology and I'm standing on what I said here. it's business. no conspiracy necessary.

i don't do conspiracy theories, thanks.

i predicted what happened to comixology and I'm standing on what I said here. it's business. no conspiracy necessary.
    That is how I see it. I don't think it's a conspiracy theory when you are simple making an assumption based on what a business is doing. It's like guessing which show HBO will abandong next. It's not a conspiracy for some evil purpose, it's what they are doing.

I was simply asking why CBR no longer links this forum. Wondering if they will no longer support it is not far fetched.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Glad I came and found out what's going on...

CBR is one of the BEST forums on the net with actual thinking people. I come here to read and/or engage in real comic boom discussions with real, passionate fans and admirers. We don't always agree but so is life.

Maybe this forum should break off completely and become it's own, autonomous forum...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is how I see it. I don't think it's a conspiracy theory when you are simple making an assumption based on what a business is doing. It's like guessing which show HBO will abandong next. It's not a conspiracy for some evil purpose, it's what they are doing.

I was simply asking why CBR no longer links this forum. Wondering if they will no longer support it is not far fetched.
    Except Conn has specifically said that isn't the case.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

To be clear: I have not spoken to Valnet about the future of the forums, much in the same way I wouldn't question a restaurant I frequent about whether I should look for somewhere else to eat just because they took a special off the menu. There's no reason to.

I entered the thread to correct a false assumption made (about the reasoning behind the account registration change) because I didn't want bullcrap needlessly fueling any already existing paranoia further.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All-New Member

Forums are once again linked from the main page. Under 'More', 'Community' links to the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Forums are once again linked from the main page. Under 'More', 'Community' links to the boards.
    Works like a charm...