Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Then consider my record scratch an effort to keep the unnecessary addition of a twerk to the routine.
    Thanks for the explanation. The spambots are unfortunately a serious issue these days.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    That system was put in place to counter spammers/spambots, it's not a part of some fictional plot to eliminate the forums.
    Why has it been removed from the CBR.com home page?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Why has it been removed from the CBR.com home page?
    I don't know. I never really use it, I just go straight to the forums. I know it was there last week, my best guess would be that they aren't finished retooling the home page yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually gets added to the link menu in the upper left corner.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I had to do a search for "forum" to find a link to a forum and entered through that way.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

This is as bad as the time CBR cleared out the forums completely and we all had to start over again.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    This is as bad as the time CBR cleared out the forums completely and we all had to start over again.
    I don't get how that can be...the forums are still here and we're all able to log in normally.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

How hard is it to make a bookmark to the forums directly? I haven't been t the CBR main page since sometime in 2018, but I have been coming to the forums directly since then.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just bookmark "https://community.cbr.com/" and that should bring you to the main Forum page.
    Thnks, done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't get how that can be...the forums are still here and we're all able to log in normally.
    That's fine, until you want to re-read an old thread. I wish I could show friends a few of my old Traitor Game posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    How hard is it to make a bookmark to the forums directly? I haven't been t the CBR main page since sometime in 2018, but I have been coming to the forums directly since then.

-M
    I find I can bookmark one thread--any thread-- and it will take me to all the CBR forums. Of course, I have to get to a forum to bookmark it.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

I have always had the Community bookmarked. My concern is two fold. First I fear it is a sign the won't provided the resources to keep the Forum going.
    Two, without the link others will not find us and new members will be limited.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    How hard is it to make a bookmark to the forums directly?

-M
    It's hard when you are at work away from your computer when you go to this site.

It's hard when you are at work away from your computer when you go to this site.
    Ah, I just don't go to forums while I am working, I do it on my own time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I generally went to cbr.com, checked out the headlines, and then found the 'forums' on the 'More' menu.
    When the new layout didn't have the Forums link, I wondered if the forums were removed and where to find them. I checked my history, but it will be hard to get new members in this orphaned setup.

Fantastic Member

At least they're not trying to put comments with each article again

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't see how it's really all that hard...you just google CBR Forums and then click the link, it's literally the first result at the top of the page.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

i think they will announce the forums being phased out soon. either that or one day they just won't be here. you don't make a foundational aspect of your site invisible and hard to join if you're planning on maintaining its long-term existence. just ask comixology.