Page 36 of 201 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It would be nice if mine would let me teleport. I just read up on all the abilities of a Mother Box and it's irksome that there are so many and they're so ubiquitous but Diana's tech is used intermittently if at all. A Mother Box can heal injuries to the point of bringing its user back to life yet the Purple Healing Ray is rarely ever mentioned. Even if it is it doesn't factor significantly into stories. There's not a clear history because of all the reboots and it comes off as a novel one shot and not a mainstay like New Gods and Mother Boxes.
    It’s a bit annoying to me to that things that were once Amazonian were done in other comics. Diana deserves some free for some concepts!

Sampere's Wonder Woman is too masculine looking. I hope King isn't going to minimize Diana's femininity as that's core to the character. Its what seperates WW from a generic warrior character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Sampere's Wonder Woman is too masculine looking. I hope King isn't going to minimize Diana's femininity as that's core to the character. Its what seperates WW from a generic warrior character.
    How the hell is she too masculine looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Ahhh "practicality" the root cause of the utter destruction of the comic book industry. How someone that can bathe in molten lava can possibly be harmed by wearing earrings is a mystery to me. Though I'm sure no artist has his arm in a sling from drawing a star or circle on an earlobe because the process is just so taxing.
    The industry's state from before more practical costumes (briefly) existed says otherwise.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-18-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Do you mean her face or her muscles?

Sampere's Wonder Woman is too masculine looking.
    That's just ridiculous

Masculinity (a vague, up-for-interpretation term anyway) is what separates WW from a generic warrior character? I thought her Themysciran backstory, her compassion, kind heart, and inherent reluctance to decapitate/disembowel/spinerip her way through her enemies was what separated her from the garden-variety "badass warrior chicks" that so many fanboys love.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I like what I’ve seen so far from Sampere. Diana looks fit, broad shoulders. He draws her hair well and while I don’t love the more “armor-y” boots, I do like the white stripe there. Face kinda small as others have pointed out but overall I do like Sampere’s take. Hoping she also looks taller in comparison.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Hey! Hi, Wonder Woman subforum! How are you doing?

*leaves to never return*

Fantastic Member

I think Daniel Sampere is a helluva artist. The critiques are fine, but I also think they're overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    I don't think "masculine" is the right adjective, "unglamorous" fits better. There are no frills, no thrills and she looks like a corn-fed volleyball player from Idaho. She doesn't go to Coachella or drink dirty martinis, she goes to Branson, Missouri for country/western music and Bud Light.

In this post-Instagram world we live in with rampant BBL's and boob jobs, where cashiers at the grocery store wear contoured make-up, lace front wigs and fake eyelashes so long they can barely see past them, it's a little jarring and overly quaint.

Christ, the whinging already.

Sampere’s WW is pretty great actually. Nice change of pace from the Paquette covers and rotating artists we’ve had for the past year.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-19-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    ALREADY. Book won't be out for months. All we've seen was a few pages and the complaints. ALREADY.

You goshdarn right, I love Paquette!

WW PACQUETTE EARTH 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Sampere’s WW is pretty actually. Nice change of pace from the Paquette covers and rotating artists we’ve had for the past year.
    I just want a creative team that's an actual creative team. Like, the artist isn't on for one arc and then dips.

Hopefully that's what we're gonna get come September.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I just want a creative team that's an actual creative team. Like, the artist isn't on for one arc and then dips.

Hopefully that's what we're gonna get come September.
    Man Sampere's work on Action Comics was fantastic. It was a good time having him before he got poached for Dark Crisis.

Hopefully he's on here for a long time.