Page 182 of 201 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3009

What would be the point though? Wouldn't she just ascend to Olympus in this case? Death means nothing in comics anymore, let alone in WW comics. We're way past the days when it would be shocking.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    If it's to have Cheetah kill Cassie I think that's going to happen anyway.
    Given the solicit for #9, it can be Steve that gets killed, and Diana is further down to her lowest. Cheetah is then dispatched to strike the killing blow.
    TK doesn't like his character and it's not something that has not been done previously so wouldn't attract a lot of backlash

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Lordy, I know it’s a “pride” cover, but the flags everywhere are a bit much. Also, I love when as many Amazons as possible are featured in Wonder Woman art, but that entire world wouldn’t exist without Diana & she should ALWAYS be front and center.
    Gotta say I didn't even NOTICE. I was too busy marveling at the insane detail work and novel composition. I want a framed piece for my wall. #ItIsGorgeous!!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think it's great that Cheetah is being presented as a bigger threat than Circe or Grail. Sovereign saving her for last makes a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things. I do hope that she betrays both Sovereign and Diana so that she's officially back to being a bad@SS b!tch.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Lordy, I know it’s a “pride” cover, but the flags everywhere are a bit much. Also, I love when as many Amazons as possible are featured in Wonder Woman art, but that entire world wouldn’t exist without Diana & she should ALWAYS be front and center.
    Gotta say I didn't even NOTICE. I was too busy marveling at the insane detail work and novel composition. I want a framed piece for my wall. #ItIsGorgeous!!
    Agreed. And those worrying about the flags being everywhere? I'm completely fine if they want to put one less flag... IF they actually replace that flag with giving Diana an actual girlfriend in main continuity that gets just as much screentime the other two members of the Trinity's significant others.

Otherwise. all the flags stay!

Fantastic Member

Why is everybody so obsessed with Cassie maybe dying? This have been a talking point from before the run started despite there being nothing that points to it. Not saying it couldn't happen of course, but nothing is implying it will either.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Why is everybody so obsessed with Cassie maybe dying? This have been a talking point from before the run started despite there being nothing that points to it. Not saying it couldn't happen of course, but nothing is implying it will either.

I'm not rooting for any of the Wonder Girls to die but if one has to go, make it Yara. She's the most annoying.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm not rooting for any of the Wonder Girls to die but if one has to go, make it Yara. She's the most annoying.
    Think she is the least likely to die. Cassie is the most likely to die, but there isn't any indication of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If King/DC really wants to cement Cheetah as the archnemesis… you have to take away her sympathetic nature I feel. She’s gotta do something heinous to really show why she’s a cut above the rest. I know what I would do but it’s so edgy it would DEFINITELY make some people mad lol..
    What would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    What would it be?
    Sov wants to break Diana. He offers to help Cheetah be able to shift back and forth between her human and werecheetah forms like she wants (let’s say he can use the Lasso of Lies to make that possible). All she has to do is go kill Jack (the little boy who was a huge Wondy fan from earlier in King’s run) and toss Jack’s corpse at Diana’s feet. That will hopefully break Diana’s spirit, to see her former best friend murder a child and know that it’s indirectly her fault for letting Cheetah live for all this time because Diana wanted to reform her.

And Cheetah does it. No fake outs or misdirects she straight up kills Jack for her own selfish gain.

Like I said it’s pretty damn edgy, but if you want to cement Cheetah as the worst of the worst… that would do it. But then Cheetah is not a sympathetic villain anymore. No more feeling sorry for her, Barbara had plenty of chances to be turned back to normal, she rejected them because fundamentally she doesn’t want normal. She wants power.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-16-2024 at 08:48 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Sov wants to break Diana. He offers to help Cheetah be able to shift back and forth between her human and werecheetah forms like she wants (let’s say he can use the Lasso of Lies to make that possible). All she has to do is go kill Jack (the little boy who was a huge Wondy fan from earlier in King’s run) and toss Jack’s corpse at Diana’s feet. That will hopefully break Diana’s spirit, to see her former best friend murder a child and know that it’s indirectly her fault for letting Cheetah live for all this time because Diana wanted to reform her.

And Cheetah does it. No fake outs or misdirects she straight up kills Jack for her own selfish gain.

Like I said it’s pretty damn edgy, but if you want to cement Cheetah as the worst of the worst… that would do it. But then Cheetah is not a sympathetic villain anymore. No more feeling sorry for her, Barbara had plenty of chances to be turned back to normal, she rejected them because fundamentally she doesn’t want normal. She wants power.
    That is cold Likelihood of TK actually doing something like this?

If King/DC really wants to cement Cheetah as the archnemesis… you have to take away her sympathetic nature I feel. She’s gotta do something heinous to really show why she’s a cut above the rest. I know what I would do but it’s so edgy it would DEFINITELY make some people mad lol.
    Hmmmm I don’t think you have to get rid of the sympathetic element. Callisto was Xenia’s arch enemy for almost the entire series and she had sympathetic motives while simultaneously being bat-sh*t crazy, dangerous and an awful person. And every bad thing she did she was able to justify to herself by spouting “Xena killed my family”, which in her eyes totally absolved her of her terrible acts.

So I don’t really agree that an arc nemesis can’t be sympathetic.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

That Jimenez cover is so gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    He definitely wouldn't, for a number of reasons but above all because he's said many times that he prefers Cheetah as a frenemy.

I have a feeling Cheetah's gonna get recruited to finish Diana off and wind up betraying Sovereign to help her.

Oh, wow. You don't mess around, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    Hmm, I'd be pretty surprised. I think King's said that's not what he's going for in more of his current stories.

Fantastic Member

The problem is that Cheetah will be doing it on the orders of Sovereign. So it cements Sovereign as the worst and Cheetah as just the lackey who did the dirty work. It would basically make her the Bullseye to Sov's Kingpin. Bullseye is cool but Kingpin is considered the real archenemy of Daredevil.

If Cheeath is to be cemented as the main villain of Diana, she needs an arc of her own where she accomplishes something. Not be a mere pawn in the game played by Sovereign.