Page 152 of 201 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3010

https://www.youtube.com/live/4mqCzbg...ZjcjTTxOLUOEbn

-Each issue of WW is meant to focus on a different trait of WW that shows how awesome she is, first issue is her as a rebel, second is her as a soldier, third is about her pacifism via beating an army without throwing a punch, fourth is about her compassion, the fifth is about her as a leader. Diana doesn’t want to be a leader, she wants to face the danger by herself, but the Wonder Girls insist on standing by her
    -Wants to highlight her Rogues, what we see is only the beginning there will be more. He doesn’t want to do 6 issue arcs with one villain, he wanted to bring a bunch in right at the start.
    -Praises his editor, Brittany is in charge of all Wondy stuff at DC, she is the one coordinating the Wondy books. King isn’t really coordinating with Josie Campbell or anyone else, he leaves that to the editors. Brittany goes back to his Mister Miracle days
    -Yara is brash, arrogant, talks trash. Cassie doesn’t have all the confidence in the world, she’s still learning who she is. Loves her from Johns TT, says he likes her falling in love with Tim (lmao not sure if he’s just screwing up Tim with Conner or if he actually liked Cassie/Tim). Donna is of course the sister who knows you better than you know yourself. Wanted to make sure they all felt and sounded different because sometimes they all get lumped together with no differentiation.
    -Cassie was his favorite to write
    -6th issue just got signed off today, it’s a huge action issue and end of first arc with a huge cliffhanger. It’s about Diana being an awesome superhero fighter with cool fight scenes
    -Sov doesn’t have his own meta team, WW is the first person he or his family hasn’t been able to control
    -Personally he thinks Diana was mid 20s when she met Steve and is about mid 30s now. Her actual age is tough to say because of how immortality works on Themyscaria
    -Love to work with Dan Mora, jokes that Waid won’t let him, Jorge Jimenez would be cool to work with too

That it for Wondy stuff in part 1, I’ll share anything Wondy related in part 2
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Interestingly enough, Marvel's own version of Morgan Le Fay, who used to be the arch enemy of Marvel's then-main solo female character (Spider-Woman) had purple hair and a green dress:
    I noticed that, too. Always figured George was inspired by Infantino's haunting Morgan.

I think Kirby's DC 'Morgaine' was stranger, than her Marvel counterpart, in a cool way, ..and I love what John Byrne did with her.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

-Each issue of WW is meant to focus on a different trait of WW that shows how awesome she is, first issue is her as a rebel, second is her as a soldier, third is about her pacifism via beating an army without throwing a punch, fourth is about her compassion, the fifth is about her as a leader. Diana doesn’t want to be a leader, she wants to face the danger by herself, but the Wonder Girls insist on standing by her
    -Wants to highlight her Rogues, what we see is only the beginning there will be more. He doesn’t want to do 6 issue arcs with one villain, he wanted to bring a bunch in right at the start.
    -Praises his editor, Brittany is in charge of all Wondy stuff at DC, she is the one coordinating the Wondy books. King isn’t really coordinating with Josie Campbell or anyone else, he leaves that to the editors. Brittany goes back to his Mister Miracle days
    -Yara is brash, arrogant, talks trash. Cassie doesn’t have all the confidence in the world, she’s still learning who she is. Loves her from Johns TT, says he likes her falling in love with Tim (lmao not sure if he’s just screwing up Tim with Conner or if he actually liked Cassie/Tim). Donna is of course the sister who knows you better than you know yourself. Wanted to make sure they all felt and sounded different because sometimes they all get lumped together with no differentiation.
    -6th issue just got signed off today, it’s a huge action issue and end of first arc with a huge cliffhanger. It’s about Diana being an awesome superhero fighter with cool fight scenes
    -Sov doesn’t have his own meta team, WW is the first person he or his family hasn’t been able to control
    -Personally he thinks Diana was mid 20s when she met Steve and is about mid 30s now. Her actual age is tough to say because of how immortality works on Themyscaria
    -Love to work with Dan Mora, jokes that Waid won’t let him, Jorge Jimenez would be cool to work with too

I appreciate his love for Cassie though only he would appreciate the drama of her relationship with Tim .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ty for the recap.

Brittany doesn't really much to coordinate between lol. There's a 1 WW fam special every 6 months but maybe she's also in charge of the likes of Donna and getting info to Titans?

Glad he loves Cassie. Hopefully he meant Conner because....her relationship with Tim was brief as hell.

Hopefully this means he'll continue to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Ty for the recap.

Brittany doesn't really much to coordinate between lol. There's a 1 WW fam special every 6 months but maybe she's also in charge of the likes of Donna and getting info to Titans?

Glad he loves Cassie. Hopefully he meant Conner because....her relationship with Tim was brief as hell.

Hopefully this means he'll continue to use them.
    What’s her Twitter?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    What’s her Twitter?
    https://twitter.com/ms_brittanyjean?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Personally, I prefer when they look like gauntlets.

Because they do more than just block bullets.
    I don't care for the bracelets because they remind me of the TV show. I did not hate the TV show, but it was a product of its time, and it was quite...meh (except for Carter's luminous performance). Gauntlets make Diana feel more...badass (in my opinion)...just like I will forever prefer the modern quasi-armored look with battleskirt and a better covered chest than the American flag bathing suit/bustier look.

In defense of Brittany, I'm gonna say that when we had many wonderfam titles going on there seemed to be a big coherence between the titles, or at least bigger than other superhero fam franchises.

Trial of the Amazons is not precisely my favorite comic, but I never saw a gret lack of consistency between the diferent comics. I didn't fully like it for other reasons.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Thanks for the recap! Glad to hear that more rogues are on the way!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Huh! Still feel the first couple issues are a little weak, but its fascinating to know there was themeing involved in all of this.
    Hmm...I wonder how many things describe Wonder Woman if he is continuing to use this, or if the next issue is the last of these...

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

While I don’t completely dislike or love Sovereign, I have enjoyed the narration device thus far. I hope it doesn’t continue through the entire run though. But it’s what King does, some sort of external narrator. I do like what he said about Diana being the first meta he’s encountered and that he does not have a similar meta team of his own.

Funny thing about him wanting to work with Mora though… while both are among the top echelon of their respective crafts (tho I’m sure some would disagree on King ), I’m not sure that Mora’s style would go well with his writing. Would have to be the right book/characters, IMO.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

They totally interchanged the art cover and art credits, lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Guessing Diana will be the first person ever to resist/defeat the Lasso of Lies. At least I hope so over her getting saved by someone else.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Morey’s colors really pop here (WW #5):

IMG_2464.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog