Page 117 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3009

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I can't tell whether to be impressed that Steel still has the cahones to pull a gun on Diana or laugh that he's stupid enough to have just pulled a gun on Diana

Prolly a mix of both
    Bit of both, yeah. You kinda have to admire the balls it takes to pull a gun on Diana, but at the same time you've got to be a special kind of dumb to try it.

Art is fantastic, of course. If nothing else this book is worth buying just for the pictures. And I love how relaxed-yet-proper Diana's posture is, she makes that chair look like a throne.

Finally got to the LCS and read #2. It's good. I'm not overly fond of how King is writing Steel, he was always a dick but this is a level of 'sexist d-bag' that doesn't really fit the character, from what I've seen/remember. And I wish King was acknowledging that Steel and Diana had worked together in the past. I didn't care much for that run but there's no need to ignore history either, and the two of them having an established relationship before all the current stuff happened would've made the conflict between them more interesting, I think.

But I greatly enjoyed the issue. Like a lot of posters here, I don't trust King very far, especially with someone on Diana's level. But two issues deep and I got no reason to complain, he's writing her as a compassionate badass, she's stomping the patriarchy into dust, and King has given her a badass feat with, I presume, plenty more on the way.

The stuff with Steve is interesting and fun, and if not for King's own statements about the character (and Etta) I'd be enjoying this a lot more. I don't mind the two of them being on opposite sides here; they don't seem to be at odds personally, duty and responsibility are just pulling them in different directions (nothing new) and Steve is clearly still rooting for Diana. This is the kind of subplot tension and drama that Steve can excel at, and it allows an exploration of military culture that isn't so monolithic. If I was confident that King would continue to handle the two of them like this I'd be perfectly content with the situation. I just worry that King will push too far and cross a line with Steve that'll be hard to walk back.

The hell is Etta? I've skipped the last couple creative teams so I have no idea where she's at, if she was even used, but that girl wouldn't let Diana face all this without a friend in her corner. Skipping Amazons Attack because I'll never read another story with that name again, maybe Etta's showing up there or something?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This is really amazing news! This is how it should always be! Diana is and always will be that girl!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Love to hear it. ANd new art which is always great.

Great news! Glad to see Diana selling well again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Great news!
    Also is this the first we have seen of her flying this run? (yeah i know it's only two issues and this is a cover)

If Gunn is already using Circe I bet she shows up in King’s run soon too. Given how much Gunn loves King’s work I’m sure he’s pushing King to use some of the classic Wondy characters so Gunn can have material to use for adapting them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman #3 Art by Daniel Sampere

https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...45011710329303

The fact the tiara is getting so much play in this run is really nice to see. It seems that it's often forgotten about, but she needs the offensive weaponry it provides, as this scene illustrates. She could have used the lasso but that wouldn't have displayed her tired, passive-aggressive, almost bored response to the AXE soldiers the way casually tossing out her tiara did.

How do you feel about the new boots? They're not as armored anymore, they look as if they're made from superhero performance rubber or something. I like how the gold detail on her heels and ankles are reminiscent of the Sandals of Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I love her nonchalant attitude. A fun contrast to the elevator fight in Captain America.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I love her nonchalant attitude. A fun contrast to the elevator fight in Captain America.
    Yeah it’s pretty great, and perfectly captured by Sampere. Oh, and that chair scene too.

IMG_2289.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

It makes sense she's bored here, she just crushed the USA military industry one month ago

I love me some tiara action. Though it's kind of weird seeing her without the tiara on her forehead.

Also she only needed to block one bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    It makes sense she's bored here, she just crushed the USA military industry one month ago
    We know exactly why Steel tries to up their firepower with something in the next few issues.

Fantastic Member

The action so far looks fine, but by the third issue she is still fighting non-powered soldiers. Hard to get excited about a powerhouse like Diana just flexing on regular humans. They desperately need unique, interesting enemies for her to fight.

I doubt DC would have a high profile Batman story where he would be fighting bank robbers across 3 issues.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

This is downright delicious. I love the increased use of the tiara as a weapon in this run. Diana is written as incredibly competent and drop-dead gorgeous.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.