Page 170 of 201 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3010
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Priscilla beat the crap out of Superman in the BaTB cartoon, through a combo of magic and scheming. If they just did more of that consistently, people wouldn't have trouble buying her as both a physical and scheming threat.

Which is what they should be doing. Don't remove her as a physical threat, just have her be more clever and cautious on when she picks her battles. Have her concoct schemes that indirectly wear Diana down before going in for the direct fight. Also, don't rely just on the Cheetah powers. She's an archaeologist/treasure hunter in the DCU. It's not the characters fault writers forget her background

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    No. She’s pack to looking like a body painted lady. :/
    The more human-esque she is the more sympathetic she’s portrayed I find. Given she looked very human as drawn by Sampere I think King will continue her being an uneasy ally of Diana from the previous run. I expect Cheetah will get her own issue diving into the relationship between her and Diana like Steve is getting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The more human-esque she is the more sympathetic she’s portrayed I find. Given she looked very human as drawn by Sampere I think King will continue her being an uneasy ally of Diana from the previous run. I expect Cheetah will get her own issue diving into the relationship between her and Diana like Steve is getting.
    Unless Sampere starts drawing her like Cappuccio draws Tigra then the human-eaque look just isn't gonna jive with me. You can make her look creepy like that, but so many artist just...don't....

(Not that many artists were great at drawing Sharps design either. )

Cappuccio's Tigra

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Shoving Bane like this should be nothing to Cheetah. Unfortunately, not terribly impressive all thing considered.

Yeah. This is why they should either put the character out to pasture or just try a different approach other than being a physical threat. Because no one's buying the latter.
    It is not difficult to buy the latter. You just need good writing that doesn't treat Cheetah as a jobber for street levelers.

WW hits as hard as shazam..jpg

Also Cheetah's speed, healing factor, her magic claws and fangs should play a bigger part in fighting WW than just pure strength.

Cheetah 3.jpg

Cheetah as fast as Flash.jpg
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 02-25-2024 at 04:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wow! Tigra is looking more and more like the 'monster' she was created to be instead of a cute, sexy tiger lady as she's been portrayed in more recent history.

Shoving Bane like this should be nothing to Cheetah. Unfortunately, not terribly impressive all thing considered.
    Well, Bane is generally regarded as being one of the strongest male characters in the DCU (if not Metahuman strong) so it's still a flex.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Wow! Tigra is looking more and more like the 'monster' she was created to be instead of a cute, sexy tiger lady as she's been portrayed in more recent history.
    She's been having a rough go of it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Bane is generally regarded as being one of the strongest male characters in the DCU (if not Metahuman strong) so it's still a flex.
    Its also a good showcase of where the Secret Six stand power-level wise.

At that point their line-up constitutes of Bane, Scandal Savage, Catman, Deadshot, Ragdoll, with only Jeannette as their outright methuman member with Bane as their strongest human fighter.

The fact Bane is manhandled so easily manhandled by a person with superpowers shows where the Six stand on the totem pole of power and how hard things are going to be for them.

If any writer could've done something memorable with her I would've thought it would've been Rucka, but alas...

Practically the only thing they haven't tried yet. I don't know why they haven't so far, but at this point, they have nothing to lose with the character. Lord knows trying to make her a physical threat isn't sticking.
    In Minerva's first appearance, she tried to trick Diana into giving her the Lasso.

Even besides that, the Golden Age Cheetah relied on her brains, so it's not like they haven't tried this direction.

Yeah. This is why they should either put the character out to pasture or just try a different approach other than being a physical threat. Because no one's buying the latter.
    Well, you aren't and that's your right. But it doesn't mean no one else does or will.

That's one scene when she's angry. She's been drawn like a cute cat girl for most of the run, albeit with more clothes on than usual.

Tigra was never meant to be seen as monstrous.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Honestly the solution with Cheetah is just keep using her in bigger stories. You never know what will be done with a character that will make them pop.

Sure she doesn't have the best usage but shelving her is the worst thing that can happen to her, because that would negate any possibility of her doing cool stuff in the future.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm really hoping that with King drawing inspiration from both Perez & Jimenez's runs, he'll present Cheetah as a serious & credible physical threat to Diana when they comes to blows again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In Minerva's first appearance, she tried to trick Diana into giving her the Lasso.

Even besides that, the Golden Age Cheetah relied on her brains, so it's not like they haven't tried this direction.
    So perhaps it's time to revisit it. I mean, the Golden Age was quite awhile ago after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, you aren't and that's your right. But it doesn't mean no one else does or will.
    I don't remember where I said otherwise.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Tigra was CREATED to be a cute, sexy, tiger lady. This was literally her first appearance inside a comic book.

It irks me when people try to rewrite history to fit their narrative, well meaning though it is. It's also bothersome the implication that one can't be cute/sexy/attractive and be seen as powerful, that you have to get ugly to be taken seriously.