Page 195 of 201 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3010

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I don't see Sovereign having a lot of staying power after King has left the book. We'll be adding him to the list along with White Magician, Devastation, Genocide and First Born of villains who don't really get used by any other writers besides their creators.
    I mean, thsi run starts with Sovereign longing on a prison since before Trinity was even born. He himself tells us Wonder Woman completely destroyed him. The story its made to leave it clear that Sovereign is an exclusive villain for this specific story.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I mean, thsi run starts with Sovereign longing on a prison since before Trinity was even born. He himself tells us Wonder Woman completely destroyed him. The story its made to leave it clear that Sovereign is an exclusive villain for this specific story.
    That doesn't really work for someone that's promoted as WW's Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That doesn't really work for someone that's promoted as WW's Joker.
    Um? On all this run's marketing as far as I can see this comic has been sold as "Wonder Woman vs USA". Haven't seen that much marketing takes on "This guy is the ultimate Wonder Woman's villain". Again, we know what happens with him. He's defeated and imprisoned for life. It's a recurring villain, is a one-time-big bad guy that loses so badly that disappears from the scene.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-18-2024 at 10:04 AM.

So the book is getting derailed by Waid's event, but it's still written by King
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/18/dc...er-2024-event/

And she's not even fighting her own villain, because of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    So the book is getting derailed by Waid's event, but it's still written by King
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/18/dc...er-2024-event/

And she's not even fighting her own villain, because of course.
    Well, I didn't expect this to be written by Tom King at all, or to happen on the main series of all places. Also, amazo as a villain? The Justice League Dark? (first time King writing John Constantine and Bobo?) The transition from 10 to 11 is going to be curious.

Oh, well, anything to give Sampere a little rest.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-18-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Re-reading the issue solicit for 11 makes it seem like it'd be a place to stop the story for now, so hopefully this won't be like the Superman issue.

Hopefully it's mainly so Sampere can catchup back when the event is over. I'd have dropped the book of Waid took over like what was speculated.

I know people go gaga for Mora whenever he draws a stick figure on a napkin but that WW is about as generic as possible, not even the lasso in any sight. Sampere at least understood the assignment.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-18-2024 at 10:13 AM.

So issues 11, 12 & 13 will be tie-ins for that event? fck!
    The events of DC ruining writter's runs since 1987.

Fantastic Member

Yeah three issues are supposed to be tie-ins. At least King is writing them so there won't be a full shift in story.

But once again DC shows how little they care about Wonder Woman by stopping the best selling she has been in over 2 decades probably.

I was excited, thinking that we were going to have two Wonder Woman titles during those months, the main one from King and the event titles. I am so delusional.

In the meantime WTF is this shhht

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    So issues 11, 12 & 13 will be tie-ins for that event? fck!
    The events of DC ruining writter's runs since 1987.
    Just checked on the AIPT comuniquée.

There's nothing indicating this will be exactly three issues, but Absolute Power will last 4, with only one number on july. I guess DC doesn't want to anounce how much will the tie-ins last so that people doesn't run away?

I know that the leaks said there were going to be 3, but the 2nd Wondy TPB is from 7 to 12. I guess it was just a placeholder? This all seems like a last-minute decission to me tbh.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-18-2024 at 10:49 AM.

Fantastic Member

Just checked on the AIPT comuniquée.

There's nothing indicatign this will be exactly three issues, but Absolute Power will last 4. I guess DC doesn't want to anounce how much will the tie-ins last so that people doesn't run away?
    It was leaked earlier that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman would have three issues tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    It was leaked earlier that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman would have three issues tie-ins.
    I know, I know. But not having the plot or Sampere until october at minimum is going to hurt, us and the sales. But when they get lower I dont wanna wonderfans here goin like "see, toldya King doesnt sell that much" or people acting like this won't be DC's fault.

Fantastic Member

I know, I know. But not having the plot or Sampere until october at minimum is going to hurt, us and the sales. But when they get lower I dont wanna wonderfans here goin like "see, toldya King doesnt sell that much" or people acting like this won't be DC's fault.
    People here won't blame King, but Twitter absolutely will blame King. They hate him.

I was excited, thinking that we were going to have two Wonder Woman titles during those months, the main one from King and the event titles. I am so delusional.

Is it because it's a Warrior Woman look?