Page 145 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3009

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

...we're still with THAT Design?

If people hate Trinity..they will despise Yara in this issue

Wow, that dialogue between the Wonders is...rough. "Chattering?" Also King doesn't know how to write Yara.

Is there any real reason for Giganta to have a giant cell? Would she want to be giant 24/7? Shouldn't you be negating her powers?

Why will they not move past this Circe design? Is it out of respect for Rucka/Evely? I'm not sure Sampere could come up with something better but still. Oh, I guess the pigs are a mythological Circe reference.

"I did not have a sidekick" - even though canonically Donna and Cassie were still your sidekicks.

By the gods, now Yara is allergic to contractions as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’s not called the Spirit of Truth for nothing.
    I don't think her creator, William Moulton Marston, saw her that way.

As I see it, Dr. Marston's Wonder Woman weaponized the power of truth in her Golden Lasso, to fight for love and freedom. She believed, as I do -as many here do -that free societies, where peace flourishes, must always be ruled by love and truth. I don't think she's championing truth for truth's sake, as modern fans and writers seem to understand.

The children and parents and writers of the post-Cold War and Oprah Age have re-imagined Wonder Woman as a goddess of truth. I think we've pushed truth, through personal disclosure...however relevant or immaterial, to the forefront of what we need Wonder Woman to symbolize to us, ..because we're obsessed with public disclosure, political transparency and, through social media, instant affirmation for what we disclose about ourselves. Like the rest of America, we want to disclose things, secret pain, personal struggles...ANY-thing that might be deemed socially or politically relevant, ..and be applauded for it -that's the Oprah Age.

As an added bonus, ..we Wonder Woman fans have a ready-made, iconic, pop art Goddess of Truth, wrapped up in soft feminism, pretentions to classical literature and liberal politics...to justify our obsessive desire to disclose our truths. All of this Spirit of Truth business is fairly new, actually -not even as old as Lynda's TV show.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-12-2024 at 12:31 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, that dialogue between the Wonders is...rough. "Chattering?" Also King doesn't know how to write Yara.

Is there any real reason for Giganta to have a giant cell? Would she want to be giant 24/7? Shouldn't you be negating her powers?

Why will they not move past this Circe design? Is it out of respect for Rucka/Evely? I'm not sure Sampere could come up with something better but still. Oh, I guess the pigs are a mythological Circe reference.

"I did not have a sidekick" - even though canonically Donna and Cassie were still your sidekicks.
    Yeah I’m disappointed Circe didn’t get a redesign. I think it’s less out of “respect” and more that it kinda fits with the realistic tone King is going for - but it’s boring! It’s not a great design, it’s something a CW adaption would wear. Hopefully if Circe really is in Creature Commandoes, synergy will force them to change it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The bit about Giganta is funny though. Will Silver Swan get the same treatment? "Some say she was like a sister to her. Others say that she was just an acquaintance"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’m disappointed Circe didn’t get a redesign. I think it’s less out of “respect” and more that it kinda fits with the realistic tone King is going for - but it’s boring! It’s not a great design, it’s something a CW adaption would wear. Hopefully if Circe really is in Creature Commandoes, synergy will force them to change it.
    I mean, this run isn't even that realistic .

I for one am glad they're not going to try to "David Bowie" Anya Chalotra.

Astonishing Member

Is there any real reason for Giganta to have a giant cell? Would she want to be giant 24/7? Shouldn't you be negating her

I guess this takes place after Beast World, since Giganta was free there. How the heck did they manage to recruit Circe?

Donna and Cassie have been sidekicks in name only for a while now, Diana barely interacts with them.
    Last edited by king81992; 01-12-2024 at 12:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As far Giggy...if she's captured as a giant they need a giant cage

It looks like Circe turned steel into a pig. I would love for Circe to have a new design and some long dramatic hair!!! Hopefully she puts on her work clothes when she sees Diana.

Fantastic Member

I have not minded King’s voice of Diana and others much until now, but this I did not like neither Diana or Yara.
    And like others have said that Circe design has to go. It’s the worst/most boring design for her ever.

Oof...that dialogue is rough. I get that Diana and Yara are bantering and teasing each other, but it's ruined by the overly formal, robotic phrasing. And why the hell is Yara even talking like that at all?

Disappointed that Circe is going to be a hired grunt--and still shackled to that design--but I appreciate the Sovereign at least acknowledged turning to her is dangerous.
    Hopefully she'll assert herself and make him eat his "she'll bow to her better" words.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Oof...that dialogue is rough. I get that Diana and Yara are bantering and teasing each other, but it's ruined by the overly formal, robotic phrasing. And why the hell is Yara even talking like that at all?

Disappointed that Circe is going to be a hired grunt--and still shackled to that design--but I appreciate the Sovereign at least acknowledged turning to her is dangerous.
    Hopefully she'll assert herself and make him eat his "she'll bow to her better" words.
    Even King's attempt at a Valley Girl teenager would sound more like Yara than this does.

Yeah, I would have left her recruitment at just turning Steel into a pig but I guess she just wants the excuse to screw with Diana.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Circe design has always been fine as one of her looks, and I don't mind it showing up here to show consistency with Rucka's run. But I would prefer if she switches up something else when it comes time to go into battle.

The Wonder Girls stuff is weird, but I'm intrigued for what's gonna set Donna apart from the other two. If there is a need to get through to Diana on something, it will be Donna.