Page 191 of 201 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3010
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lizzie hasn't been around that long. There's still plenty of time to course correct and pair her with the Amazons
    Yeah, but the start she had doesn't fill me with a lot of hope.

Was it really necessary for Lizzie to get thrown in teamups with Supersons before she even shared a panel with her own mother? Imagine if Damian was introduced in this manner.

The treatment of Lizzie shows where King's priorities lie, he wanted to write more Supersons stories and this was a way for that. Even if he tries to course correct, I am not sure his heart will be in it, considering the entire reason he gave Wonder Woman a daughter was to have a child for Supersons to babysit (originally it was supposed to be Scott Free and Barda's kid). Nothing to do with what it would mean for Wonder Woman as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    And highest non-Batman or Justice League book. Also a bigger gap down to the third highest character (Superman is in Worlds Finest true, but it also has Batman) than it has been previously.
    Surprised at no Detective Comics in the top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Kind of weird seeing Batman title at 5.
    Never doubt the desire for a possibly good Spider-Man series and X-Men nostalgia.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    King will only do 100 issues of this run if he thinks he can churn out 100 issues worth of his backup Supersons stories.

Unfortunately, like a lot of writers, King's interest in Wonder Woman is only in reference to Superman and Batman. He even defined her as the middle point between Superman and Batman in his last issue. And he has spent more time connecting Lizzie to Supersons than to WW or the Amazons.
    Didn’t King say somewhere he was trying to get on Superman but couldn’t? While I like King’s run, why write the book if you’re not very interested in the character you’re writing about ��
    Last edited by VaLoa; 04-09-2024 at 08:58 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That’s weird too. Didn’t notice that. I don’t think these charts are accurate because no way Detective Comics would just disappear like that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Detective wasn't there in February either, but overall yeah surprised it isn't there. Good time for someone to take over from Ram V.

I don't think that Ram's Detective run did very well when you compare to other Detective runs. There was good amount of hype early on, but it died off very quickly.

Yeah, but the start she had doesn't fill me with a lot of hope.

Was it really necessary for Lizzie to get thrown in teamups with Supersons before she even shared a panel with her own mother? Imagine if Damian was introduced in this manner.

The treatment of Lizzie shows where King's priorities lie, he wanted to write more Supersons stories and this was a way for that. Even if he tries to course correct, I am not sure his heart will be in it, considering the entire reason he gave Wonder Woman a daughter was to have a child for Supersons to babysit (originally it was supposed to be Scott Free and Barda's kid). Nothing to do with what it would mean for Wonder Woman as a character.
    King hasn't tried hard to hide the fact that he seems mostly interested in the "Trinity" aspect of all the kids together.

I think that's separate from his writing for Diana though.

Fantastic Member

Didn’t King say somewhere he was trying to get on Superman but couldn’t? While I like King’s run, why write the book if you’re not very interested in the character you’re writing about ��
    I am not a fan of King, but if he can't get the character he wants to write, who can? He is among the highest profile writers in the industry and even James Gunn has been talking bout how much he loves his works.

I thought someone in King's position would easily get Superman. It's not like Superman is DC's highest seller either.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I am not a fan of King, but if he can't get the character he wants to write, who can? He is among the highest profile writers in the industry and even James Gunn has been talking bout how much he loves his works.

I thought someone in King's position would easily get Superman. It's not like Superman is DC's highest seller either.
    The times he pitched Superman were when they already had other teams already lined up for the book.

But yeah, why wouldn’t he write WW just because his first choice was taken? How many writers are writing their favorite character all the time? He does like Diana, so why wouldn’t he take the book? It’d be diff if he flat out disliked her, which he does not.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

That’s weird too. Didn’t notice that. I don’t think these charts are accurate because no way Detective Comics would just disappear like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Detective wasn't there in February either, but overall yeah surprised it isn't there. Good time for someone to take over from Ram V.
    They do have a small sample to pull from, and I believe creatives have even publicly said so, so yeah probably not entirely reliable but still surprised even a small sampling didn't have it in there.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/09/jo...oogle_vignette

I suppose this confirms that we will continue to have the main series despite that Absolute Power event -rolleyes-,
    there was a rumor that they said they were going to stop publishing it for three months due to the tie-in

Subjected to the lasso of lies

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ad for the upcoming issue

Im curious if the Trinity mention on the front cover is as big a sell as they might want it to be

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/09/jo...oogle_vignette

I suppose this confirms that we will continue to have the main series despite that Absolute Power event -rolleyes-,
    there was a rumor that they said they were going to stop publishing it for three months due to the tie-in

Last time they halted mainline books for an event didn't end up so well, lol

On another note, what a cover.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog