Page 196 of 201 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hey, I liked his take on the mini story for the 80th aniversary. Nothing ofensive, tbh. Which is more than what I can say about Injustice...

Screenshot_20240418-153028.jpg

Ok, so it's actually just two numbers, on september the actual plot comes back
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-18-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I was excited, thinking that we were going to have two Wonder Woman titles during those months, the main one from King and the event titles. I am so delusional.

In the meantime WTF is this shhht

Optimistically, it may mean the sword & shield WW is being shoveled off to the Absolute universe and we'll get more lasso & bracelets WW in the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Hey, I liked his take on the mini story for the 80th aniversary. Nothing ofensive, tbh. Which is more than what I can say about Injustice...

Screenshot_20240418-153028.jpg

Ok, so it's actually just two numbers, on september the actual plot comes back
    It's three;

July 17th - first tie in
    August - second tie in
    September - third tie in

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Optimistically, it may mean the sword & shield WW is being shoveled off to the Absolute universe and we'll get more lasso & bracelets WW in the main universe.
    I think this is more like a situation where she'd occasionally pull out the sword and shield for certain storylines rather than it being her go-to arsenal.

Fantastic Member

It's three;

July 17th - first tie in
    August - second tie in
    September - third tie in
    And Wonder Woman 10 leading in. Interesting to see how that will go. Diana defeats Sovereign and Waller takes over.

It's three;

July 17th - first tie in
    August - second tie in
    September - third tie in
    My life is one of eternal pain

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is more like a situation where she'd occasionally pull out the sword and shield for certain storylines rather than it being her go-to arsenal.
    Certain storylines doesn't mean anything when writers use every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    And Wonder Woman 10 leading in. Interesting to see how that will go. Diana defeats Sovereign and Waller takes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    My life is one of eternal pain
    Yeah, I'll wait until we get solicits for the other two issues but might just drop the book again until this event goes away.

Interesting. On this event we have a sinister alliance of villains dubbed the "Trinity of Evil" in which one character has a link to Batman (Failsafe), another character has a link to Superman (Brainiac Queen), and the third member has a link to Wonder Woman..,PSYCH! I am just kidding! It's Amanda Waller.

Seriously, wtf???

SO many great (and greatly underused) Wonder Woman villains, and they use Amanda fricking Waller as the third member of the Evil Trinity? What kind of fu**ery is this? If Absolute Power truly "aims to eliminate all metahumans in the DC Universe" and both Failsafe and Brainiac Queen are androids, why not use Dr. Cyber as the third member of this unholy trinity of evil?

Fantastic Member

It's three;

July 17th - first tie in
    August - second tie in
    September - third tie in
    What is even the point in reading comics on a monthly basis if the arc come to a halt after just 9 issues just to tie into some pointless crossover with a generic plot. A 3 month break from the ongoing story is crazy, a lot of readers will drop it and never return.

I swear it like comic industries are working towards sabotaging themselves.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Interesting. On this event we have a sinister alliance of villains dubbed the "Trinity of Evil" in which one character has a link to Batman (Failsafe), another character has a link to Superman (Brainiac Queen), and the third member has a link to Wonder Woman..,PSYCH! I am just kidding! It's Amanda Waller.

Seriously, wtf???

SO many great (and greatly underused) Wonder Woman villains, and they use Amanda fricking Waller as the third member of the Evil Trinity? What kind of fu**ery is this? If Absolute Power truly "aims to eliminate all metahumans in the DC Universe" and both Failsafe and Brainiac Queen are androids, why not use Dr. Cyber as the third member of this unholy trinity of evil?
    This is like when Bruce Timm made Gods and Monsters where the alternate Superman and Batman are connected to those charters while alternate Wonder Woman is a character totally unrelated to Diana and her world.

The concept of Trinity is just lip service, it has always done more harm to Wonder Woman than any good. DC should officially make Harley the third member of Trinity and let Wonder Woman do her own thing.

Fantastic Member

The problem is that nowadays writers treat every storyline as some sort of world ending event which requires the heroes to use all their powers to survive. So Wonder Woman will end up using the sword every time.

Small scale arcs are a thing of the past, now its all about one upping the previous story in terms of the stakes.

Can we really be sure King won't find a good stopping point for the arc by then?
    Certain storylines doesn't mean anything when writers use every chance they get. .
    But it effects every Big Seven Leaguer and not just Diana. I mean, Hal Jordan is just wearing his pilot suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    The problem is that nowadays writers treat every storyline as some sort of world ending event which requires the heroes to use all their powers to survive. So Wonder Woman will end up using the sword every time.

Small scale arcs are a thing of the past, now its all about one upping the previous story in terms of the stakes.
    At least it's not happening in the current storyline.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Daniel confirmed the 3 WW tie-in issues.

The main story is on hold but the current arc will be wrapped up
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-18-2024 at 02:32 PM.

But it effects every Big Seven Leaguer and not just Diana. I mean, Hal Jordan is just wearing his pilot suit.
    So an event affecting the whole League is an excuse to trot out another use for Waid to write aloof Warrior Woman? Right after we had an issue which made a point of WW not using the sword despite Amazons being killed by the government?

Sorry not sorry to the rest of the League but I don't see WW's relationship with them trumping her actual people

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So an event affecting the whole League is an excuse to trot out another use for Waid to write aloof Warrior Woman? Right after we had an issue which made a point of WW not using the sword despite Amazons being killed by the government?

Sorry not sorry to the rest of the League but I don't see WW's relationship with them trumping her actual people
    Diana vs a robot stealing powers id say is a valid reason to use a sword. Even if Waid has had her use it in the past.

Though I'm more concerned about the synergy between the main event and her solo tie-ins. If W/T write 2 different Diana's it'll be annoying