Page 171 of 201 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3009

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    It is not difficult to buy the latter. You just need good writing that doesn't treat Cheetah as a jobber for street levelers.

Attachment 137992

Also Cheetah's speed, healing factor, her magic claws and fangs should play a bigger part in fighting WW than just pure strength.

Attachment 137993

Attachment 137994
    DC Editors should do their job: why hasn't anyone at DC forbidden any writer, PERIOD, from making a joke of Cheetah? Is that difficult?? (in Glenn Close's Cruella DeVil voice)... If DC really considers Cheetah, Circe and Ares Wonder Woman's villain trinity, they should be purposely presented as credible threats. I am not saying that they cannot appear in cute, goofy and funny projects like Superhero Girls. But they should be portrayed as seriously scary, powerful, lethal threats.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    DC Editors should do their job: why hasn't anyone at DC forbidden any writer, PERIOD, from making a joke of Cheetah? Is that difficult?? (in Glenn Close's Cruella DeVil voice)... If DC really considers Cheetah, Circe and Ares Wonder Woman's villain trinity, they should be purposely presented as credible threats. I am not saying that they cannot appear in cute, goofy and funny projects like Superhero Girls. But they should be portrayed as seriously scary, powerful, lethal threats.

Agreed. I don't think DC would allow other heroes powerful villains like Bizarro, Sinestro, Black Adam, or Trigon get taken out by Catwoman or Green Arrow.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

1. Because Wonder Woman doesn't have its own office, so the editors on Wonder Woman are not of a high enough position to demand any such thing when Batman and Superman have MUCH higher priority within the company, having their own offices and all. This would be fixed by making a Wonder Woman office, though they would need to establish more books in connection to Wonder Woman to justify such a thing. (Be it by either giving her alot of books, or saying more heroes have ties to Diana.)

2. Because when you get right down to it, most heroes have a weak link in their villain trinities.
    Wonder Woman: Ares, Circe, Cheetah
    Batman: Joker, Ras Al Guul, Riddler
    Superman: Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro
    Spiderman: Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Kingpin
    Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom, Kang the Conquerer, Mad Thinker
    X-men: Magneto, Apokolips, Mister Sinister

Just how it goes sometimes

Book seems to still be doing well digitally, around number 5 on comxiology.

I saw this on Twitter. Now, I didn't read Tom King's Batman run, so I can't comment on how accurate or inaccurate it is, but I'm curious what others' thoughts on this are:

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Indeed they should, instead of just giving us empty lipservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I saw this on Twitter. Now, I didn't read Tom King's Batman run, so I can't comment on how accurate or inaccurate it is, but I'm curious what others' thoughts on this are:

While there is some overlap in the Batfamily's dynamics, these characterizations do have some precedent before King's run.

Think that says more about how that person is incapable of viewing anything outside the prism of the Batfamily. Also Damian Wayne being the “responsible” child is insane and I don’t recall anyone in the Batfamily outside of Dick (temporarily) playing much role in King’s Batman run. Feels like a strawman to me.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-27-2024 at 11:28 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Book seems to still be doing well digitally, around number 5 on comxiology.
    Got a link?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That's completely off-base, everyone and their mother knows Tim Drake doesn't have a personality.

There was an issue of his Batman run with a similar premise where he confronts all the relevant Robins before going against Bane, telling them not get involved. But it's handled differently.

As for if their OOC, I don't really see it. I don't reach much Donna Titans stuff or Yara but they seemed to fall within the characterizations people expect of them. Donna being the more down-to-Earth/den mother of the Titans and Yara being someone who doesn't respect traditions/precedent. All of which pre-dates King.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Got a link?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...r_digital-text
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-27-2024 at 11:37 AM.

That's quite a stretch. Other than Yara being a bit over the top, the Wonder Girls were on point.

Feels like King at least did enough research to find out about the debate over how tomboyish Cassie is/has been/should be.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Feels like King at least did enough research to find out about the debate over how tomboyish Cassie is/has been/should be.
    Sometimes I think writers visit the forums, because that's a fairly recent discussion from her Appreciation Thread haha

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sometimes I think writers visit the forums, because that's a fairly recent discussion from her Appreciation Thread haha
    Makes me wonder if he'll back off Vanessa, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Wiki is also a thing.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~