Page 194 of 201 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Wonder Woman has been the highest selling DC book for the whole day so far on Amazon. Interesting to see if that continues, usually World's Finest has outranked it for an hour here and there, but it seems to do "worse" after the Kingdom Come arc.
    Maybe they should put bondage on covers more often

Seems like all the american comics subreddits are full of excerpts from this issue. This run is definitely dragging Wonder Woman closer to the center of attention in the DC universe. I promise I'll stop being smug about predicting this two years ago, but it does make me hopeful that this will represent a new era for Wonder Woman.

I kind of want a brief crossover event 1 year from now to push this further, but that might ruin it

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Seems like all the american comics subreddits are full of excerpts from this issue. This run is definitely dragging Wonder Woman closer to the center of attention in the DC universe. I promise I'll stop being smug about predicting this two years ago, but it does make me hopeful that this will represent a new era for Wonder Woman.

I kind of want a brief crossover event 1 year from now to push this further, but that might ruin it
    Let's see if when King leaves (whenever that happens) DC is able to keep the momentum and sign and spend money on hot top artists.

Alltho, i doubt it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Bondage brings all the Wonder Woman fans to the yard

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They need to bring back the polycule with Siegfried and Steve to fully pay homage to Marston
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Bondage brings all the Wonder Woman fans to the yard
    clearly the venn diagram between wonder woman readers and 50 shades of grey readers is a circle
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

King has sort of hinted that he’d like to do a crossover at some point, and given DC’s sales I wouldn’t be surprised if DC wants to try and spin an event out of his story to try and boost the sales.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

A successful WW lead event would be refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    King has sort of hinted that he’d like to do a crossover at some point, and given DC’s sales I wouldn’t be surprised if DC wants to try and spin an event out of his story to try and boost the sales.
    I dunno, the continuity on DC titles still feels weird. With whom would the event even be? Superman is in the middle of a big event, Batman is also on the middle of another Joker arc, and the titans just ended another event. DC would have to open some new titles, but this year we've barely even seen any number 1s at all.

If DC puts Tom King thru some crossover sheanigans, I highly suspect they would choose Green Arrow to boost his sales (he's not even on the top 100 rn) or Zdarsky's Batman by the end of the year.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Let's see if when King leaves (whenever that happens) DC is able to keep the momentum and sign and spend money on hot top artists.

Alltho, i doubt it.
    It's hard for me to believe that more top talent doesn't want to work on WW. The only thing I can think of for the reason it doesn't more is maybe editorial? IDK.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It's hard for me to believe that more top talent doesn't want to work on WW. The only thing I can think of for the reason it doesn't more is maybe editorial? IDK.
    Top talent are mostly straight male writers who didn't grow up reading WW, so they don't have the same attachment to her as with the male heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think it's mostly just writers seeing writing Diana as intimidating or lack of interest.

Even King kind of alluded to this when he talked about how he ended up with the book, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I dunno, the continuity on DC titles still feels weird. With whom would the event even be? Superman is in the middle of a big event, Batman is also on the middle of another Joker arc, and the titans just ended another event. DC would have to open some new titles, but this year we've barely even seen any number 1s at all.

If DC puts Tom King thru some crossover sheanigans, I highly suspect they would choose Green Arrow to boost his sales (he's not even on the top 100 rn) or Zdarsky's Batman by the end of the year.
    It would be the event for either this Fall or next year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Some of the accounts that publish excerpts on r/DCComics and r/Comicbooks are astroturfing accounts, likely run by DC themselves.

Spectacular Member

I don't see Sovereign having a lot of staying power after King has left the book. We'll be adding him to the list along with White Magician, Devastation, Genocide and First Born of villains who don't really get used by any other writers besides their creators.