Page 169 of 201 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3009
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Cheetah has never been and never will be on equal ground as Diana in a one-on-one confrontation. Attempts to continually elevate her never do much.
    If any writer could've done something memorable with her I would've thought it would've been Rucka, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    In fact, I'd say she was probably Diana's best villain when she didn't even have powers -- was just a psychopath in the Golden Age. Writers should play up her wits, not her powers, if she is to remain a major WW opponent.
    Practically the only thing they haven't tried yet. I don't know why they haven't so far, but at this point, they have nothing to lose with the character. Lord knows trying to make her a physical threat isn't sticking.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    If any writer could've done something memorable with her I would've thought it would've been Rucka, but alas...

Practically the only thing they haven't tried yet. I don't know why they haven't so far, but at this point, they have nothing to lose with the character. Lord knows trying to make her a physical threat isn't sticking.

Only because they are not consistent with it. They have not given Cheeah big feats of power in years, and keep using her vs street levelers. That is the problem.

Spectacular Member

I have one question. Where is Emilie? It all started with her.

If she's been brainwashed by LoL (Lasso of Lies), she could have been recruited to bring in Diana. If she isnt, she should have come to Diana's rescue, fight alongside her. If there has been an Amazon purge, why is she not seen defending her sisters.

My guess is that we find her in #8 in Sovereign's mansion, shocking Diana

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post

If she's been brainwashed by LoL (Lasso of Lies), she could have been recruited to bring in Diana. If she isnt, she should have come to Diana's rescue, fight alongside her. If there has been an Amazon purge, why is she not seen defending her sisters.

Steel is working with Sovvy and has been searching for Emilie so why would she be recruited to bring in Diana? She's the big mystery that will help end the arc so she cant be re-introduced yet.

"Emilie" will forever bother me as an Amazon's name.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    That is only due to bad writing. They have given her enough strength and speed to trade blows with WW and Superman in multiple appearances, she does not need to be as strong as WW. Just strong enough to be able to put up a fight, and combine that with her speed, healing factor and her magic claws and fangs. The only thing needed is they stopped using Cheetah as a jobber for batman characers. Nobody that can take hits from WW should be seen sruggling with catwoman or batman in a physical fight.
    It also sucked how they also had Wonder Woman always beat Cheetah easily in every animated feature.

Is Cheetah still a horror style character that eats people?

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post

I keep forgetting about her.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    It also sucked how they also had Wonder Woman always beat Cheetah easily in every animated feature.
    JL Doom gave her a pretty good showing

Lot less worried about how King will handle Cheetah given issues 5-6 did a pretty good job for the others already brought up.

Problem is Cheetah gets very lousy feats in animation. That needs to change if we are to believe that she can put up a good fight with WW. The thing is that the people saying Cheetah is never going to be on equal footing with Diana in a physical fight. They forget she does not need to be Diana's equal in strength. She just needs to be strong enough, so that combined with her speed, healing/regenerating ability, and her magic claws and fangs, she can actually be an efficient enough opponent. Like even if Diana could take her out in 3 consecutive hits. That still is much more force than any street leveler could ever dream of taking. The real problem is writers that use Cheetah as a jobber for peak human level, or just above peak human level characters. That is the real problem. It should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of Cheetah's best moments. And that is how a fight between peak human or arverage super humans should end vs Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Is Cheetah still a horror style character that eats people?
    No. She’s pack to looking like a body painted lady. :/
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shoving Bane like this should be nothing to Cheetah. Unfortunately, not terribly impressive all thing considered.

Yeah. This is why they should either put the character out to pasture or just try a different approach other than being a physical threat. Because no one's buying the latter.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.