Page 197 of 201 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So an event affecting the whole League is an excuse to trot out another use for Waid to write aloof Warrior Woman? Right after we had an issue which made a point of WW not using the sword despite Amazons being killed by the government?

Sorry not sorry to the rest of the League but I don't see WW's relationship with them trumping her actual people
    I mean, we have no basis for how he's going to be writing Diana outside the fact that she's appearing in the event and King is writing the direct tie-ins?

I don't like seeing Diana with a sword and shield either but I don't think this will be the most egregious instance of it happening.

I just don't know why this couldn't be developed on separate tie-ins. Batman and Superman fans won't mind because they have food on other tables, Wonder Woman has only one table and you're forcing me to eat pizza with pineapple for three months. yes, the pizza may be tasty, and the cook may be the same, but I came here for another menú and you just interrupted my daily diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, we have no basis for how he's going to be writing Diana outside the fact that she's appearing in the event and King is writing the direct tie-ins?

I don't like seeing Diana with a sword and shield either but I don't think this will be the most egregious instance of it happening.
    Waid's history is enough to give him pause along with his continued statements of not getting the character or saying she has no great runs, you wouldn't see Superman fans eager for Frank Miller penning Superman.

And like Garrac said, of course Superman and Batman fans will have plenty of other books to read if they don't like this. Sucks if you're anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I just don't know why this couldn't be developed on separate tie-ins. Batman and Superman fans won't mind because they have food on other tables, Wonder Woman has only one table and you're forcing me to eat pizza with pineapple for three months. yes, the pizza may be tasty, and the cook may be the same, but I came here for another menú and you just interrupted my daily diet.
    If I had to guess, they couldn't find anyone willing to do a separate mini-series or, more likely, knew no one would buy it.

By making it part of the main series, they're kind of low-key admitting they know no one cares about these event tie-ins and will only buy them because they "have" to.

I'll probably be skipping them myself. Zero interest in crossover BS...especially one being steered by Mark Waid.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Um? On all this run's marketing as far as I can see this comic has been sold as "Wonder Woman vs USA". Haven't seen that much marketing takes on "This guy is the ultimate Wonder Woman's villain".
    Then you missed it:

https://www.thepopverse.com/wonder-w...daniel-sampere

Wonder Woman is extremely powerful. She’s the greatest warrior in a world of warriors. She’s a myth in the flesh. This is not someone you can defeat with a big monster or a shiny rock. The new villain we’re introducing in Wonder Woman #1 -- a villain on par with Lex Luthor or The Joker -- is well aware of this reality. He has a plan to strike at the heart of our hero. How Wonder Woman responds, how she takes this incredible blow and keeps fighting is the story of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, I did happen to watch one of the 2-hours interviews he gave about it.

He wasnt saying "Wonder Woman doesnt have a good villain like Luthor or Joker". He literally said his plot needed a scheming villain working with the status quo, an intelligent mastermind plotter that you can't defeat like Luthor or Joker, that requires less of a direct confrontation. (which is what he told on the popverse interview as well, btw)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Diana vs a robot stealing powers id say is a valid reason to use a sword. Even if Waid has had her use it in the past.

Though I'm more concerned about the synergy between the main event and her solo tie-ins. If W/T write 2 different Diana's it'll be annoying
    Yeah I'm not satisfied about the 3 month detour but I'll try to find sense of this, it..... can fit kind of.

The armored look is cause she's being robbed of her powers the same as everyone else, and using a sword against a mechanical monster is pretty justified, depending on the sentience of the Amazo bots. Its not like she's hurting a person.

I also feel like this could be easy to work in the book. Waller is technically working under the government, and Sovereign has developed his own department the Department of Sovereignty, so it feels feasible to connect this plot through Sovereign working with Waller to send another new threat to take down Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Waid's history is enough to give him pause along with his continued statements of not getting the character or saying she has no great runs, you wouldn't see Superman fans eager for Frank Miller penning Superman.

And like Garrac said, of course Superman and Batman fans will have plenty of other books to read if they don't like this. Sucks if you're anyone else.
    I feel like it would be more of an issue if the writer of her solo wasn't also handling her tie-in rather than Waid writing her exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I was excited, thinking that we were going to have two Wonder Woman titles during those months, the main one from King and the event titles. I am so delusional.

In the meantime WTF is this shhht

Wonder Woman with 2 giant blue lobster tails strapped to her hips

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Woman with 2 giant blue lobster tails strapped to her hips
    Isn't that just her skirt spread out?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that just her skirt spread out?
    Noooo, they're very rare giant blue lobsters, found only off the shores of Themyscira. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

On July 17, in the pages of Wonder Woman #11, Diana’s quest for the truth is placed on hold as she comes face-to-face with Waller’s latest toy, an Amazo robot ready to take all her powers for good! Wonder Woman can use all the help she can get to survive; find out if the Justice League Dark is up to the task in this Absolute Power tie-in by Tom King, Tony S. Daniel, and Belén Ortega.

It's funny, when I was a kid and because my first approach to superheroes were playing cards and figurines, I always thought that Amazo was an enemy of WW, because of the name and the lasso, and I always played to make them fight.

Anyway... it's a shame that no villain from her gallery has a stellar participation, although something tells me the Sovereign and Sg Steel will be the ones who are somehow related to Amanda Waller and this whole event, in Beast World Steel and the Boreau of Sovereignty already appeare.
    In addition, the fact that the JLD continues to be related to Diana makes me very very very excited.

I honestly forgot Justice League Dark was associated with Diana.
    What is the lineup for that again? Zatanna, Chimp, and Constantine?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I honestly forgot Justice League Dark was associated with Diana.
    What is the lineup for that again? Zatanna, Chimp, and Constantine?
    The last interaction we saw, horribly written by Josie Campbell, was in Wonder Woman Knight Terrors and the group consisted of Constantine, Detective Chimp, Ragman, Dr. Fate and Etrigan.
    Zatanna had her own separate story.