Page 146 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3010

I really enjoyed #4 a lot. I'm not a King fan, his Batman run was the pits, but I've been enjoying Wonder Woman. Even the backup was awesome, the dialog between Jon and Damian was hillarious.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

More annoyed at Sovereign's dialogue about Circe than Circe's outfit, honestly, since "bows to her betters" fits...like no incarnation of her? Like not even the actual myth versions of Circe.

Probably just ego villain talk, at least I hope.

Yara seems characterized as pretty much the same as she has been elsewhere.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ha Steel got turned into a pig, thats funny.

Should be interesting seeing how the other villain introductions will be.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Circe design has always been fine as one of her looks, and I don't mind it showing up here to show consistency with Rucka's run. But I would prefer if she switches up something else when it comes time to go into battle.

The Wonder Girls stuff is weird, but I'm intrigued for what's gonna set Donna apart from the other two. If there is a need to get through to Diana on something, it will be Donna.
    I think the problem is it's been used as her de-facto/go-to looks for so long despite not really having a strong basis for doing so.

I'm worried about how he'll write Cassie but maybe he can do an okay Donna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    More annoyed at Sovereign's dialogue about Circe than Circe's outfit, honestly, since "bows to her betters" fits...like no incarnation of her? Like not even the actual myth versions of Circe.

Well, he is a representation of the patriarchy talking about a powerful woman.

I'm far from a big Yara fan but that attitude feels excessive even for her, especially with the time she's actually had with Diana at this point. Also the dialogue is just...why?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It's great to see Giganta again, especially being drawn by Sampere. I like that they alluded to any and all of her origins being cannon. I'm fond of the gorilla version, myself.

King hit the nail on the head with Circe with why I usually find her disinteresting. Sure, she talks a lot of smack but in the end, she's a dreamer instead of a do-er in most scenarios. She was great in Phil Jimenez's run and in the most recent JLDark series but beyond those portrayals, she's been mediocre at best.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I wonder if Sovereign is just harping on the "ape" thing to disparage her because he can't fathom a genuinely brilliant woman succeeding at turning herself into a giantess so "she must have been an ape at some point!" or something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Sovereign is just harping on the "ape" thing to disparage her because he can't fathom a genuinely brilliant woman succeeding at turning herself into a giantess so "she must have been an ape at some point!" or something.
    I do think his misogynistic personality is bleeding into his view of Giganta and Circe. But I guess we will know when we see his view of Dr. Psycho.

I love that Yara looks and acts like Yara no matter who's writing or drawing her. I wish King worked so hard at Artemis' characterization last issue, there wasn't one bitchy line and like with Emma Frost, that's what makes me enjoy her.

That exceedingly bland look for Circe needs to die a grisly death.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I love that Yara looks and acts like Yara no matter who's writing or drawing her. I wish King worked so hard at Artemis' characterization last issue, there wasn't one bitchy line and like with Emma Frost, that's what makes me enjoy her.

That exceedingly bland look for Circe needs to die a grisly death.
    Is it in Yara to think that she can beat Diana because Diana is old?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I just looked at it as her trying to be funny and arrogant. She knows Diana is the goat.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I just looked at it as her trying to be funny and arrogant. She knows Diana is the goat.
    I think it just comes off badly because of King's writing and the weird dialogue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think it is in Yara to smack talk

Love Greg Rucka's chic, Doctor Who-ish Circe -perfect fit for what the character should be in 2024! For once, Wonder Woman's #2 or #3 supervillain doesn't look like she's part-timing as a greeter, at Disney World. Lex Luthor isn't running around in a body stocking with a jet-pack attached, like the blamed JETSONS...stuck in the Silver Age - similarly growing up Circe's look isn't the end of the Wonderverse.

Love also that Tynion's Circe regards the very theatrical Perez look, with the commensurately dismissive chuckle it deserves. Heh!

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-12-2024 at 05:13 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I love everything about that Giganta page. The human's-eye view is insanely effective, really nails the "holy ****" factor of a woman the size of a building that gets lost too often. Even the lettering establishes her scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Seems like ego villain talk to me, considering the punchline is Circe turning the agents of her "better" into pigs...

I think the really off thing with Yara is her dialogue, not so much her attitude. Isn't she supposed to have grown up in Iowa or something?

I'm waiting until the rest of the issue to make any calls on the Wonder Girls stuff, but everything with Yara in the preview does seem a little odd to me. I'm glad King recognizes that Diana's relationship with Donna is unique and it's very much wishful thinking but I hope he helps re-establish how close they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Love Greg Rucka's chic, Doctor Who-ish Circe -perfect fit for what the character should be in 2024! For once, Wonder Woman's #2 or #3 supervillain doesn't look like she's part-timing as a greeter, at Disney World. Lex Luthor isn't running around in a body stocking with a jet-pack attached, like the blamed JETSONS...stuck in the Silver Age - similarly growing up Circe's look isn't the end of the Wonderverse.

Love also that Tynion's Circe regards the very theatrical Perez look, with the commensurately dismissive chuckle it deserves. Heh!

Is that what they're going for?

Even The Mistress feels more Circe than this in my opinion.